MLB 2017 Discussion V3: Rafael Devers edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colon is on the mound this afternoon. The Diamondbacks are the only team he's never beaten.

The Grandy Man breaks up JV's no-no! Great acquisition. Dude can still hit...800+ OPS...can play all 3 OF positions.

Judge has really fallen off the second half. Altuve now clear front runner for AL MVP

Dodgers start granderson at clean up today and he hits a grand slam.

Lmfao at Joe Kelly nearly ko'ing an ump with a warmup pitch

edit: and now he's gone lmao. KO'd

Last edited:
Cole went from 6ip of great ball to shit.

Sam Dyson is the bright spot of this historically bad season lol.

That Umpire "protest" has gotta be one of saddest things ever.

Guys who never have to answer for their fuck ups, can toss players and coaches for voicing their displeasure at any time, and call balls and strikes however the fuck they feel like it, are crying "victim" because a player dare called one of them out by name in the press.

Good God. Replace them all with machines. Fuckin' crybabies.

Kershaw to rehab start in AAA on Saturday

That Umpire "protest" has gotta be one of saddest things ever.

Guys who never have to answer for their fuck ups, can toss players and coaches for voicing their displeasure at any time, and call balls and strikes however the fuck they feel like it, are crying "victim" because a player dare called one of them out by name in the press.

Good God. Replace them all with machines. Fuckin' crybabies.

They're still right though.

You cannot allow the players to treat the authority figures of the game that way.

Take the refs in basketball, they didn't assert themselves, now every single time there's a call, there's a player arguing the call or showing up the refs. And, kids now do the same thing at the lower levels.

You have to draw a line somewhere, and you have to follow through when it's crossed, even when is unpopular

They're still right though.

You cannot allow the players to treat the authority figures of the game that way.

Take the refs in basketball, they didn't assert themselves, now every single time there's a call, there's a player arguing the call or showing up the refs. And, kids now do the same thing at the lower levels.

You have to draw a line somewhere, and you have to follow through when it's crossed, even when is unpopular

I'd be fine with it, if these umps weren't actively engaging in the bullshit, and daring players to say something.

Over the past few years, I've seen some shit. Umps have become way more brazen in how they fuel confrontation, compared to previous eras. I think it has a lot to do with instant replay kicking the shit out of them. Their calls are being overturned all the time, and everyone is finding out just how wrong they are. Their authority is being questioned, and they can't take it. They're all in defensive mode at all times.

That's all fine, but it just seems like the Umps can't take the tiniest bit of scrutiny, because they've been the unquestionable authority for so long. They aren't exactly helping the situation, by being such triggered assholes. All in all, they're players in the game all the same, and I have no problem with them being held to the fire when they fuck up, just like a player would.

I'd be fine with it, if these umps weren't actively engaging in the bullshit, and daring players to say something.

Over the past few years, I've seen some shit. Umps have become way more brazen in how they fuel confrontation, compared to previous eras. I think it has a lot to do with instant replay kicking the shit out of them. Their calls are being overturned all the time, and everyone is finding out just how wrong they are. Their authority is being questioned, and they can't take it. They're all in defensive mode at all times.

That's all fine, but it just seems like the Umps can't take the tiniest bit of scrutiny, because they've been the unquestionable authority for so long. They aren't exactly helping the situation, by being such triggered assholes. All in all, they're players in the game all the same, and I have no problem with them being held to the fire when they fuck up, just like a player would.

There are ways to do that. Players taking it into their own hands is not a good idea.

There are ways to do that. Players taking it into their own hands is not a good idea.

They always have. What era didn't have players and coaches confronting Umpires?

It's just now, with social media, it's out there. I really don't mind the whole process. What I do mind are Umpires wearing wristbands like they're some oppressed group, that the people should get behind.

They need to grow the fuck up, and take it. Oh' boo hoo, you're being criticized. Break out the "cancer" bracelets. Fuck sakes.

They always have. What era didn't have players and coaches confronting Umpires?

It's just now, with social media, it's out there. I really don't mind the whole process. What I do mind are Umpires wearing wristbands like they're some oppressed group, that the people should get behind.

They need to grow the fuck up, and take it. Oh' boo hoo, you're being criticized. Break out the "cancer" bracelets. Fuck sakes.

Not every protest is people claiming to be oppressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back