Misheard lyrics thread

MoparOrNoCar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Any of you guys mishear lyrics and wind up getting laughed at when you sing them around someone who knows the real words?

I was somewhere between buzzed and drunk at a party one time and Pony by Ginuwine came on and I was feeling the beat. Probably hadn't heard the song in like 10 years but I was feeling up for singing it. I was struggling through the verse because I barely knew any of the words but as soon as the chorus hit, I got all confident and belted out

Your pony....is stupid!!

And everyone went <bball1>{<jordan} on me for flubbing the lyrics up so badly.

I am one of the biggest Doors fans around and when I was little I used to think Jim was singing "China set the night on fire" instead of "Try to set the night on fire".

I was thinking of starting a thread like this and forgot about it, so i'm glad you posted it. I've done it for a few songs. I was at a jr. high dance as a kid and heard Til Tuesday's 'voices carry.' I thought she was singing "oceans, keep it down now, are so scary!" when in reality she sings, "oh shush, keep it down now, voices carry!"

Someone once sang "excuse me while I kiss this guy" to Hendrix's Purple Haze when I was there and when I and a few other corrected him he swore up and down that they were the lyrics.

I thought Pearl Jam's lyrics were "Jeremy smoking crack today"

Had a roommate in college believe it was,

“I, want to rock and roll all night.....and part of every day.”

He grew up in Australia so we partially forgave him.

Black Sabbath paranoid "I'd tell you to end your life I wish I could but it's too late."

Actual lyrics are "I'd tell you to enjoy life." Certain singers have this effect and Sabbath's been accused of the paranoid allegation. You hear what you want but I definitely hear enjoy now.

I was surprised to learn that Might as well face it your a dick with a glove, is actually Might as well face it your addicted to love.

To be fair I make up my own lyrics to songs when I’m bored. It’s a lot of STD innuendo and completely inappropriate phraseology.

I worked with a guy that thought it was "Dirty Deeds and The Thunder Chief"

Don't go out tonight, for it's bound to take your life. Theeeere's a bathroom, on the right.

Blinded by the light. Wrapped up like a douche another mother in the night.

I was surprised to learn that Might as well face it your a dick with a glove, is actually Might as well face it your addicted to love.

When I was a kid I thought he was saying bite his little face off you're addicted to love.

I worked with a guy that thought it was "Dirty Deeds and The Thunder Chief"

When I was a kid I thought he was singing

"Dirty D's Dunder Chee"

And I always thought "What the hell is a Dunder Chee?"

Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm six feet four?

For the longest time I thought in House of The Rising Sun he was mad that his mother was a "traitor" who "sold his new blue jeans"

Misheard lyrics in a Nelly song today and thought it seemed like a weird reference for the time. Guess I was wrong lol

And can I make it? Damn right, I be on the next fight
Paying cash; first class - sitting next to Dana White
<31>

True story, I thought the opening line of “Nutshell” by Alice in Chains was “Yeah, chestnuts on the rye” when it is actually “We chase misprinted lies”. Rest in peace Layne Staley.

Back