Mitrione talks about Fedor vs Sonnen and fighting Fedor.

Trust me when I say Fedor's punch will land first in their rematch.

haven't seen enough of fedor in recent fights to know how well his wrestling/grappling/sambo skills still are

I also believe it's a winnable fight for chael

Chael P Sonnen is gonna beat Fedor.

Then he's gonna jam his big toe in the cage and hold Mitrione down and smash him.

I also believe it's a winnable fight for chael

Chael P Sonnen is gonna beat Fedor.

Then he's gonna jam his big toe in the cage and hold Mitrione down and smash him.
Fedor will not get LnP'd...Chael will get subbed...if it stays too long on the ground...

Chael isn't outwrestling him. Almost all his takedowns come from the clinch nowadays and he's tussling with a former Russian Olympic team judoka with at least 20lbs of weight on him.

If Chael wins it's by sticking and moving, throwing that goofy ass crooked left hand he has. He was outboxing Rampage pretty cleanly. But he's still got no defense and when he gets caught clean he will fold.

When I first saw Mitrione on tuf I couldn't stand him but he's become more likeable over the years.

Chael has looked really bad. I think Fedor throws haymakers until one lands.

Chael isn't outwrestling him. Almost all his takedowns come from the clinch nowadays and he's tussling with a former Russian Olympic team judoka with at least 20lbs of weight on him.

If Chael wins it's by sticking and moving, throwing that goofy ass crooked left hand he has. He was outboxing Rampage pretty cleanly. But he's still got no defense and when he gets caught clean he will fold.
It's not an easy fight to predict. The variables of how chael's skills will translate to this weight class are hard enough to calculate. It's even more confusing considering Fedor is a small heavyweight and has lost to middle and light heavyweights before. Chael could very well land a TD.

I would not be shocked by any result other than a Fedor decision win. Literally any other result would be less shocking.

It's not an easy fight to predict. The variables of how chael's skills will translate to this weight class are hard enough to calculate. It's even more confusing considering Fedor is a small heavyweight and has lost to middle and light heavyweights before. Chael could very well land a TD.

I would not be shocked by any result other than a Fedor decision win. Literally any other result would be less shocking.

I think Chael's skills standing translate well, he's very very quick. But he's still there to hit constantly and moves in and out on straight lines, against a 2-fisted counter puncher like Fedor that's a recipe to get flattened in an exchange. I don't think he will be able to grapple dominantly at HW like he did against Wand. He's going to be at a huge horsepower deficit.

Back