Mismatches You'd Watch

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Jones VS Gabi Garcia in Japan. Unrealistic I know, because Jones is the smaller fighter and would have to move up to HW.

Cyborg vs Tate, it would be a mismatch in most fans' eyes but Tate would have a damn good chance for the upset if she was motivated!

Rockhold vs DC would be intriuging although it wouldn't happen because they are training partners/friends. Maybe DC/Jacare instead?

Frankie vs T-Ferg big size difference but interesting. On the same note Frankie vs Khabib.

There are probably a lot, just too lazy to think of more at the moment.

Edit: Joanna vs Pena! Could even happen too.

Cyborg vs Tate, it would be a mismatch in most fans' eyes but Tate would have a damn good chance for the upset if she was motivated!

Rockhold vs DC would be intriuging although it wouldn't happen because they are training partners/friends. Maybe DC/Jacare instead?

Frankie vs T-Ferg big size difference but interesting. On the same note Frankie vs Khabib.

There are probably a lot, just too lazy to think of more at the moment.

Edit: Joanna vs Pena! Could even happen too.
Like these. I don't see how DC/ Rockhold would be a mismatch, though. If anything it'd be Rockhold going against someone his own size.

Like these. I don't see how DC/ Rockhold would be a mismatch, though. If anything it'd be Rockhold going against someone his own size.
Well true Luke is really tall so it doesn't look like a mismatch the way many cross weight class fights would, it would be more on the lines of Holloway vs Alvarez or something.

Any freakshow fight in Japan would be one I'd watch. Like dis:

Conner vs Bob Sapp in Ultimate Surrender match (not even for the homoism, or not that much at least)

DC vs Clean Jon Jones

Bisping vs Top Contender

Aldo vs. Artem. I'd love to see Aldo kill that tool.

Cyborg vs Artem

The worst possible FlyW vs Ronda

The Okami fight is too much of a mismatch. I won't watch it because of it.

Luke-Werdum....too much of a mismatch. Height doesn't catch up for a solid career as a HW. Big uninteresting mismatch.

Conor too big for Garbrant....also not interesting.

Anything with Anthony Joshua and MMA HWs is cool.

DC-Romero I'd buy a ticket: agree.
All those matches are much closer than Anthony Joshua vs a top 10 heavyweight. The skill gap is incredible but somehow Okami vs OSP is unwatchable?

All those matches are much closer than Anthony Joshua vs a top 10 heavyweight. The skill gap is incredible but somehow Okami vs OSP is unwatchable?

Well, I like A. Joshua.

The Okami fight makes me cringe....I hope he pulls something off.

I kinda want to see Werdum-Rockhold because there is bad blood. But Werdum is a legit HW and Rockhold a big guy....maybe it's not competitive.

The upcoming OSP/ Okami fight is a mistmatch, as it pits a current WW against a large LHW. Nonetheless, I love it, because I love when smaller fighters beat larger fighters. And it got me thinking: What are some other mismatches in size or skill I'd love to see? Only rule: They have to be REALISTIC enough for the UFC to put them on. So no 2 Flyweights vs a HW type stuff.

1. Werdum/ Rockhold - Rockhold is a big 6'3 MW who wants to fight at LHW soon. It'd be an interesting fight between two great grapplers. I think Werdum wins by KO actually, since his striking is pretty good and powerful now.

2. Conor/ Garbrandt - LW vs BW, but I'd watch. Cody and Conor are both exciting as hell.

3. Stipe or Overeem/ Anthony Joshua - Yes, it's a freakshow, but I'd give my money to watch.

4. DC/ Romero - Two former wrestlers with shared history. I'd pick DC via size and cardio.

5. Romero/ Woodley - May seem random, but these two fighters are both explosive, hit hard, fight in bursts, have cardio issues, and are great wrestlers. Woodley has god-tier TDD right now, and I'd love to see how it holds up against Romero and his lack of cardio. Though, knowing Woodley, this fight could be boring as shit.

6. Volkan Oezdemir/ Any Mortal
Edmond vs Aldo

Mendes McKenzie 2

The original still stands out as one of the most ridiculous on paper matchups UFC made

I can't think of any fights with that disparity in rankings without some type of title implication and then Mendes delivered what was expected

This shit right her...

d25021a970ced130c83265d2b5e3329e.jpg

Back