Minakov re-signs with Bellator

bellator got chandler and minakov, and UFC got CM punk. i like where this is going.

Shame they couldnt come to terms before the GP...

Him and Chandler would rather be in Bellator than UFC it looks like.
you make more money in bellator, why would you waste your time in the ufc with their shenanigans

if the plan is to have him fight once than the GP winner does he face the winner of Roy/Sergei as Roy is the Alternate

Why would any big-name guy sign with the UFC these days?

"Hey Vitaly, wanna turn down a bigger payday and get paid peanuts for the privilege of working your way up the UFC rankings? Also you will have to wait on the sidelines every so often when we decide to do our WWE-style PR stunt matchmaking. And some clowns from USADA, who surely have no vendetta against Russia, will be tailing you 24/7. Sounds good right?"
yes, if you're a potential draw you make more money with your contract, no reebok, no USADA, and who the fuck knows if even if you get 5 top 5 wins in a row you will get the titleshot? there's always some bs in the ufc these days. the LW title wasn't defended for like 2 years, HW title now you have a freakshow fight going on, LHW we don't know what will happen, at BW cody received a bs rematch..... unless you're like dead sure you're gonna be champ and get that championship money, it's not worth it going to the ufc

Minakov is the best HW in MMA, you will all see.. he will blow through guys like Mitrione and Mir and Nelson what the other HW's they got, he will embarrass them. They are all easy meat for him. He would blow through all the part time fighters and old age pensioners in UFC HW division too.

Cormier is awesome, I really rate Cormier, that fight could go either way, I am unsure. But anyone else in Bellator and UFC Minakov beats in my opinion

Another great signing by bellator.

Soon they will be equal in talent to the ufc if they keep this up.

Not even close.

Taking top 25 rankings for all divs except womens 145 which is top 15.

UFC has 192 out of 290 ranked fighters.

For Bellators divs they have 41 out of 215.

This doesnt include prospects and depth of divs but its not even close. They'd have to sign so many more top guys and build their roster up by a few hundred fighters to be on even ground with UFC.

Fuck. I'd like to see him against Stipe, JDS and Blaydes. It'll still be fun to see him beat up Roy for 3 rounds.

DJ Linderman knocked him silly. Seriously he'll probably go into Bellator and get knocked out by Nelson or Ayala.

Not even close.

Taking top 25 rankings for all divs except womens 145 which is top 15.

UFC has 192 out of 290 ranked fighters.

For Bellators divs they have 41 out of 215.

This doesnt include prospects and depth of divs but its not even close. They'd have to sign so many more top guys and build their roster up by a few hundred fighters to be on even ground with UFC.
While you might be right statistically, It’s just my hope in reality and also there is an argument to be made concerning fan perception.

Strikeforce was well on its way to becoming an equal to the ufc (here on sherdog) before it was bought out, but it didn’t have more top 10 fighters technically. It was well on its way to becoming an equal despite this.

Anyways at the rate the ufc is letting go good fighters while not signing other great fighters, things might change, perhaps not soon as I stated but further down the line.

DJ Linderman knocked him silly. Seriously he'll probably go into Bellator and get knocked out by Nelson or Ayala.
Well hopefully it's a crazy fight before someone goes to sleep.

Minakov is the best HW in MMA, you will all see.. he will blow through guys like Mitrione and Mir and Nelson what the other HW's they got, he will embarrass them. They are all easy meat for him. He would blow through all the part time fighters and old age pensioners in UFC HW division too.

Cormier is awesome, I really rate Cormier, that fight could go either way, I am unsure. But anyone else in Bellator and UFC Minakov beats in my opinion

I'm not so sure about that.

He's a good fighter, don't get me wrong, but he was almost KO'd twice by journeyman DJ Linderman not too long ago.

Back