Mismatches You'd Watch

A.S. Deep

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The upcoming OSP/ Okami fight is a mistmatch, as it pits a current WW against a large LHW. Nonetheless, I love it, because I love when smaller fighters beat larger fighters. And it got me thinking: What are some other mismatches in size or skill I'd love to see? Only rule: They have to be REALISTIC enough for the UFC to put them on. So no 2 Flyweights vs a HW type stuff.

1. Werdum/ Rockhold - Rockhold is a big 6'3 MW who wants to fight at LHW soon. It'd be an interesting fight between two great grapplers. I think Werdum wins by KO actually, since his striking is pretty good and powerful now.

2. Conor/ Garbrandt - LW vs BW, but I'd watch. Cody and Conor are both exciting as hell.

3. Stipe or Overeem/ Anthony Joshua - Yes, it's a freakshow, but I'd give my money to watch.

4. DC/ Romero - Two former wrestlers with shared history. I'd pick DC via size and cardio.

5. Romero/ Woodley - May seem random, but these two fighters are both explosive, hit hard, fight in bursts, have cardio issues, and are great wrestlers. Woodley has god-tier TDD right now, and I'd love to see how it holds up against Romero and his lack of cardio. Though, knowing Woodley, this fight could be boring as shit.

6. Volkan Oezdemir/ Any Mortal

Last edited:
I don't think DC/Romero is a mismatch.
Agreed actually. I included it because it's an undefeated HW vs. a MW. DC would probably be at least 230 in the cage, and Romero said he only cuts from 198 or 197 I believe.

The upcoming OSP/ Okami fight is a mistmatch, as it pits a current WW against a large LHW. Nonetheless, I love it, because I love when smaller fighters beat larger fighters. And it got me thinking: What are some other mismatches I'd love to see? Only rule: They have to be REALISTIC enough for the UFC to put them on. So no 2 Flyweights vs a HW type stuff.

1. Werdum/ Rockhold - Rockhold is a big 6'3 MW who wants to fight at LHW soon. It'd be an interesting fight between two great grapplers. I think Werdum wins by KO actually, since his striking is pretty good and powerful now.

2. Conor/ Garbrandt - LW vs BW, but I'd watch. Cody and Conor are both exciting as hell.

3. Stipe or Overeem/ Anthony Joshua - Yes, it's a freakshow, but I'd give my money to watch.

4. DC/ Romero - Two former wrestlers with shared history. I'd pick DC via size and cardio.
This is actually a fantastic list. I'd watch all of those.

The upcoming OSP/ Okami fight is a mistmatch, as it pits a current WW against a large LHW. Nonetheless, I love it, because I love when smaller fighters beat larger fighters. And it got me thinking: What are some other mismatches I'd love to see? Only rule: They have to be REALISTIC enough for the UFC to put them on. So no 2 Flyweights vs a HW type stuff.

How is Anthony Joshua vs Miocic or Overeem a mismatch in size? Miocic and Overeem are both 6'4 and Joshua is 6'6. Miocic and Overeem both have 80" reaches while Joshua has an 82" reach.

The Okami fight is too much of a mismatch. I won't watch it because of it.

Luke-Werdum....too much of a mismatch. Height doesn't catch up for a solid career as a HW. Big uninteresting mismatch.

Conor too big for Garbrant....also not interesting.

Anything with Anthony Joshua and MMA HWs is cool.

DC-Romero I'd buy a ticket: agree.

How is Anthony Joshua vs Miocic or Overeem a mismatch in size? Miocic and Overeem are both 6'4 and Joshua is 6'6. Miocic and Overeem both have 80" reaches while Joshua has an 82" reach.
Mismatch in skill.

Cm punk vs any heavyweight

Cyborg vs a fast heavy handed male WW like Larkin

Back