Minakov on him/Bellator/UFC situation

DDx2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

- not ignoring or boycotting Bellator. would gladly fight there
- at the beginning of this whole situation reason not to defend his title was injury
- made only around 18k in fight with Volkov and slightly more than 20k with Kongo. now wants to get paid at least equally to his opponents
- Bellator themself were trying to make the contact with him through his manager
- contract he liked were eventually offered to him and he almost signed it. supposed to be title defense in july 2016. but Bellator demanded to cancel Peter Graham fight in St. Petersburg which he can't because it was already announced and he can't miss the opportunity to fight same night as Fedor. admits that it's his fault that nothing worked out, thinks that decision to strip him was right
- had a personal meeting with Coker in US after that. good talk both liked eachother. but then that thing came out (100% BS, never said anything like that) and ruined his relationship with Scott and Viacom
- currently has no official manager, looking for one
- in 2016 he was offered a spot in HW Grand Prix and it supposed to take place a year earlier but signing Fedor delayed it
- Bellator has wierd contract system: everytime you successfully defend your title it automatically prolongs your contact for four more fights. he signed new four fight deal before Kongo so now it's seven fights left
- late Kimbo Slice were making 500k per fight in Bellator
- would sign that 2016 deal if it will be offered again
- never had any contact with the UFC but knows they are interested
- Ngannou has really good chances of winning a title
- dream opponent - Brock Lesnar

Some good stuff here. Hopefully Bellator pays him his cash and he gets to fight. Knowing Bellator nowadays, they’ll find a way to fuck it up tho! He’s 21-0, can’t get much more marketable than that.

that doesnt sound right about the 4 more fights everytime you defend the title.

I'm guessing its a one time thing like UFC champ clause, win belt champ clause kicks in for 3 fights.

There is no way Bellator can extend your deal 4 fights everytime you defend your belt. Nobody would ever take a Bellator title fight. You win and defend the belt twice Bellaotr would own you for the rest of your life.

Still dont get why Bellator doesnt just release him. He isnt a big name thats gonna help UFC financially. Not same thing but UFC let guys like Rampage, Sonnen, Wandy, Mir go, real names who are the only draws Bellator has right now. UFC could have held them, waited out suspensions and then just kept them and if they didnt want to fight oh well. UFC let them go to Bellator.

At this point it doesnt look like Bellator is ever gonna let him go so either he never fights any legit real HW or he goes back to Bellator.

WOuld rather see him vs Meathead and bloated LHW in Bellator than fighting in Russia vs Big FOot SIlva and shit.

give him that 2016 deal, he just said he would sign it, there you go.

I wonder how much he makes with Fight Nights.

We need to spam scott Coker on twitter and get him to make Minakov a good offer. Could easily build him into a star like Fedor currently is.

that doesnt sound right about the 4 more fights everytime you defend the title.

I'm guessing its a one time thing like UFC champ clause, win belt champ clause kicks in for 3 fights.

There is no way Bellator can extend your deal 4 fights everytime you defend your belt. Nobody would ever take a Bellator title fight. You win and defend the belt twice Bellaotr would own you for the rest of your life.
his exact words were "if you becoming a champion, it prolongs your contract for four fights. four more, if you defend it."

I wonder how much he makes with Fight Nights.

We need to spam scott Coker on twitter and get him to make Minakov a good offer. Could easily build him into a star like Fedor currently is.
Yeah.

Winner of the tournament should fight Minakov for the title.

his exact words were "if you becoming a champion, it prolongs your contract for four fights. four more, if you defend it."
So... Migthy Mouse would have a 44 fights deal with Bellator LOL

Time to put money down on GP alternate winning it all. I feel a Minakov replacement in the 2nd round coming!!

If Minakov entered the HW GP he would win it hands down, no question about it in my mind, he beats any of the guys in it. I have said for ages that I think Minakov is the best HW in MMA, its not Stipe or Ngannou or whoever else, but Minakov is the best for me. He has good striking, very good grappling, great subs, and he has a very good chin. Minakov has that cold look in his eyes too..I reckon he would be a very very hard guy to beat.

less than 20k for the HW title.... coker is a piece of shit.

That's pre-coker deal. Scott started with strikeforce which was bought by the UFC. After his non compete expired Viacom hired him to replace Bjorn rebney, who founded bellator and whose dad is Jack rebney, a celebrity in his own. Later Bjorn attempted to start a type of fighters union with many big name fighters.

If Minakov entered the HW GP he would win it hands down, no question about it in my mind, he beats any of the guys in it. I have said for ages that I think Minakov is the best HW in MMA, its not Stipe or Ngannou or whoever else, but Minakov is the best for me. He has good striking, very good grappling, great subs, and he has a very good chin. Minakov has that cold look in his eyes too..I reckon he would be a very very hard guy to beat.

I like Minakov and would love to see him in the UFC, but let's not get crazy here. What are you basing this on? His wins over Volkov, Kongo, and Bigfoot??

Likw @mime said, the deal was made before scott got involved. Back then Bellator didnt have the funds to pay their athletes alot of money. Minakov isnt exactly a marketable fighter either altho i really like him and think he is a top 5 HW.

Honestly would love to see him in UFC.

Nothing left to do in Bellator.

21-0, 32 years old HW is just way too valuable in modern HW scene.

Thanks for the update.

Hopefully we'll see him fight some top level competition in 2018.

I
Sorry but beating Volkov, Kongo, and a shell of Bigfoot isnt enough to determine someone as the best HW in the world. Im a fan of Minakov but lets not get crazy.

- Bellator has wierd contract system: everytime you successfully defend your title it automatically prolongs your contact for four more fights. he signed new four fight deal before Kongo so now it's seven fights left

That's some predatory shit. <{clintugh}>

I hate when good careers go to waste

Back