Mittrione > Fedor, Why Not Conor > Floyd?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Both Fedor and Floyd are 40 and retired. Fedor just got dominated and knocked out by Matt Mitrione, an NFL player in his mid 30s out of his prime himself.

Conor is 28, in his prime, an MMA legend, and has been training boxing all his life. After seeing tonight's fight, I think Conor KOs Floyd.

Both Fedor and Floyd are 40 and retired. Fedor just got dominated and knocked out by Matt Mitrione, an NFL player in his mid 30s out of his prime himself.

Conor is 28, in his prime, an MMA legend, and has been training boxing all his life. After seeing tonight's fight, I think Conor KOs Floyd.

I'll bite.

#1 the skill level required to reach a high level in boxing is way higher than the skill level required to reach a high level in MMA. in MMA you have various variables. you have numerous aspects of fighting, and rules that have recently been adapted/changed. it really has little history. no perfection has been done to the sport. Boxing is literally a science. you may get lucky in an mma fight but you damn sure are not going to get lucky in a boxing fight against a high level boxer.

#2 Floyd is Floyd Mayweather and not Fedor. Fedor is one of the most exciting fighters in mma history because he would throw bombs, engage in crazy exchanges, and not care about his opponents strengths. he jumped into werdums guard for god sakes. Floyd on the other hand is one of the smartest fighters to ever exist when it comes to defense. I personally feel he cherry picked his opponents, avoided dangerous fights, and came into every single fight with a brilliant gameplan. This will be no exception.

Any top 20 heavyweight boxer abuses Mitrione or Fedor in a boxing match. False premise.

you compare a bum like fedor with Floyd?

also you compare floyd who was number 1 p4p 1 year and 10 month ago with a fighter that hasn't been top 10 in 6 years?

I get what your going for but, no offense meant, your logic is flawed.

1) It's a HW fight, shit happens. They traded shots and both dropped. Matt reacted faster and won.

2) Both are mixed martial artists. Matt has 17 pro fights. Conor has 0 pro boxing matches. The comparison between them is highly flawed.

3) Fedor and Floyd are completely different kinds of fighters. Floyd has maintained and polished his same style for 49 pro matches. Fedor has abandoned the stronger aspects of his game as of late. Their grown as fighters is not even remotely similar.

4) Neither fighter was a defensive genius like Floyd. Neither fighter was a quick aggressive counter puncher in their prime like Conor. Matt and Fedor could not be more stylistically different from Maywheater and

5)Fedor and Matt went in and traded blows. A scenario that would never happen in the MayMac match.

6) Both fighters have taken more damage individually than Floyd and Conor have combined.

1 + 1 = 2

Why not 2+ 20 = 2?

I know i've seen a lot of them...but this might actually be the dumbest thing i've seen on here. Probably not but it's definitely the dumbest lately.

was this Mitrione´s MMA debut?

was fedor unbeaten before their fight?

did mitrione look like shit in sparring before the fight?

money talks, TS

Back