miriam nakamoto knee injury

Laren Murphy said it was acl in the post fight press conference.. Ouch.. then her career maybe over.. 37 and ticking.
I dont really know how they can know that so shortly after the fight.. well, well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM2MZ9aw6NQ

Last edited:
Nakamoto was doing great untill the injury..props to Murphy to stay in the fight and even steal back momentum, but she was a couple of low kicks away from the TKO.
I can only wish a fast recovery to Miriam...such an interesting fighter. WMMA needs her.

no real highlights out of the fights (even JoJo's), giving everyone their money back again, some jackass nutritionist accusing Julia Budd of being on steroids... real tough night.

Well, the tiny tornado looked amazing and put some clips in her highlights reel... but yeah, tough night.

Anyone remember if it's the same leg as the previous blown ACL?

My favorite fighter and, despite her age, a fighter that has/had a bright future. It`s so sad to see the fight end like that. She was lighting up Murphy at will in the first two rounds and Murphy`s right leg looked friggin` painful. Murphy has a great 3rd round after she got Nakamoto down (which was when Nakamoto injured her leg). Who knows? But, probably, no leg injury = no takedown/or no more takedowns in the 4th = Miriam cruises to victory and becomes the champ. It was just a horrible twist of fate that she not only had the victory taken away but also had such a horrible injury. I hope she has a complete and reasonably quick recovery. I would love to see her in the cage again some day. :icon_cry2

Jarl

I've been a fan of Miriam ever since I saw her back in 2007 on Fight Girls. (Coincidentally Felice Herrig and Michelle Waterson were also in it, and Gina Carano was a coach/mentor.) I've waited all these years to watch her fight in MMA, and now this happens. If she doesn't come back, I honestly don't know if I'll have a reason to keep watching Invicta events.

That sucked big time.

I must said it was brave on her part that she still got up and wanted to continue fighting in the next round before noticing she couldn't continue.

Takes a lot of heart to want to to continue fighting despite the injury.

I hope he a speedy recover and I hope we get to see her soon in action in Invicta again.

Has their been any official word on her injury?

I dont know but that @pegson on twitter who works for invicta seems to think Nakamoto mentally quit and will be kick boxing in 3 months.

To be fair I think he is probably an idiot.

I dont know but that @pegson on twitter who works for invicta seems to think Nakamoto mentally quit and will be kick boxing in 3 months.

you have got to be fucking kidding me.

:mad: when Miriam gets back (and hopefully she does :icon_sad: ) they should let her get some free kicks on that piece of shit in the middle of the cage.. see if he "mentally quits".

you have got to be fucking kidding me.

:mad: when Miriam gets back (and hopefully she does :icon_sad: ) they should let her get some free kicks on that piece of shit in the middle of the cage.. see if he "mentally quits".

I've read alot of his tweets since he seems to be some sort of wmma insider. He seems very biased against Asians. Probably burnt him bad when Mizuki won.

Lol @ the tweet saying she mentally checked out. Her knee was clearly twisted the wrong way yet she insisted on coming out to the fourth round.

That's heart.

It's really really extremely unfortunate for her :icon_neut

*sad*

When a joint visibly 'tweaks' it's often something that was ailing the athlete before. Lauren Murphy rallied but Nakamoto likely hurt the knee in the 2nd...then slightly favored it.

I've read alot of his tweets since he seems to be some sort of wmma insider. He seems very biased against Asians. Probably burnt him bad when Mizuki won.

Yeah he quickly defended Hyatt, citing knee injury is why she lost and her need to fight injured because of her personal issues with her husband. He tends to flip flop a lot. I asked him what he thought about Evans-Smith/Fox and he said Evans-Smith, and every female that fights Fox should be banned by larger organizations. Evans-Smith beats Fox and now he's riding her tits.

Last edited:
Miriam Nakamoto ‏@MiriamNakamoto 2m
Good news: No collateral damage to my knee! MCL, PCL, meniscus, cartilage etc. Everybody's OK! Except the Bad news: My ACL is kaput. RIP :-(

Hope she can come back.

Update: She's going in for ACL reconstruction surgery today.

she also said it's her other knee to her previous.

I wonder if the reconstruction will use a cadaver and she'll be back throwing zombie knees
(always thought that would be kinda cool, not that I'd ever want to be in that position)

she also said it's her other knee to her previous.

I wonder if the reconstruction will use a cadaver and she'll be back throwing zombie knees
(always thought that would be kinda cool, not that I'd ever want to be in that position)

Highly unlikely. Since that study from West Point have shown that for ACL reconstruction, the failure rate with autograft (your own tissue) is only 12%, where as failure rate with allograft (donor tissues) is an astonishing 44%, not that many athletes want to risk being sidelined for two years instead of one.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/05/03/study-autograft-acl-repair-better-in-young-athletes/

Yep. Pretty clueless. Miriam Nakamoto won a Muay Thai tournament with legs bruised so badly the doctors said they might have to be amputated if she didn't stop. There is no quit.

I think Pegson is just one of Lauren Murphys best friends... and a bit crazy at that.

I really hope that Miriam can come back from this, such an exciting prospect and very cool lady to boot

Back