MLB Season V2: Can't have Baseball if you don't have your Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
question. I am not that familiar with MLB.

How many pitchers are there per team? It seems like there are a lot, more than I would have thought. I had in my mind that there were probably 2 to 3 pitchers and the best pitched most of the time with the other 2 being used only if the best was throwing his arm out or was just "out of rhythm".

How many pitchers are there per team? It seems like there are a lot, more than I would have thought. I had in my mind that there were probably 2 to 3 pitchers and the best pitched most of the time with the other 2 being used only if the best was throwing his arm out or was just "out of rhythm".
13 or so depending on the team
5 starters
6 relievers
2 closers

Machado on fire. Orioles are fucking stupid if they trade him.

I think there are like 4 or 5 starting pitchers rotating, then a bunch of relief pitchers when the starters can't finish the game. Sometimes like recently when one team outscores the other by a lot, they will use like an outfielder or infielder to be relief pitcher so they don't waste the wear and tear of a normal pitcher in a pointless game they have no chance of coming back to win.

aaaannd the Dodgers season still has a pulse.

thank you arizona and colorado for also sucking during this trying time.

one or three pitchers cant possibly pitch all the innings for a team. when you throw 100 pitches in one day (around average per game), it takes your arm several days to recover from that and be fresh to throw again. therefore you need 5-6 starters, plus a handful of guys to pitch each game when the starter starts to become ineffective.

plus, now most of these moron managers over manage and want to use 47 pitchers a game because that is what the "numbers" say to do. so by all means take out your ace starter in the 6th inning because your long reliever has really good numbers against their number 8 hitter who is due up. Tonyy Larussa started that shit. Dave Roberts took it to a new level

Yea ppl get fired if a guy like Machado walks for nothing. O's gambled on competing this year, when they should have seen what the Sox/Yanks were & kicked the can 3-4 years down the road by trading Manny.

Man feels like yesterday I was streaming MILB.TV, watching this guy play his first game in CF in AA Portland (log will reflect). Now hes probably gonna win his third straight Gold Glove and potentially be MVP.

And the Joey Bats experiment comes to a merciful end.

Hader walked a guy because he was bored and wanted a tougher challenge imo

32 pitch outing, 15 swings and misses. wtf

Sergio Romo starting back to back games lmao

Rays playing 4d chess

Hader walked a guy because he was bored and wanted a tougher challenge imo

32 pitch outing, 15 swings and misses. wtf

That guy is just crazy good. I see him frequently featured on Pitching Ninja’s Twitter and with good reason.

Sergio Romo starting back to back games lmao

Rays playing 4d chess
Saw Romo was starting , Duffy hitting 3rd, and Arroyo (giants top 3 prospect for a few yrars) was batting 5th. Double take at that one

Mac Williamson has 3 HRs in 5 games in MLB, 8 HR in 13 games in AAA since going with the Justin Turner batting stance / swing.

This swing doctor is about to make some money if Hunter Pence starts hitting again, old man is trying to switch to it

Yu Darvish with a quality start for once.

once again, thank you Arizona for your suck

One more solid performance by Shohei Ohtani on the mound. I am impressed by his performance~.

It'd be dumber to NOT trade Machado and probably Adam Jones at this stage if you're the Orioles. Aren't they both gone either this year or Jones leaves next year in Free Agency?

Might as well get a couple picks or a minor leaguer or two for them. God knows some teams (*cough*Mariners*cough*) could use one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back