Mirko Cro Cop OUT of Bellator 200; Carvalho vs. Mousasi Title Bout Moved to Main Event

Hopefully this means he will be at Rizin 11 instead, and hopefully Kongo is ready for a fight.
He should have been in the tournament anyway let alone an alternate

Been in the UK on a scholarship for a while and was actually considering getting tickets to that to see Cro Cop live. Glad I didn't bother. Not too surprising, honestly, given how many injuries he's been dealing with over the last decade. Didn't he joke once about basically trying to hold himself together with duct tape? He was fortunate to go through his entire career with no serious injuries (cracked a rib during the 1999 K-1 WGP, fucked up his right foot low kicking Hiromi Amada in the 2000 K-1 Fukuoka GP, and fucked up his left foot in 2005 [hence the shoes against Hunt], but that's it), but since around 2007/2008, he's just been a walking injury.

It's a knee injury, he had an operation immediately after it...he could be out for over a year.

Aww for fucks sake. I was looking forward to a heavily roided Cro Cop.

Yeah, he needs a huge unfair advantage, right? Maybe that's why he pulled out. Bellator is a far cry from USADA (see Chandler for instance), but they still have some testing.

the real main event. ol crop cop washed up anyways

the real main event. ol crop cop washed up anyways

At least Mousasi vs. Carvalho is a decent replacement main event. I really wouldn't have wanted to see Cro Cop get KO'd by Nelson.

Ugh knee injuries suck, he's gon be out for a long time. I wonder if he'll retire for realz now....:(

Bobby Lashley could step in

Well they're ignoring Cro Cop's ban, so fuck it...

SuHD9.gif

The right fight is the main event now. Cro Cop vs Nelson wasn’t even main event material when they fought each other seven years ago.

Perfect opportunity to bring in Aleks Emelienenko to the fold. He just fought so he is fight ready and would be a compelling match up as Aleks has been on a renaissance as of late!

Back