Miocic vs Jones is the only fight to make

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It's also the most relevant fight in MMA, since the winner would solidify himself as the baddest man on the planet. Right now that title goes to Stipe by default because Jones is cutting weight to avoid fighting him.

But there are no real fresh contenders at HW right now, except maybe Cain but the guy cant go a week without injuring himself. The Nganou hype is a bit overboard, the guy hasn't beat a top fighter yet, and JDS will be a good start but I would say he needs one more good win after that to get a title shot.

At LHW it's even more dried up. I'm tired of people crying for the Jones/Gus rematch. I know it was a close fight, I was going for Gus too, and he definitely proved to be a difficult matchup, but even if they fight and Gus manages to win, that means we are stuck with a trilogy, and I'm sick of rematches, and rubber matches, and lame money fights.... seriously, Brock Lesnar? Fuck off!!

Stipe vs Jones is the only fight to make right now. You know Stipe is down, but of course it all comes down to whether Jones will finally step up and prove he can beat people his own size.

maxresdefault.jpg

Nah bad post, will never happen. Makes no sense for Jones since Stipe has a very small fan base, it wouldn't even do as big a numbers as the Gus fight.

Brock vs Jones is the fight to make.

Since we have to wait it will be Jones vs Gus 2

Stipe fights Ngannou or Cain next

Why the hell would Ngannou need another win after JDS? So that Cain can jump in with 1 win in 3.5 years? UFC pushing contenders past what's reasonable has been hurting.

It's also the most relevant fight in MMA, since the winner would solidify himself as the baddest man on the planet. Right now that title goes to Stipe by default because Jones is cutting weight to avoid fighting him.

But there are no real fresh contenders at HW right now, except maybe Cain but the guy cant go a week without injuring himself. The Nganou hype is a bit overboard, the guy hasn't beat a top fighter yet, and JDS will be a good start but I would say he needs one more good win after that to get a title shot.

At LHW it's even more dried up. I'm tired of people crying for the Jones/Gus rematch. I know it was a close fight, I was going for Gus too, and he definitely proved to be a difficult matchup, but even if they fight and Gus manages to win, that means we are stuck with a trilogy, and I'm sick of rematches, and rubber matches, and lame money fights.... seriously, Brock Lesnar? Fuck off!!

Stipe vs Jones is the only fight to make right now. You know Stipe is down, but of course it all comes down to whether Jones will finally step up and prove he can beat people his own size.

maxresdefault.jpg

Jones cuts so much weight yet he came in half a pound lighter than the 205 mark and has never even came close to missing weight. I swear the same people bitching about Connor moving up and getting an imediate title shot at lw are the same ones demanding jones get an immediate hw title shot…why not allow a tune up fight at hw???

Jones won't take the fight, to risky for him and he won't even make bank in the process.

But it's for the HW belt that's the only thing that can bait him in.

It's the fight that I'm most interested in watching. It would be incredible and I do think lots of fans would like it.

Nah bad post, will never happen. Makes no sense for Jones since Stipe has a very small fan base, it wouldn't even do as big a numbers as the Gus fight.

Leave it to a whitebelt to chime in first and shut it down with the "economics" argument.

I'm talking from a fans point of view cause I assumed that's what most people posting on sherdog are. Is this a fucken business discussion forum now or what?

Jones cuts so much weight yet he came in half a pound lighter than the 205 mark and has never even came close to missing weight. I swear the same people bitching about Connor moving up and getting an imediate title shot at lw are the same ones demanding jones get an immediate hw title shot…why not allow a tune up fight at hw???

Cutting much weight has nothing to do with missing weight.

Study (something you've probably never done) and you'll find out that people who miss weight either have health issues or they are not professional enough or they didn't hire the right people (like Dolce and similar).

Jones cut so much weight he would be big as a HW without cutting. But he has the best gym behind him, so he will never miss weight.

I didn't say he cuts "so much", but he definitely cuts, while Stipe doesn't.

I guess that's MMA today, if you're actually walking around at 205, you're probably cutting to WW, but it's lame. Back in the good days guys like Cro Cop and Randy were walking around at like 210-215 and fighting HW monsters and no one made a big deal about it. Now if Cyborg is 5 lbs heavier than her opponent, her win almost doesn't count lol.

Jones cut so much weight he would be big as a HW without cutting. But he has the best gym behind him, so he will never miss weight.

This is simply not true.

Jones makes weight with ease because he has bird legs. That is genetically determined. We've seen him on the scale over a month out from a fight, he's not a particularly big guy at 205, so much as he is tall. Without doubt some of his peers cut far more weight then he does, both in their camp diet and water cut week off.

He would need to put on some substantial amount of muscle if he were to move up to heavyweight.

12_Jones_Evans-07.jpg

Leave it to a whitebelt to chime in first and shut it down with the "economics" argument.

I'm talking from a fans point of view cause I assumed that's what most people posting on sherdog are. Is this a fucken business discussion forum now or what?
He must listen to best for business Brandon Schwab too much. A stipe fight very likely ends badly for Jones

Cutting much weight has nothing to do with missing weight.

Study (something you've probably never done) and you'll find out that people who miss weight either have health issues or they are not professional enough or they didn't hire the right people (like Dolce and similar).

You do realize that if you weigh 207 you're a hw.

I think you could sell it as Jones' run for a two-division championship.

Jones was eating icecream and pancakes the WEEK before the Cormier fight and still came in under! The guy hasn't struggled a day making 205...........

Volkan vs gus makes the most sense. Winner gets jones. Id prefer jones to beat volkan then rematch jones just to shut up his haters. Then move to HW

It's not gonna happen. The heavyweight division needs a spark and maybe it's Bork Laser and Bones that provides it, along with Ngannou starching everyone. Jones himself has said he's after a money fight and unless I've missed it somewhere he's never iterated a desire to chase the UFC Heavyweight title. It doesn't sound like the belt is a priority at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back