Minneapolis PD: “Psych Evals Are Racist.”

Says psych evals are racist and they're getting rid of them. Will probably hire more unstable officers who will disproportionately kill and maim blacks and browns as a result. Ah, the bitter taste of unexpected consequences.

Isn't psychology already racist towards the Irish anyways? That's what Matt Damon told me.

I think you are wrong on this one. They are dropping the psych eval as racist so more people of color can get on the department

i wonder how accurate psych evals are when the subject is sitting calm at a table.

There’s been a lot of talk from the city council about needing to hire more Somali officers. This, as well as the cop who was just let off due to “no evidence”, is the end result of that push. Minneapolis, as a city, has a problem with hiring its’ police officers. They have lower standards and requirements than the entire rest of the state.

I think you are wrong on this one. They are dropping the psych eval as racist so more people of color can get on the department
I know that, I just think it will work both ways. ;)

i hope the argument isn't they are racist due to semantics/language like the SAT...

b/c nobody, not even white people, speaks in the manner those exams are constructed in

well maybe JVS and Madmick, but that's about it
real life isn't Dawson's Creek

Minnesota is known for its Scandinavian/Swedish population.

It's getting hard to believe that certain ethnic groups aren't doomed to behave one way when these people are separated geographically and have different cultures but are pulling off the same cuck shit

Says psych evals are racist and they're getting rid of them. Will probably hire more unstable officers who will disproportionately kill and maim blacks and browns as a result. Ah, the bitter taste of unexpected consequences.

Twice as many whites are killed.
Blacks commit crimes, especially violent ones, grossly disproportionately.

Twice as many whites are killed.
Blacks commit crimes, especially violent ones, grossly disproportionately.
I understand that. I still made the point I was trying to make in my first post. ;)

Interestingly, the secondary link in the article indicates that the rejected officers who spoke with the department were all white.

“It is something we have concerns about and we’re looking into it,” he said, while adding that race wasn’t necessarily a factor since the handful of rejected candidates he spoke to all were white.
http://www.startribune.com/frustrat...ce-psychological-screening-process/410036165/

Sounds like the problem is that they don't understand how test is rejecting anyone, not just the minority candidates. But of course, the minority complaint is going to be the element that some people will fixate on.

common sense right?

don't you just love how these low IQ shitlib shills in this forum half assedly try to twist the narrative of a story to fit their sissy agenda?

@Jackie Blue

I think they should get rid of psych evals. If you have a recorded mental illness, they will find that out during your background investigation and polygraph test anyway. I honestly think psych evals is a tool for police agencies to CYA (cover your ass), not as a tool to weed out the crazies.

One of the premier law enforcement agencies in the country is United States Marshall Service and they don't have psych evals for their agents. I believe ICE and CBP also don't have psych evals.

i hope the argument isn't they are racist due to semantics/language like the SAT...

b/c nobody, not even white people, speaks in the manner those exams are constructed in

well maybe JVS and Madmick, but that's about it
real life isn't Dawson's Creek

So in other words, the tests aren't racist.

Back