Mirko Cro Cop vs Rumble Johnson - who wins?

Seeing Rumble fail to put Arlovski down has me leaning toward Mirko on this one. Rumble might actually be bigger than Cro Cop, but prime Mirko's got that HW durability (normally).
aa_vs_rumble_medium.gif

He was seconds away from stopping Arlovski in the first. Andrei was done with three more seconds.

aa_vs_rumble_medium.gif

He was seconds away from stopping Arlovski in the first. Andrei was done with three more seconds.
Rumble had Arlovski eating through a straw for 3 months

Completely shattered his jaw, absolutely scary power. His only problem in that fight was that it was his first time at HW, so he wasn't used to carrying that much weight.

Not sure Mirko would fare well throwing kicks at boxing range against a crazy puncher like Rumble.
He would need to stay out the pocket to set up those shots. I see Rumble backing him against the fence, cutting him off consistently.

Crocop by LHK :) not even close. Prime Crocop has lasted against prime Fedor.

Crocop by LHK :) not even close. Prime Crocop has lasted against prime Fedor.
Arona and Herring lasted against prime Fedor too. Arona got robbed against Fedor, he did more than "last" against him.

Rumble would've killed Arona in less than a minute

Arona and Herring lasted against prime Fedor too. Arona got robbed against Fedor, he did more than "last" against him.

I agree that Arona had Fedor on the ground and got robbed. Arona would do the same to Rumble in my opinion.

I agree that Arona had Fedor on the ground and got robbed. Arona would do the same to Rumble in my opinion.
Not a chance.

Arona's wrestling wasn't nearly as good as Phil Davis or Ryan Bader's and Rumble outwrestled them easily and destroyed them

Arona wouldn't have a hope of getting Rumble down, and he wouldn't last more than a minute striking with Rumble.

How is this even a question
Prime Cro Cop ruins AJ and im a big fan of him too.

Cro Cop put up a fight against prime Fedor like no one else. It was a HW fight of a decade.

Not a chance.

Arona's wrestling wasn't nearly as good as Phil Davis or Ryan Bader's and Rumble outwrestled them easily and destroyed them

Arona wouldn't have a hope of getting Rumble down, and he wouldn't last more than a minute striking with Rumble.
Arona would pull the guard standing if needed and submit him off his back. IMO

Arona would pull the guard standing if needed and submit him off his back. IMO
He wouldn't be able to get close enough. Shogun had no issues with KOing Arona inside his guard and neither would Rumble.

Rumble only gives up his back and gets choked out when he mentally quits, not when he's fresh.

He wouldn't be able to get close enough. Shogun had no issues with KOing Arona inside his guard and neither would Rumble.

Rumble only gives up his back and gets choked out when he mentally quits, not when he's fresh.
Lets agree to disagree then :)

Crocop was asked at one point in his career if he couldn't drop a weightclass since he's a relativeley small HW. He said he would have to cut a leg to make the 205. Not sure if he never even tried, or just thickboned and won't drop weight easily.

He's exaggerating. He weighed 218 pounds vs Wanderlei. Daniel Cormier weighs 235 when he fights at LHW and recently Thiago Santos, a middleweight, weighed 212 on fight night (info from CSAC). Cro Cop could make light heavyweight easily.

LHW Rumble is actually bigger than him. But in the fight I'd take prime Cro Cop. Rumble has no heart and would fold eventually and either give up a choke (unlikely) or turtle up until the ref saves him (most likely)

I find it funny how many Pride fanboys are talking about how a ring would make all the difference in the world as though Rumble isn’t an expert at knocking people dead when he corners them in an octagon. Give Rumble a real corner to force his opponent into and you’ll see them knocked out very quickly.

Back