Missouri to lower minnimum wage from $10 to $7 something

If Missouri ranked even in the top twenty on economic growth/activity/worth chart I might pay attention but....

Missouri is an ass backwards shit hole that doesn't have anything to offer anyone..is it any surprise that they would do something that would directly hurt them in the long run?

7$ an hour..lol,I can't wait to support every welfare /subsidized housing/etc. program Missouri has,considering there about to grow enormously if this comes to fruition..

If Missouri ranked even in the top twenty on economic growth/activity/worth chart I might pay attention but....

Missouri is an ass backwards shit hole that doesn't have anything to offer anyone..is it any surprise that they would do something that would directly hurt them in the long run?

7$ an hour..lol,I can't wait to support every welfare /subsidized housing/etc. program Missouri has,considering there about to grow enormously if this comes to fruition..

Missouri has never had a minimum wage of $8 an hour or higher.

2017 is the highest ever @ $7.70

And it is higher than 21 of the other 49 States, including Texas (2nd), Pennsylvania (6th), Georgia (9th), and North Carolina (10th) by State GDP. Add in four more states to round that "Top 20", and 40% of them have lower thresholds.

Last edited:
Why doesnt Missouri lower it to 0 and bring back slavery? Then they could have full employment and get rid of all their social programs. States rights and what not...

Great critique. You totally addressed my point.
One wise man once said that you shouldnt argue with idiots as they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Ill take my chances
12 part podcast on the psychological meaning of the biblical stories by Jordan Peterson. Listen first 20 minutes and if you still think bible is bullshit and no one should ever read these crappy old stories i admit im wrong. If you are hooked and listen to all 12 (as i have done) and understand that bible is a lot more than all fairy tales, you admit that you were wrong.

just common sense
minimum wage jobs are the most unskilled, anybody can do it type of positions out there. Like fast food

why would you pay two people 7-8/hr, and then continue that when it goes up to 12 or 15? You wouldn't, you'd fire one person and make the one remaining earn some extra keep for that extra income....

Don't like it, don't have minimum wage skills. No adult should be working at jobs like that anyhoo, or else you have seriously made many poor decisions in your life. Those types of jobs are for teens/college students/disabled/elderly and other unskilled non contributors. If you are trying to support a family on MW, you clearly messed up and shouldn't have a family in the first place
edit: I forgot ex cons, obviously they may actually have skills but be relegated to MW type jobs due to record.

Why are they currently paying 2 people when one person can do it?

And do you know why lots of people not on minimum wage support an increase?

One wise man once said that you shouldnt argue with idiots as they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Ill take my chances
12 part podcast on the psychological meaning of the biblical stories by Jordan Peterson. Listen first 20 minutes and if you still think bible is bullshit and no one should ever read these crappy old stories i admit im wrong. If you are hooked and listen to all 12 (as i have done) and understand that bible is a lot more than all fairy tales, you admit that you were wrong.

I have heard Jordan Peterson on the Bible a lot. It's nothing but spiritualistic mysticism, on the level of Deepak Chopra. This presentation was not much more. It sounds profound, but it still does not cohere.

I never said the bible was full of crappy old stories. The King James Bible is one of humanity's legacy works. The stories are false, however. The Jesus story alone, the crux of the Bible itself, is riddled with historical errors, and contradictory information. That is your most important story, and it is not convincing. It says an earthquake rocked Israel great enough to shake the corpses out of their graves, and they went around talking to the people they knew in life.

It is quite possible to explore spirituality without the roadblocks of religious experience. Direct experience is possible without dogma, superstition and fear.

I have heard Jordan Peterson on the Bible a lot. It's nothing but spiritualistic mysticism, on the level of Deepak Chopra. This presentation was not much more. It sounds profound, but it still does not cohere.

I never said the bible was full of crappy old stories. The King James Bible is one of humanity's legacy works. The stories are false, however. The Jesus story alone, the crux of the Bible itself, is riddled with historical errors, and contradictory information. That is your most important story, and it is not convincing. It says an earthquake rocked Israel great enough to shake the corpses out of their graves, and they went around talking to the people they knew in life.

It is quite possible to explore spirituality without the roadblocks of religious experience. Direct experience is possible without dogma, superstition and fear.
You didnt even listen 5 minutes of it.

No reason to continue arguing. You think that everyone who is christian believes that bible is literally true, and its absolutely a false claim. Then you said that if it not true why should anyone bother with it and when i presented evidence why you didnt look at it. Nothing i can do after that.

Also that series of podcasts has about 0% to do with spiritual mysticism.

You didnt even listen 5 minutes of it.

No reason to continue arguing. You think that everyone who is christian believes that bible is literally true, and its absolutely a false claim. Then you said that if it not true why should anyone bother with it and when i presented evidence why you didnt look at it. Nothing i can do after that.

Also that series of podcasts has about 0% to do with spiritual mysticism.

Um, I did watch it. It was pseudo profound. It confirmed what I thought about Peterson, that he does not believe, but he twists into a pretzel to still hold his beliefs, for the safety they provide.

And if you dont believe it's literally true, and the stories are not real, then you can take the bits of philosophy and ethics that you deem useful, while discarding the ones you dont. Belief would not be needed then. The supposed christian would act like an atheist in regards to the bible. You dont believe, but you might recognize a phillip of wisdom that you could use.

Yeah .... you just cited an article from 2015. How's that relevant to a 2017 decision?

P.S.

From your own link:
On a per capita basis, Illinois' output of $52,287 per person ranks 13th among states ...

That means IL is in the upper third of the USA, and therefore your own "top 20" ... the wealthiest nation in the history of the planet.

It's cool if you want to keep trying to fight this one out, but you've got nothing.

Well this should really help St. Louis not be such a fucked up shitty area, or not.

Back