Minakov vs Kongo 2 or Minakov vs Sergei? For the #1 contender spot

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Imo Bellator should book Vitaly minakov vs either Kongo or Sergei at the January 16th event for the number 1 contender spot. Apparently that's the deal they made with Ali abdel aziz, 1 fight and after that, the title fight. Do you think after tonights performance Kongo deserves the fight or an old out Russian war vs Kharitonov. .?

Imo Bellator should book Vitaly minakov vs either Kongo or Sergei at the January 16th event for the number 1 contender spot. Apparently that's the deal they made with Ali abdel aziz, 1 fight and after that, the title fight. Do you think after tonights performance Kongo deserves the fight or an old out Russian war vs Kharitonov. .?

Kharitonov vs Kongo.

Minakov fought Kongo and Volkov ages ago. He already forgot how to fight decent competition.
Remind him by fighting Mitrione first...

Why not let my fav fighter ever Sergei Kharitonov knock my fellow frenchman Kongo out of his winning streak ?
I certainly would be pleased to see that !!!

Then Sergei against winner of the GP.
And Minakov vs Mitrione then Minakov vs the winner of the title match..

Kharitonov vs Kongo.

Minakov fought Kongo and Volkov ages ago. He already forgot how to fight decent competition.
Remind him by fighting Mitrione first...
I like those 2 matches. I dont want Minakov and Kharitonov to eliminate each other

I want to see Sonnen vs Minakov

Should be Minakov vs Kongo by virtue of Minakov being the pre-Legends era Bellator Heavyweight champion and TRT-Kongo KOing a ranked UFC guy.

Y'all should be praying Fedor loses to Bader because he has already said that he won't fighter a fellow Russian.

Don't worry, Minakov eliminated himself a long time ago...

Minakov is facing the winner of the gp for the strap he never lost.

Kongo and kharitonov can bang it out for #1 contender after minakov.

Y'all should be praying Fedor loses to Bader because he has already said that he won't fighter a fellow Russian.

So what? He can just fight Kongo then who's on a huge win streak in Bellator.

HW is thin as it is...they each should get a shot at the new minted champ. The guys who lose their title shot can battle it out later.

I'd like to see him against Kharitonov next for a number 1 contender spot for the title. If not, I think he should just get first shot at the belt.

Other good fights for him are Kongo and Mitrione as mentioned. Even Chael, Rampage, Lashley, or Ayala would be good fights for him coming back.

There are a lot of interesting fights for him at HW.

HW is thin as it is...they each should get a shot at the new minted champ. The guys who lose their title shot can battle it out later.

No it's not thin. Bellator has a solid HW roster. Their top 10 HWs are shown below:

Vitaly Minakov (Bellator)
Cheick Kongo (Bellator)
Ryan Bader (Bellator)
Fedor Emelianenko (Bellator)
Sergei Kharitonov (Bellator)
Matt Mitrione (Bellator)
Roy Nelson (Bellator)
Javy Ayala (Bellator)
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
Chael Sonnen

Bobby Lashely (signed to WWE)

Both Kharitonov and Kongo put on a great show this weekend. Kongo had been boring for a while but in his last 2 he put out Ayala and Johnson in the first round. The Ayala win was impressive. And Kharitonov boxing up Nelson was impressive as well. These two guys both deserve a shot.

Since the tournament winner won't be known until January, these two guys might as well fight to be the next one to challenge for the title. Either one deserves it as much as anyone in the tournament. I'd also like the see Rampage vs Mitrione since both want to stand and trade and hate the ground.

No it's not thin. Bellator has a solid HW roster. Their top 10 HWs are shown below:

Cheick Kongo (Bellator)
Ryan Bader (Bellator)
Matt Mitrione (Bellator)
Roy Nelson (Bellator)
Javy Ayala (Bellator)
Chael Sonnen

I'm WAY more interested in Bellator's HW division than the UFC's. Besides Cormier (who is retiring in 5 months) and Miocic, no one in the ufc really matters to me.

I'm WAY more interested in Bellator's HW division than the UFC's. Besides Cormier (who is retiring in 5 months) and Miocic, no one in the ufc really matters to me.

I like the Bellator roster as well. I think they would fair well in a head-to-head battle against UFC HWs. At a minimum, I think they would shock many people with the success they had like the SF fighters had.

Both Kharitonov and Kongo put on a great show this weekend. Kongo had been boring for a while but in his last 2 he put out Ayala and Johnson in the first round. The Ayala win was impressive. And Kharitonov boxing up Nelson was impressive as well. These two guys both deserve a shot.

Since the tournament winner won't be known until January, these two guys might as well fight to be the next one to challenge for the title. Either one deserves it as much as anyone in the tournament. I'd also like the see Rampage vs Mitrione since both want to stand and trade and hate the ground.

Makes sense to me. I'd like to see those fights as well.

Cheick Kongo (Bellator)
Ryan Bader (Bellator)
Matt Mitrione (Bellator)
Roy Nelson (Bellator)
Javy Ayala (Bellator)
Chael Sonnen

Also: