Miocic vs Jones is the only fight to make

Leave it to a whitebelt to chime in first and shut it down with the "economics" argument.

I'm talking from a fans point of view cause I assumed that's what most people posting on sherdog are. Is this a fucken business discussion forum now or what?

What the fuck is this, the money channel?

Good post TS. The bottom line is that other than a potential Lesnar fight, the biggest fight for Jones would be Stipe. Yeah, it wouldn't sell as many ppv' s as a fight against Lesnar would, but it would give Jones the chance to fight a guy in the top p4p rankings, become a multi division champ, and put the opinion to bed that he can't beat top heavyweights.
Honestly, he should try to do both. But this notion that Stipe doesn't sell enough ppv's is ridiculous. Who is Jones going to fight at light heavyweight that would draw more? Last time I checked, Jones wasn't exactly breaking records himself. Really, Stipe is the most psrestigious fight for him at the moment and does the most for his legacy, and should be pretty easy to promote. I'm fine with him rematching Gus, but after that I hope he moves up and at least challenges a top 5 fighter.

Gus deserves it

But rather see Miocic

Lesnar would be a massive spanner in the works

Back