Reaction score
Romney on Trump during primary -

Romney when he wanted Cabinet gig-
161129212927-trump-romney-exlarge-169.jpg

Romney announced his Senate run

Trump endorses Romney

Romney readily accepts his endorsement again -

Meh.

Were people expecting him Mitt to respond with "Go fuck yourself Trumplestiltskin"

It was a half hearted acknowledgment and a strong pivot that he cares about the people of Utah.

"Tomorrow we begin a new tomorrow." –Mitt Romney on his final day of campaigning, Nov. 5, 2012

He lives for laughter

Meh.

Were people expecting him Mitt to respond with "Go fuck yourself Trumplestiltskin"

It was a half hearted acknowledgment and a strong pivot that he cares about the people of Utah.
He doesn't need Trump to win Utah. Romney name is royalty there. This guy stands for nothing - he and Trump would probably be best friends in private - everything is 100% transactional with them. In the moment what do they need to do or say to get what they want now, and if in a week then want something else then and would have to say/do the exact opposite to get it, so be it.

He doesn't need Trump to win Utah. Romney name is royalty there. This guy stands for nothing - he and Trump would probably be best friends in private - everything is 100% transactional with them. In the moment what do they need to do or say to get what they want now, and if in a week then want something else then and would have to say/do the exact opposite to get it, so be it.

He doesn't need him to win the election but he will need him to sign legislation for at least 2 years if the Mueller investigation doesn't lead to his removal before 2020.

Romney on Trump during primary -

Romney when he wanted Cabinet gig-
161129212927-trump-romney-exlarge-169.jpg

Romney announced his Senate run

Trump endorses Romney

Romney readily accepts his endorsement again -

Typical republican behaviour. Romney is a two faced dirt bag.

Meh.

This pretty much nails it. It seemed like a very gracious way to say thanks and not make a headline over it, as that would be bad press. I would be more surprised if Romney asks Trump to come out and support him on the campaign trail or if Romney makes references to supporting the initiatives of the POTUS.

It almost feels like he's half-assed trying to ride the fence in his thank you tweet to Trump. Just weird how he didn't @ him. It's as if he's planning on leaving himself an out, so that he can say he was thanking a different president down the line.

Typical republican behaviour. Romney is a two faced dirt bag.
I don't disagree with your statement but you ended it to short. It should also read "and the same could be said of the typical democrat behavior.

I still can’t believe Obama beat Romney in 2012. If the dems didn’t rig the election our country would be very different right now. Romney is a great man and very intelligent.

Mitt seems like an asshole, but by many accounts, people have stated over and over that he's actually a genuinely nice person in real life. Just like almost all mormons I've met in real life.

But the Liberal media told me that Romney is Trump's worst nightmare.

Romney is a moreman who things he's from the planet xylon or some bat-shit crazy stuff. He's better off going back into obscurity and never being behind a camera again.

I would back him if he challenges in 2020. Hopefully that's what he's doing. It would be nice to have an insurance policy that didn't include Mike Pence.

Your ire is that he said "thank you" instead of "fuck you?" I thought Americans were clamoring for more decorum and less indecorous behavior from politicians.

It's a senate race, he said thanks for the support -- the horror!

Back