MLB 2017 Discussion v2: The Judge Is Dancing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao @ fat panda. That dude mailed it in once he signed that deal.

Saw something that Turner was close to signing with the Red Sox back in 2014 but the dodgers ended up offering him a deal at the very last minute.

I once argued with a redsox fan for 2 pages that I was glad he signed in Boston, while the certain someone claimed i should be upset

(Just giving you a hard time )

Remember that argument very differently. Anyways the 3 signings of Canley (to play LF), Castillo and Candoval were all awfully timed. Their outfield situation in 14' fucken stunk out loud JBJ had a .531 OPS, Jonny Gomez, Daniel Nava, Mike Carp, Sizemore, Holt, Brentz and Victorino (only played 30 games), it was bad. So then they trade Lester for CesPEDes (who they eventually flip for Porcello), sign Castillo and then sign Canley to play LF. Its tough to blame them for giving up on JBJ after how incompetent he was, but after seeing how good Mookie looked in August/September 2014 there was no reason for the Canley signing.

They went from having the worst OF in baseball, spending a ton of money on "outfielders", none of them worked out and they still have the best OF in baseball 2 years later. Then the Candoval signing, he shows up 300 LBS in 2015 and then not only Travis Shaw emerges, Moncada becomes the best prospect in baseball, Devers is a top 5-10 prospect in baseball and now Michael Chavis comes from the clouds bashing HR's left & right. Potential 3rd basemen out the ying yang.

Offense was abysmal in 14' so I get the need to make moves, but the money they could have had to spend if they had just waited.

The Red Sox will pay Pablo, Castillo and Allen Craig 121mil from now thru 2020. Not even the putos contract is that bad ffs.

The Red Sox will pay Pablo, Castillo and Allen Craig 121mil from now thru 2020. Not even the putos contract is that bad ffs.

Luckily all of them will be gone including Canley when its time to pay Mookie, JBJ and Bogaerts. Still don't expect them to keep all 3, but they need to get on a Mookie Extension ASAP.

Luckily all of them will be gone including Canley when its time to pay Mookie, JBJ and Bogaerts. Still don't expect them to keep all 3, but they need to get on a Mookie Extension ASAP.

Yep. Stros need to lock up GOATuve asap as well.

These next 10 games will determine what the Rangers do at the trade deadline.

Puig with #17 and #18. Remember people shitting on even the thought Puig could be a valuable player again? Well they were wrong

funny story about Panda.
I live in the Bay Area and I was driving near my home once a few years ago and stopped at a light.
IFO me was a white Audi S4, a sporty car, with the license plate Pandas S4 (personalized).

I saw a fat dark skinned dude looking at me in his side mirror, since I was in my M3 and knew it was him. Idiot starts revving his engine, smh.

Long story short, light turns green. We both turn onto Ygnacio Blvd in Walnut Creek and I pass him
at normal speed, since he's dogging it. Next thing I know, dickwad is flying up the road at about 80 mph.

clownass, dangerous driver.
and a big fat fuck.
no doubt puts ketchup on his steak

Last edited:
Take them however they can get em.

Fuck Chapman. Let Betances close.

Fuck Chapman. Let Betances close.

Becances hasn't been great lately either, hes had control issues. Looked ok tonight against the bottom of the Sox order, outside of drilling Moreland.

Sox have had some B level prospects take solid leaps this year and have reloaded a bit. Don't really have a problem giving up a slightly better package then what they got Aaron Hill for last year, despite how bad Hill ended up being.

Becances hasn't been great lately either, hes had control issues. Looked ok tonight against the bottom of the Sox order, outside of drilling Moreland.

Sox have had some B level prospects take solid leaps this year and have reloaded a bit. Don't really have a problem giving up a slightly better package then what they got Aaron Hill for last year, despite how bad Hill ended up being.

Agreed, but Betances has nasty stuff. Throws hard. Been very reliable year in year out.

Damn, Sox trying to get Frazier. Would be a very nice bat to add to the lineup. Solid defense, and has wheels for a 3b.

Beltre is 20 hits away from 3,000 and just passed Carl Yastrzemski on the all time homerun list.

Altuve 21 hits in his past 10 games

Don't see him having huge value so I think we keep him. Any insider info RR?

Also - Johnny Cueto to the DL with a blister problem. Pretty bullshit that the MLB went and changed the baseball without telling anyone. Will be a giant asterisks next to whoever wins it this year.

Sale taking a fat dump on the cankees today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back