Eric Greitens now charged with TWO felonies, GOP state Congress won't impeach (UPDATE: has resigned)

To recap
two adults have an affair.
female adult tries to extort male politician. Politician says oh yeah, I got this naked picture of you and if you try to bring me down you're coming with me.
Politician is bad guy.

They both sound like classy individuals
[footage not found]

This began to surface during the 2016 campaign. It was a political dirt mine that struck gold. There is no indication of extortion of any kind on the part of the woman or her now-ex-husband, or their asses would be in a sling too.

[footage not found]

This began to surface during the 2016 campaign. It was a political dirt mine that struck gold. There is no indication of extortion of any kind on the part of the woman or her now-ex-husband, or their asses would be in a sling too.

I fell for the fake news.

But she did have sex with him after she knew he took the picture. Must not have been too upset. (Allegedly)

Not defending the guy.. not sure why someone would sleep with a woman and feel the need to have to take a picture to prevent from being blackmailed... how about not cheat on your wife!?

In the recorded phone conversation, the woman takes on some of the blame and says that Greitens apologized after the encounter-and told her he had deleted the picture.

She claims they had at least one more physical interaction later that day

http://www.kmov.com/story/37240190/governor-greitens-admits-to-extramarital-affair

I fell for the fake news.

But she did have sex with him after she knew he took the picture. Must not have been too upset. (Allegedly)

Not defending the guy.. not sure why someone would sleep with a woman and feel the need to have to take a picture to prevent from being blackmailed... how about not cheat on your wife!?

In the recorded phone conversation, the woman takes on some of the blame and says that Greitens apologized after the encounter-and told her he had deleted the picture.

She claims they had at least one more physical interaction later that day

http://www.kmov.com/story/37240190/governor-greitens-admits-to-extramarital-affair
Yeah she had some kind of ongoing thing with him. The part where he blackmails her is bizarre but that's probably wrapped up in the sexual fantasy too. Maybe he was having a blood flow problem to his brain when he did that...anyway it was enough to charge him so I suspect there is good evidence since he's a governor and the fire is coming his way from both parties.

That seems to happen a lot- even rape victims do that sometimes, nevermind the exciting gray areas like this. Props for admitting you got misled, shit happens to me too.

You’re missing the point dumbass. The point is that you should not be starting impeachment proceedings until the criminal case is done with. You liberals are all fucking insane.

That is literally not the way it has ever been done. You commit a crime, you get charged. Not a tough concept.

How do you take a naked photo of a woman, without consent, without using a hidden camera?

You have a camera, she’s naked and in front of you. What did she think you were doing?

PS, not defending the guy, genuinely curious. If he broke the law, fuck’em.
Is this really a serious question though? She could be pressured, threatened, tied up as is the case here, taken when she's asleep...

Is this really a serious question though? She could be pressured, threatened, tied up as is the case here, taken when she's asleep...

Sorry, I don’t think like a sexual predator. My bad.

Edit: the below recap is extremely flawed and not accurate

To recap
two adults have an affair.
female adult tries to extort male politician. Politician says oh yeah, I got this naked picture of you and if you try to bring me down you're coming with me.
Politician is bad guy.

They both sound like classy individuals

Not to mention, he's being charged with using a charity to bolster campaign donations. Dude is awful.

That is literally not the way it has ever been done. You commit a crime, you get charged. Not a tough concept.

Ok. I'm going to type slowly so you understand.

Charging someone with a crime does NOT mean they committed a crime. You have committed the crime AFTER being found guilty. Until then, you are only SUSPECTED of having committed the crime. There is a big difference, and I don't understand your problem with that concept.

He may be alleged to have committed the crime, but that crime was not proven in court.

If this was the case, the scumbag Senator from NJ, Menendez, should have been impeached. Instead, he went to court, played his games, and pulled off a NG verdict. So he was CHARGED with the crime, but never COMMITTED the crime.

I really don't know how else to explain such an elementary concept to you.

The first charge was brought by a St. Louis Circuit Attorney, through a grand jury indictment, on the issue of invasion of privacy after blackmailing a woman by taking a naked photo of her against her consent. Despite it passing the grand jury, Missouri Republicans still cried "LIBERAL WITCH HUNT!" and called for the Circuit Attorney's resignation for concocting bogus charges.

Now, the second charge has come from the Republican Attorney General Josh Hawley on the basis that Greitens used contact information from his veterans charity to solicit campaign donations.

Two felonies and still no impeachment proceedings - and this is a guy that the member of the Republican Party don't even like. If he were a long-time party member, I imagine he could sell Kansas City to China and curb stomp an infant on live television and still not get the boot.

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/new...eitens-charged-with-felony-computer-tampering

Get over it she lost its been years bro

For anyone wanting to see the Republican Party becoming a parody of itself: Eric Greitens response to being charged by a member of his own party and the relation to George Soros.

Sorry, I don’t think like a sexual predator. My bad.
I anticipated this response, you don't need to think like one and I guess in a way it's a positive thing you had no idea.

A Democrat would already be under weight.
That's a significant difference and the idea of the GOP staking out the moral high ground is a farce.

This is very evident. I'm hardly crazy about the Dems but we all know they'd have kicked their boy to the curb. They care about embarrassing optics. The GOP is falling over themselves in a rush to embrace it ffs.

Really? Maxine Waters has been named the most corrupt member of congress 4 times, helped secure a bailout for some no-name bank her husband held a bunch of stock in, Bernie's wife took out a bunch of loans by lying about incoming donations, bankrupted the college and gave herself a handsome severance package, Hillary had a goddamn scam setup to exchange political favors for money, Anthony Wiener had already fired off a bunch of dick pics and they didn't kick him to the curb until he started sending them to underage kids. Marion Barry was caught on film smoking crack with hookers and got reelected, Barney Frank was running a gay brothel out of his apartment. Both parties would rather win a position than come clean on wrongdoings.

He tied her up, put a blindfold on her, and took a picture. Then threatened that if she told anyone about the affair he would release it.

Oh, and he's married. Stand up guy from the party of family values.

She was married too, as has been mentioned in the other 5 threads about the same story. As has also been mentioned, he was a democrat when he did all this, which is neither here nor there anyway. It's a dopey argument to say "the party of..." because some scummy guy did shit behind closed doors, as if the party collectively got together to take naked photos.

She was married too, as has been mentioned in the other 5 threads about the same story.

She's
a
private
citizen.

She's
not
the
governor
of
Missouri.

Not that the two's actions are equal, which they are fucking not, since she didn't bind, photograph, and blackmail him. But, even if she did, she isn't in political office, so we can't impeach her, nor should we hold her conduct to the standards of one of the 50 most powerful state officeholders in the country.

I didn't see this tweet this week. Greitens has gone full Trump:

He is also blatantly obstructing justice, by trying to get a restraining order against the Attorney General.

Good, good.

The more scumbags that try to hide behind the name "Soros", "false allegations", and vague allusions to legal government paperwork in their times of severe distress, the sooner people will see through this bullshit, and sour when guys like Trump try to brush off legitimate concerns and criticism with loaded, vacuous doublespeak.

@Fawlty Basically Greitens' response on why he was getting another felony charge from the Republican AG

254fmt.jpg

Ok. I'm going to type slowly so you understand.

Charging someone with a crime does NOT mean they committed a crime. You have committed the crime AFTER being found guilty. Until then, you are only SUSPECTED of having committed the crime. There is a big difference, and I don't understand your problem with that concept.

He may be alleged to have committed the crime, but that crime was not proven in court.

If this was the case, the scumbag Senator from NJ, Menendez, should have been impeached. Instead, he went to court, played his games, and pulled off a NG verdict. So he was CHARGED with the crime, but never COMMITTED the crime.

I really don't know how else to explain such an elementary concept to you.

But democrats, how original.

For anyone wanting to see the Republican Party becoming a parody of itself: Eric Greitens response to being charged by a member of his own party and the relation to George Soros.

LOL.

Soros wants to dispose of a carpet bagging GOP Governor so badly that he planted a seductress hair dresser into Missouri government so she could destroy Greitens. Of course.

How can any somewhat intelligent, decent person be a Republican these days?

Back