Minakov Returns

WarriorPoet1

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Tapology has the Co Main event for Bellator 216 Mvp Vs Daley listed as Vitaly Minakov vs Cheick Kongo

Wow I forgot that Kongo already beat Volkov. He's done well since leaving the UFC. Hopefully he beats Minakovs ass this time.

Someone he already beat... in a 5 round fight.

33 years old and his career is going nowhere.

Maybe Kongo can crack his spotty defence now that he's angry and lets his hands go. Doubt it though.

Not surprising that Daley and minakov are on the same card. First 2 Ali abdel aziz clients working with Bellator in a lot of years. (Both of them recently signed with him)

Hope the rematch is better.

The first one was a snoozer

Good fight on paper though.

I fell asleep during their first fight. Rich Chou needs to be fired.

Minakov should be able to beat TRT Kongo but....

It's Cheick Kongo. You never know with that guy.

All I remember from the first fight is Minakov low-blowing Kongo and then acknowledging it in the post-fight interview, saying he did it on purpose since Kongo is so notorious for them.

I mean its the fight that makes the most sense for next contender but its like the last fight anyone really wants to see. Not a rematch anyone was calling for.

I fell asleep during their first fight. Rich Chou needs to be fired.

Yeah its not a fight anyone wants to see again but Kongo not being in the tournament was a joke and he deserves a shot, Minakov was champ who never lost. So it makes sense its just not a fight anyone wants.

Yeah its not a fight anyone wants to see again but Kongo not being in the tournament was a joke and he deserves a shot, Minakov was champ who never lost. So it makes sense its just not a fight anyone wants.

It's just an easy fight for Minakovs return. Kongo has nothing for him

It's just an easy fight for Minakovs return. Kongo has nothing for him

Was 48-46 across the board on basically every scorecard the first time, and not exciting. Way easier and more exciting showcase fights were available. Kongo could pull off the upset, but Minakov is the rightful favorite.

Good to see Minakov fight again. He is too much for Kongo.. Minakov is very skilled everywhere, his striking, wrestling and BJJ game are all very solid, which is so rare for HW, most of them have 1 very good aspect only. Thats why Minankov will be a very hard guy to beat

so basically in took them almost 5 years to book an instant rematch. great job, Bellator.

so basically in took them almost 5 years to book an instant rematch. great job, Bellator.
Man so negative they have a top 5 hw who’s undefeated and really is there champ Kongo is number one contender u guys complain bellator books wacky fights but still complain when they have top contenders face didn’t Cain beat up big foot twice werdum vs multiple ppl minakov will beat any hw in bellator he beat volkov I think he could def work Lewis. If ur Kongo u got to get a chance at title fight. I would of loved kharitov mitrione after minakov wins belt bader for belt kharitov mitrione great fights down line. Even Barnett if they sign him or mir great guys for minakov too beat up.

Man so negative they have a top 5 hw who’s undefeated and really is there champ Kongo is number one contender u guys complain bellator books wacky fights but still complain when they have top contenders face didn’t Cain beat up big foot twice werdum vs multiple ppl minakov will beat any hw in bellator he beat volkov I think he could def work Lewis. If ur Kongo u got to get a chance at title fight. I would of loved kharitov mitrione after minakov wins belt bader for belt kharitov mitrione great fights down line. Even Barnett if they sign him or mir great guys for minakov too beat up.
i'm not complaining. but it is a very weird matchmaking. just like you said Kongo doesn't need to face another dangerous opponent, he is a #1 contender and should absolutely fight for the title next. while you can give Minakov someone fresh and interesting. there is a plenty of options - Kharitonov (been discussed for a while now, both seemed interested), Cro Cop (to keep Bellator vs Rizin trend), Mir/Ayala winner, even Timothy Johnson.

Seems like a fight to keep these guys busy while the winner faces the GP winner.

Im cool with that.

Back