MLB Offseason - Stanton to SF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like just Moore for prospects. Wonder what they have planned for that payroll or if it’s just to get under the luxury tax for a year.
They supposedly want to compete vs tear it down - But even if they had gotten Stanton/add FAs they want to get under the luxury tax for the 1 year reset

They supposedly want to compete vs tear it down - But even if they had gotten Stanton/add FAs they want to get under the luxury tax for the 1 year reset

Yeah, hard to tell what they are planning at this point. I know Baer and the rest have said they want to compete but not sure how realistic that is unless they make some impressive upgrades in the off season.

AA/AAA relief arm. Had decentish numbers out of bullpen.

Last edited:
Israel Cruz is the other prospect, another minor league arm.

Your typical lottery ticket that throws hard and is forever away

Yanks trying for G. Cole. Trade based around Clint Frazier. Pirates already have a load of OF prospects i thought..

Wonder if the Giants target Yelich or McCutchen now.

why-not-both.jpg

I would hate to give up prospects for a rental. At this point I would hate to give up prospects, giants have to realize they eventually need to replenish the farm

Dodgers re-aquired Matt Kemp basically Culberson while dumping McCarthy Kazmir and most notably Adrian Gonzalez.

Gotta be some other move coming....

But none save Gonzalez will even be missed. And it was his time

Waived his no trade clause since braves promised to release him.

Braves taking on the dodgers 3 wirst contracts for this year fir kemps one bad one. Dodgers have to be taking on some salary...plus they were already paying part of kemps deal

Wonder if the Giants target Yelich or McCutchen now.

why-not-both.jpg

Marlins have said they aren't trading Yelich. They want to build around him. Although, im sure if the price was right they would.

Can do worse than Kemp, but that contract is terrible. Good on Dodgers to shed the money.

Joc and Toles the odd men out?

Joc's bat in the yofs was better then anything he did all season. Would be happy to see that can kicked down the road fuck him. Kemp can provide better quality at bats and more protection in that line up.

Hate seeing A-Gon moved but it needed to be done. That guy was huge in the clubhouse

Doubt kemp ever suits up for the dodgers. Will probably dump him later.

Marlins have said they aren't trading Yelich. They want to build around him. Although, im sure if the price was right they would.

I’d take most anything coming from them with a grain of salt. They also said they would just keep Stanton and trade everyone else if he refused SF or STL. He called their bluff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back