Milwaukee Cop Fired for Raping Dudes, Acquitted for Shooting One

Rozko

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
http://reason.com/blog/2017/06/21/milwaukee-jury-acquits-ex-cop-in-police

A jury found former Milwaukee cop Dominique Heaggan-Brown not guilty on one charge of reckless homicide in the fatal shooting of Sylville Smith.

Reason reported on the shooting when Heaggan-Brown was charged in December.

His acquittal follows the acquittal of the police officer who shot and killed Philando Castile in Minnesota. Meanwhile in Ohio, a jury continues to deliberate in the trial of Ray Tensing, a University of Cincinnati cop who shot and killed an unarmed motorist in 2015. His first trial ended last November with a hung jury.

The encounter began when Heaggan-Brown and two other cops said they saw Sylville Smith's rental car parked a foot away from a curb and suspected a drug deal was taking place. When approached by police, Smith fled.

Smith was armed with a gun and running from Heaggan-Brown when the officer shot him the first time. But Smith was on the ground and had thrown his gun away when Heaggan-Brown shot him a second time, in the chest. Prosecutors contended Smith didn't pose a threat before Heaggan-Brown fired again. Smith's defense attorneys argued the officer had been forced to act quickly.

Heaggan-Brown was fired in October when charges were filed related to an unrelated sexual assault claim. He was charged in relation to the shooting in January after the state Department of Justice submitted its report to the local district attorney—Wisconsin is one of a few states where police shootings trigger an independent investigation, although investigators are often former police officers.

Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn, who had in the past said police departments had to start punishing "awful but lawful" behavior by cops, insisted all along Heaggan-Brown was justified in shooting Smith..

I doubt this one will be as strongly protested as similar recent situations.

I doubt this one will be as strongly protested as similar recent situations.

They torched some shit when the guy was first killed I do believe. I can't remember if it was that guy another random black dude shot in Milwaukee.

Thread title of the day

No clue why but the thread title made me laugh, not even going to read the story. Thanks man

Already a thread on this

2153f62fd5a7eec33e30df5eed59691525b68f47202b183ede1ae264e377a38a.jpg

Maybe change the title to something more accurate?
He is being charged with raping several dudes and was fired for it.
He shot and killed a man and was then acquitted. How is that inaccurate?

I had a typo in the title of my thread. But yeah, it was obvious they only charged him to avoid more "unrest" AKA looting and burning things.

He is being charged with raping several dudes and was fired for it.
He shot and killed a man and was then acquitted. How is that inaccurate?

Well for starters, "dudes" implies some plurality which is inaccurate as you will inevitably admit in your following response. Also sexual assault does not necessarily mean rape, unless you can somehow show me this man indeed claimed rape (which you cannot) in the article (which you did not provide) then this is also inaccurate.

Do you have some other article where it says he actually raped multiple men? If so produce it.

Well for starters, "dudes" implies some plurality which is inaccurate as you will inevitably admit in your following response. Also sexual assault does not necessarily mean rape, unless you can somehow show me this man indeed claimed rape (which you cannot) in the article (which you did not provide) then this is also inaccurate.

Do you have some other article where it says he actually raped multiple men? If so produce it.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...ting-arrested-sexual-assault-counts/92453522/

Enjoy

So, what I am seeing is that this guy has a long history of shooting guys in the back

Back