Mini snes vs mini Nes

I may have played an NES first but my first system was the SNES and I played DKC and Yoshi's Island a lot as a kid. NES games do nothing for me, there isn't a game on the system that wasn't done better on the SNES, not to mention they are incredibly short experiences with little variety. The SNES was an amazing system with a lot of solid art and plenty of depth, a lot of the great games haven't aged a bit.

And speaking of aging, the PS1 looks ancient and crude. It may sell ok, but no one is going to buy it to play.

I got a snes mini when they came out, hacked it and downloaded all my old favs as well as all the other top rated games and have still not played it at all but to be fair I dont even play the ps4 anymore either.

What is best to buy? And why? I want some retro gaming and childhood memories.

I grew up during the 8 and 16 bit periode.

nintendo_mini_snes_-_super_nintendo_classic_edition_2.jpg

nintendo-classic-nes-mini.jpg
If you got the Cash both

but if you had to choose get the SNES

SNES was my favorite as a kid plus they got some good ass games that will keep you happy on a rainy day for a while like my favorite street fighter 2 turbo, super punch out, earthbound, Legenda of zelda, mario world, mario kart, etc.

What games are on the SNES Mini?
There's 21 games in total on the SNES Mini, they are:

• Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the past
  • F-Zero
  • Super Metroid
  • Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
  • Super Punch-Out!!
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Mega Man X
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Final Fantasy III
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Star Fox
  • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Contra III The Alien Wars
  • Secret of Mana
  • EarthBound
  • Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
  • Star Fox 2 (which was, until now, unreleased)

Y’all crazy saying you don’t play your SNES mini. I have a bunch of retro consoles and still play them regularly.

Funnily enough, I currently have my PS1 hooked up. I had a need to play Ford truck racing LOL.

I prefer SNES, but Super Mario Bros in the NES is the best game of all time.

Y’all crazy saying you don’t play your SNES mini. I have a bunch of retro consoles and still play them regularly.

Funnily enough, I currently have my PS1 hooked up. I had a need to play Ford truck racing LOL.
Maybe they beat all the games already? I love the snes but only certain games

I have the mini preloaded mega drive/genesis, me and my young nephew have had some good fun with it.
I downloaded some Emus back in the day and replayed all my favorite RPG from my childtime like Phantasy Star, Shining Force etc. I guess Sonic & Knuckles is still fun in multiplayer and was allways wayyyy better than Mario imo.

Whatever youll choose, you'll be done playing it in less than a month.

Not true, I'm still paying it. I don't have time for rpg but I beat Super Ghouls and ghosts, Donkey kong country. Super contra will be next. Also play SF2 turbo and Super punch out

I downloaded some Emus back in the day and replayed all my favorite RPG from my childtime like Phantasy Star, Shining Force etc. I guess Sonic & Knuckles is still fun in multiplayer and was allways wayyyy better than Mario imo.
Sonic,tails, knuckles, 3 Mortal Kombats and a game I'd never played before, "Ristar" and one or two others.

Not true, I'm still paying it. I don't have time for rpg but I beat Super Ghouls and ghosts, Donkey kong country. Super contra will be next. Also play SF2 turbo and Super punch out
You beat super ghouls n ghosts?! Son, no wonder youre still playing this thing. You have patience!

Maybe they beat all the games already? I love the snes but only certain games

I only got 3 quarters through secret of mana and stopped. A GOAT Rpg but time is fleeting. My backlog for my XBONE is too yuge.

I only partially agree with this statement. I may not play my classics on a daily or weekly basis, but they’re easy to just plug and play on a whim whenever I feel like it. I had some buddies over on Saturday night to watch the fights and afterward I hooked up my SNES so we could play Street Fighter for a bit followed by my NES to play some Ninja Turtles II.

I only partially agree with this statement. I may not play my classics on a daily or weekly basis, but they’re easy to just plug and play on a whim whenever I feel like it. I had some buddies over on Saturday night to watch the fights and afterward I hooked up my SNES so we could play Street Fighter for a bit followed by my NES to play some Ninja Turtles II.

Most people dont have time to play every day, if I had an Snes classic id probably just play when im sick and off from work or its a rainy day with nothing else to do.

I like playing Madden though, thats the one game im addicted

So you feel any game that you eventually stop playing or revisit every once in a while is a waste of money?

I guess so.

Tbh I do love replaying the same games over and over lol.
Me too. I mastered the fuck out of super punch out. Knew all the counters too.

Buuuut i guess its just run its course. I used to love beating Lifeforce and Contra way before super punch out and even that fizzled out.

Id be into a tg16 retro pack. But i require all the games, not just a few.

God damn, i gotta get on that tg 16 emulator train..

Back