MLB Offseason - Stanton to SF

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a hardcore Indians fan since I was a kid ..fuck Jim Thome. I still can't believe they gave him a statue and are trying to give this Mr. Cleveland narrative about him. "They'll have to tear this uniform off me" "It's not about the money". He'll always be a traitor to me.

It wasnt about the money, it was about not living in fucking Cleveland.

Who's left to be signed thats a free agent?

Where's Hosmer going to end up?

Outside of Brinson I’m not overly bothered. Harrison is a sell high candidate (good year in high A after being shit the previous 2) and Diaz has potential but a down year in the same level

Brewers have a ton of OF depth in the minors so someone had to go. Phillips looked solid when he came up. I’m gonna trust Stearns until he proves me otherwise, he’s done a great job thus far

Marlins might have had the best OF in the league a few months ago lol

Outside of Brinson I’m not overly bothered. Harrison is a sell high candidate (good year in high A after being shit the previous 2) and Diaz has potential but a down year in the same level

Brewers have a ton of OF depth in the minors so someone had to go. Phillips looked solid when he came up. I’m gonna trust Stearns until he proves me otherwise, he’s done a great job thus far

Phillips has a lot of potential. @Almighty Angus

I mean if all he cares about is money, great but if he wants to win it might be best to take a slight pay cut and sign with a team that has a chance at contending.

I think he can have a Hunter Pence type career

Hosmer played in every game last year

I'm kinda mad at who ever it was that talked me into trading him

I mean if all he cares about is money, great but if he wants to win it might be best to take a slight pay cut and sign with a team that has a chance at contending.

<TheWire1>He won a WS already

5 years of control, close to the 6 years you get if your prospect actually pans out.

5 years of control, close to the 6 years you get if your prospect actually pans out.

It's interesting how the landscape of baseball has changed.

I have to agree with what we talked about. That's a huge fucking price tag. Glad Houston went Kaep

Yup, he isn't worth it. Only solid with good team around him.

Yup, he isn't worth it. Only solid with good team around him.

I even went back and looked and he isn't even a GG fielder by any realistic standards. Even when Andruw Jones was like 30 lbs over weight and camping out at the Men's Club he was better.

You were spot on. Steal of the offseason is Cole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back