Minakov In Talks To Return To Bellator After 4 Years

With some of Russian orgs being in trouble and Bellator never releasing him it makes sense for him to come to the table to come back to Bellator.

he probably should have just taken some fights in Bellator over the years just to end his contract with them. Might not be for the money he'd want, he was only getting like 30k a fight as champ but hed likely have bee a free agent two years ago and in the UFC.

With some of Russian orgs being in trouble and Bellator never releasing him it makes sense for him to come to the table to come back to Bellator.

he probably should have just taken some fights in Bellator over the years just to end his contract with them. Might not be for the money he'd want, he was only getting like 30k a fight as champ but hed likely have bee a free agent two years ago and in the UFC.
he ended up making money in russia/europe tho since then. so ur right, he probably would be in ufc and making money right now but hes getting six figures to fight for fng as far as i know. come back, do these bellator fights and then go to ufc.

and bellator could use him with this grand prix finishing, the organization has some big names like rory, moose etc. and i'd say hes more valuable to them now than before. a good HW division is good for business

He can make good money with the new regime but he won't be getting 6 figures.He got pumped in Russia made good money but that skewed his vision on his worth.

Smart for him to come back before he gets too shop worn to compete at his best.

Whats the deal with FNG? Arent they having problems or something?

thats probably the only reason to come back cause he fought 3x last year in FNG. he doesnt bring much value to Bellator other than he's a good HW. So I doubt he's gonna get paid all that well but they wouldnt let him out of his contract and if he's looking to go back I have to assume its because somethings up with FNG cause it seemed like he was good just fighting for them rest of his career.

But now is good time to go back, fight winner of GP. You have Meathead, maybe Fedor if he wins the GP, Bader. Better options than years ago when it was just Kongo in the div.

he ended up making money in russia/europe tho since then. so ur right, he probably would be in ufc and making money right now but hes getting six figures to fight for fng as far as i know. come back, do these bellator fights and then go to ufc.

and bellator could use him with this grand prix finishing, the organization has some big names like rory, moose etc. and i'd say hes more valuable to them now than before. a good HW division is good for business
Founder and current head of FNG said that Minakov receives 3 millions of roubles for a fight in FNG - around 47000 of dollars and he said that that Fedor/or only few guys in Russia receives more money for a fight than Minakov. Plus, back in 2017 one hotel threatened to sye Minakov because his martial arts school owned them around a million in roubles. And Minakov said that his TV programme is a nice addition in terms of money (and I don't think that he receives millions for an each episode of his programme).

Whats the deal with FNG? Arent they having problems or something?

thats probably the only reason to come back cause he fought 3x last year in FNG. he doesnt bring much value to Bellator other than he's a good HW. So I doubt he's gonna get paid all that well but they wouldnt let him out of his contract and if he's looking to go back I have to assume its because somethings up with FNG cause it seemed like he was good just fighting for them rest of his career.

But now is good time to go back, fight winner of GP. You have Meathead, maybe Fedor if he wins the GP, Bader. Better options than years ago when it was just Kongo in the div.
Fight Nights already announced one event this month and one in October. Some sites reports that Minakov is fighting in September in RCC. About his return - for the last 3 or 4 years he talks about his return every year, that before the end of the year he will fight in Bellator and it ends with nothing.
And he said that he takes his mma career more seriously and that's why he trains at ATT. And he said that there some people offered him to help in talks with Bellator. I think he mentioned that before someone promised to help him and it ended with nothing.

This would be great and just in time to fight the HWGP winner.

Founder and current head of FNG said that Minakov receives 3 millions of roubles for a fight in FNG - around 47000 of dollars and he said that that Fedor/or only few guys in Russia receives more money for a fight than Minakov. Plus, back in 2017 one hotel threatened to sye Minakov because his martial arts school owned them around a million in roubles. And Minakov said that his TV programme is a nice addition in terms of money (and I don't think that he receives millions for an each episode of his programme).
wow, i thought it was more then that. 47k is underwhelming. he needs to sign with ufc ASAP and secure a six figure deal

wow, i thought it was more then that. 47k is underwhelming. he needs to sign with ufc ASAP and secure a six figure deal
Btw Minakov became politician 4 years ago and since it's 2018 perhaps this year is the end of his term. So that's why he returns to mma. But I can't remember what is his position and is his term 4 years or more.
EDIT: checked, seems like his term is 5 years.

Btw Minakov became politician 4 years ago and since it's 2018 perhaps this year is the end of his term. So that's why he returns to mma. But I can't remember what is his position and is his term 4 years or more.
EDIT: checked, seems like his term is 5 years.

He fought since becoming a politician it doesn't effect his ability to fight at all.His reasoning for staying in Russia is simple.

He gets played decently,has had solid competition and is home with his family.Hes getting older and slowing down he knows this and knows if he wants bigger money and prestige he's gotta come stateside.

He fought since becoming a politician it doesn't effect his ability to fight at all.His reasoning for staying in Russia is simple.

He gets played decently,has had solid competition and is home with his family.Hes getting older and slowing down he knows this and knows if he wants bigger money and prestige he's gotta come stateside.
I meant that end of his term may mean end of his political career. He has multiple kids (and I think either his wife is pregnant or just gave a birth a few months ago) and with end of his political career his only income - money for being a head of regional part of Russian MMA Union and I think that government gives around 47000 $ for his part of MMA Union. If he stops fighting - then his family will only live on money from mma union + maybe some money for being retired athlete and politician.
And fighting in Russia - RCC is mostly a boxing promotion as far as I can remember so maybe they are not much itnerested in giving him a 3 fight in a year and FNG might be having problems paying money to him or giving him good opponents and paying them good money.

Could be a late entrant into the HW GP in case of injury to someone else...

Good, I'm probably going to pay for dazn. I'm not going to lie it's taken me a long time to get into Bellator. They've just seemed to lack a clear identity. Were they a tourney based prospect org? Were they a place for former big name ufc fighters to continue on? Were they Strikeforce light. I think they are all of those things. They always had some really good fighters but until the last 18 months they had absolutely no depth. That's changed, the cards have got much deeper and both tourneys look great.

Awesome news if its true. If Bellator get the best HW in MMA back then they will eclipse UFC HW division. Its getting very good

Awesome news if its true. If Bellator get the best HW in MMA back then they will eclipse UFC HW division. Its getting very good

Minakov a beast but no no its not better having 2 of the top 10 isn't better than 8 of the top 10

Are you high? Minakov the best HW in the world and Bellator's HW div > UFC's? LOL

Back