Minakov In Talks To Return To Bellator After 4 Years

Are you high? Minakov the best HW in the world and Bellator's HW div > UFC's? LOL
Yup Minakov is the best HW in MMA, he would make fools of the part time fighters and old age pensioners in UFC HW divison. Its absoutley garbage and he would beat all of them. Cormier is awesome!! I love Cormier, that would be a hard fight, but anyone else in UFC he beats.

Yup Minakov is the best HW in MMA, he would make fools of the part time fighters and old age pensioners in UFC HW divison. Its absoutley garbage and he would beat all of them. Cormier is awesome!! I love Cormier, that would be a hard fight, but anyone else in UFC he beats.
idk about that. stipe, dc, blaydes and francis are all tough fights for him. maybe even hunt if he cant get hunt on the ground. lot of tough fights for him in ufc

Are you high? Minakov the best HW in the world and Bellator's HW div > UFC's? LOL
Not so sure about Minakov being the best HW but he has that undefeated aura so there is always a question mark.

Also Stipe was Knocked Out in the 1rst and after DC-Brock shitfest UFC HW title will be vacant and a lot of people will not consider it legit (specially if Miocic re gains it).

Not so sure about Minakov being the best HW but he has that undefeated aura so there is always a question mark.

Also Stipe was Knocked Out in the 1rst and after DC-Brock shitfest UFC HW title will be vacant and a lot of people will not consider it legit (specially if Miocic re gains it).
if brock wins it it is a joke lol

if dc retains no big deal.

This is the best HW in mma's recent wins

Tony Johnson
BIg Foot Silva
DJ Linderman
Peter Graham
Josh COpland
Geronimo dos Santos

You know what you dont see, a single top 30 HW.

Not legit? Are Tyron, Max, Whittaker not looked at as legit champs?

If DC beats Brock and leaves then Stipe, Ngannou, Blaydes etc will fight for hte belt and the div moves on.

Also I dont think DC leaves if he beats Brock cause I think Jones will end up coming back and they'll fight for the title.

Not legit? Are Tyron, Max, Whittaker not looked at as legit champs?

If DC beats Brock and leaves then Stipe, Ngannou, Blaydes etc will fight for hte belt and the div moves on.

Also I dont think DC leaves if he beats Brock cause I think Jones will end up coming back and they'll fight for the title.
Tyron knocked Lawler in the first.
Max has been winning since forever and finished Aldo twice.
Whittaker cleaned the division before even getting his title.

I agree UFC HW division is still good.. but it looks bad if a guy gets finished in the first by the LHW champion and wins the title a the next fight against a contender. Likely scenario is Stipe ends up fighting Blaydes/Ngannou winner for the title in 2019.

if brock wins it it is a joke lol

if dc retains no big deal.
Thing is that DC is retiring after that fight.

I agree UFC HW division is still good.. but it looks bad if a guy gets finished in the first by the LHW champion and wins the title a the next fight against a contender. Likely scenario is Stipe ends up fighting Blaydes/Ngannou winner for the title in 2019.

yeah and? whats wrong with retiring with the belt? you got stipe, blaydes, volkov etc.

those guys are top guys that can fight for the belt

Why does that look bad? DC is one of teh best fighters ever. If Jon Jones didnt come into MMA we'd be talking about DC as the GOAT right now most likely.

He's also a former HW who has beaten the likes of Nelson, barnett, Mir, Big Foot when he mattered and now Stipe. So saying it like oh he lost to LHW champ like its some insult, its not.

And Stipe has beaten just about every HW there is. If DC beats Brock and leaves and Stipe fights Volkov or Blaydes and wins back the title I dont see how that diminishes it at all.

Just like other titles I mentioned, GSP vacated two belts, Conor stripped of FW belt. The divs move on.

Yes Stipe being a gatekeeper and then becoming champ really didnt sit right with me. When Cormier moved up and KOed Stipe I knew the HW division was terrible.

Minakov very well may be the best HW in the world but I dont think it means much these days

Minakov had no problem entering Bellator's Heavyweight Tournament. He had no problem cashing that Bellator Heavyweight Tournament Winner's check. He had no problem fighting Alexander Volkov for the Bellator Heavyweight Title. He even didn't have any problem defending that title against Cheick Kongo. But he thought that one win over Cheick Kongo would allow him to play hardball with Bellator over his contract. Too bad, so sad for him. He should have fought out his contract and been done with Bellator. Give him Bobby Lashley so we can see Minakov get dominated in the Bellator cage.

15-2 and 5-0. In Bellator with all finishes and he publicly asked Scott Coker to put him in tougher fights that would lead to earning a Bellator Heavyweight title shot. Well, fighting Minakov would qualify as having a tougher fight and my opinion, and your not going to change it, is Bobby Lashley would take Minakov down and beat him down. You know what I'm talking about.

If Cro Cop can get healthy, this is who should he should be matched up against in his return to Bellator.

Yes Stipe being a gatekeeper and then becoming champ really didnt sit right with me. When Cormier moved up and KOed Stipe I knew the HW division was terrible.

Minakov very well may be the best HW in the world but I dont think it means much these days

Are you saying Cormier isn't good at HW? Cormier walked through everyone. There was a time where he couldn't finish some guys, probably due to breaking his hand against Big Foot and then against Barnett, but he only went down a weight class to avoid fighting his friend and teammate.

Heavyweight will always be the best division. There are weight classes for a reason.

15-2 and 5-0. In Bellator with all finishes and he publicly asked Scott Coker to put him in tougher fights that would lead to earning a Bellator Heavyweight title shot. Well, fighting Minakov would qualify as having a tougher fight and my opinion, and your not going to change it, is Bobby Lashley would take Minakov down and beat him down. You know what I'm talking about.

Ok so you are saying it would be a step up for Lashley, that I agree. I just don't agree you with you that Lashley would win, I think Minakov would.

Are you saying Cormier isn't good at HW? Cormier walked through everyone. There was a time where he couldn't finish some guys, probably due to breaking his hand against Big Foot and then against Barnett, but he only went down a weight class to avoid fighting his friend and teammate.

Heavyweight will always be the best division. There are weight classes for a reason.
No, Cormier is HW GOAT IMO. I'm just saying HW is probably the worst division when it comes to skill. The real challenge for Cormier is at LHW.

Ok so you are saying it would be a step up for Lashley, that I agree. I just don't agree you with you that Lashley would win, I think Minakov would.
Fine by me, it's your opinion. But it definitely could be a big fight for Bellator. But I seriously believe Scott Coker would put Minakov up against someone like Roy Nelson because Coker loves his ex-UFC guys in Bellator. And then give Minakov a title shot. But Lashley vs Minakov, Lashley, 3 time National Champion at Missouri Valley, U.S. Army wrestler, would definitely take the fight to the ground. And Minakov would have to deal with that for sure.

Back