Mini snes vs mini Nes

I have both. The SNES games hold up much better.

I've got both and there ain't anything that's going to make me choose one over the other

I only partially agree with this statement. I may not play my classics on a daily or weekly basis, but they’re easy to just plug and play on a whim whenever I feel like it. I had some buddies over on Saturday night to watch the fights and afterward I hooked up my SNES so we could play Street Fighter for a bit followed by my NES to play some Ninja Turtles II.
should have busted out Turtles in Time

It’s super easy. Just need to get roms for the games you want to add, download the program hakchi2, then plug your mini into a USB slot on your computer and follow these instructions.

Found this thread searching.

Does the mini NES come with Tetris? Or would I have to do the mod?

I only want to play Tetris and Galaga.

Found this thread searching.

Does the mini NES come with Tetris? Or would I have to do the mod?

I only want to play Tetris and Galaga.

I don’t think it came with Tetris, I think it’s “Tetris-like” game included was Dr. Mario. But hacking it’s easy if you wanted to add that.

I don’t think it came with Tetris, I think it’s “Tetris-like” game included was Dr. Mario. But hacking it’s easy if you wanted to add that.
Thanks, I didnt see Tetris on the included games list and was curious.
Can’t beleive they didn’t include it.

Now I have to decide if I want to get one and hack it or get an original and and a Tetris cartridge.

Thanks, I didnt see Tetris on the included games list and was curious.
Can’t beleive they didn’t include it.

Now I have to decide if I want to get one and hack it or get an original and and a Tetris cartridge.

I would just hack it personally, but I like how compact the classic is. I’m not a collector so I don’t give a shit if I’ve got a physical cartridge or not taking up space. I also think there’s less risk of the Classic crapping our that a 30 year old console or cartridge but who knows, maybe the NES classic is lemon that will just spontaneously die after less than three years.

I've got both. Nice for nostalgia.

I want to get the Genesis (for MK) but really don't have time to play and space to put it.

The PS doesn't do anything for me at all.. I only want to play the SF puzzle game (the name of which escapes me right now)

I'd only get the NES for Kirby and Mario 3 (I don't think Mario All Stars is on the SNES).

I want to get the Genesis (for MK) but really don't have time to play and space to put it.
Don't bother. It's garbage (made by AT Games).

I'd only get the NES for Kirby and Mario 3 (I don't think Mario All Stars is on the SNES).

Don't bother. It's garbage (made by AT Games).

I just want to play old skool MK again. Sub-Zero, forward, down, forward, LP FATALITY!

I'm going to get the SNES for my 4 year old. Zelda, Super Mario Bros, Super Mario RPG, can beat his ass at Mario Kart.

Plus being able to add in other Snes games, N64, etc? Sold.

I'm going to get the SNES for my 4 year old. Zelda, Super Mario Bros, Super Mario RPG, can beat his ass at Mario Kart.

Plus being able to add in other Snes games, N64, etc? Sold.

N64 Games don’t work all that well. Mario, Starfox, Mario Kart, Banjo 1, and Oot all work but you’ll need to apply some fixes; there’s good guides on YouTube. Goldeneye probably won’t ever run well on it.

A lot of PlayStation games run really well on it though. It can even do GBA and DS so long as you don’t need the touch screen.

NES Classic Mini, because at least it has a Beat 'Em Up. I'm still mad about them not including one on the SNES Classic Mini.

Just hack it. I added the Final Fight games and Super Double Dragon to my SNES mini.
Nah, i'm not modifying official products. I might as well just play it on an emulator if i don't care about dat Nintendo endorsement. I can also just play the real cartridges on my Retron 5 if i want them in HD.

What is best to buy? And why? I want some retro gaming and childhood memories.

I grew up during the 8 and 16 bit periode.

nintendo_mini_snes_-_super_nintendo_classic_edition_2.jpg

nintendo-classic-nes-mini.jpg
Use emulators and USB controllers. Much cheaper and you can get any game you want.

I got the ps classic super cheap and actually love it. I'd highly recommend it.

The PS Classic reddit is updated constantly with cool shit and Bleemsync 1.0 is coming out this week.

I got the ps classic super cheap and actually love it. I'd highly recommend it.

The PS Classic reddit is updated constantly with cool shit and Bleemsync 1.0 is coming out this week.
{<doc}

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back