Missouri to lower minnimum wage from $10 to $7 something

giphy.gif

Progressives really believe money grows on trees. LEL

15.00 an hour minimum wage.

You see that car over there? Can you fix it? Oh you can? Ok we're gonna pay you the same amount as we pay that kid to fuck up your fast food order.

15.00 an hour minimum wage.

You see that car over there? Can you fix it? Oh you can? Ok we're gonna pay you the same amount as we pay that kid to fuck up your fast food order.
Lol at real car mechanics making $15 an hour.

I'm so glad Hillary lost.. Her promised $15 minimum wage across the entire US would have completely destroyed the US economy.

We shouldn't even have a minimum wage anywhere. All it does is set the bar lower for pay.

People should be allowed to work for whatever they are willing to accept. Don't like making $7 or $8 an hour? Don't take the fucking job.

We shouldn't even have a minimum wage anywhere. All it does is set the bar lower for pay.

People should be allowed to work for whatever they are willing to accept. Don't like making $7 or $8 an hour? Don't take the fucking job.

Sounds good on paper but the problem is that desperate and/or dumb people would be willing to work for slave wages.

Sounds good on paper but the problem is that desperate and/or dumb people would be willing to work for slave wages.

Desperate people would gladly work for "slave wages", because "slave wages" are better than no wages.

This is a good move by Missouri and will allow the low-skilled unemployed to find work at a lighter price point.

I'm so glad Hillary lost.. Her promised $15 minimum wage across the entire US would have completely destroyed the US economy.
Oh that's cool. Tell us where you got your degree in economics!

Yeah people seem to forget, we already tried not regulating wages at all. People were living in bone crushing poverty, because unskilled laborers have no leverage. And businesses WILL collude illegally to keep wages low. That's part of the reason we're in this situation, where basically all low level jobs pay wages decades behind inflation. Because they can.

And people always chime in with "well you have a choice!" Uh sure, technically. If you don't want to work at Mcdonalds for $8 an hour you can go check other retailers, restaurants, etc. You'll quickly find they all offer the same starting wage with zero option for negotiation, same hours and benefits etc. Employees are supposed to be a resource companies have to compete over. Well that only works when the employee has unique skills that increase their leverage.

There are millions of workers with no education, or a useless education. And experience only matters if you're in a skilled profession. Won't accept minimum wage AND part time hours? Well bye, the next guy will. When I was out of work and getting desperate, I applied everywhere around here. I had two places tell me if I listed my expected wage as ANYTHING above minimum wage, my application would basically go right in the garbage. Why negotiate when you have all the leverage and resources, and there are an infinite amount of other poor people looking for work that will accept anything?

If people really believe that the only results of higher wages for the vast majority of people is businesses lowering hours, not hiring, and burger flippers making as much as skilled jobs, you are a partisan hack spewing nonsense talking points.

More money for low wage people = more disposable income = more products sold = more demand for products.

Back