Crime Millennial Couple Bikes Through Tajikistan Posts ‘Humans Are Kind’...They Were Killed

The comments in this thread are fucking disgusting. This is the first mass-killing of Western tourists in the history of this country, yet posters here are rejoicing in the vindication of their worldview that these attackers are representative of the average citizens of the region and that the incident can reaffirm their belief that we should all piss our pants at the thought of going to these countries.

Because they are bitter old morons.

You just don't get it. It doesn't matter if they spun the story. It is stupid on it's own merits.
Its*

The comments in this thread are fucking disgusting. This is the first mass-killing of Western tourists in the history of this country, yet posters here are rejoicing in the vindication of their worldview that these attackers are representative of the average citizens of the region and that the incident can reaffirm their belief that we should all piss our pants at the thought of going to these countries.
Yeah I wonder how they would react when one of their loved ones crosses the street and they get run over, and I'm like "well LOL @ crossing the street when you know that there's a good statistical chance to get run over. darwinism".

The only flaw in this analogy is that statistically, Tajikistan is safe for tourists.

You think it's god's sense of humor that tourists biking through a tourist-safe area get murdered by terrorists, when no other mass killings like this have happened in the area?

Sounds like you just need to rub it in that you have antisocial tendencies.

Lol, keep clinging to the border of Afghanistan is safe for tourists.

Damn, didn't know it was that bad, I knew they were still around and controlled territory but that's a lot more than I figured. But I imagine its the US that controls the major population centers like the cities and the Taliban that control the more desolate, mountainous areas right?

That's if you combine the amount of territory that is outright in their control and the amount of territory that is currently contested. Sorry, I should have clarified that. I was in a hurry and had to cut my post short.

And Yes, The US controls all the cities and infrastructure, but can't really get out into the rural regions and especially the borders. It's literally the same exact thing that happened to the Russians.

To be clear to any trying to get on their moral high horse, you can laugh at the irony, without celebrating death. Believe it or not, laughing at the irony does not make you akin to the terrorists.

That's if you combine the amount of territory that is outright in their control and the amount of territory that is currently contested. Sorry, I should have clarified that. I was in a hurry and had to cut my post short.

And Yes, The US controls all the cities and infrastructure, but can't really get out into the rural regions and especially the borders. It's literally the same exact thing that happened to the Russians.

Yeah, funny we don't hear about how much rural territory we have lost in Afghanistan. I hate that we are still there. The American people deserve the truth. Stay in Afghanistan for the foreseeable future, or give it back to the Taliban. That government will never stand on it's own. Afghanistan is still, even after almost 20 years of American occupation, a tribal, dark ages society. They are literally half a step in front of hunting and gathering.

We aren't nation building there, we are society building, and no one has a clue how to do it.

Yeah, funny we don't hear about how much rural territory we have lost in Afghanistan. I hate that we are still there. The American people deserve the truth. Stay in Afghanistan for the foreseeable future, or give it back to the Taliban. That government will never stand on it's own. Afghanistan is still, even after almost 20 years of American occupation, a tribal, dark ages society. They are literally half a step in front of hunting and gathering.

We aren't nation building there, we are society building, and no one has a clue how to do it.

That's not entirely true. We absolutely understand how to do it. The American Public does not have the will to do it, because it isn't something that takes 5 minutes. Americans are too into instant gratification, and that's not how life works. They want things neat and tidy, and over when they want them over, and that isn't how it works. I honestly believe had we stayed in Iraq these last 7 years we would be looking at a dramatically different situation in both the Middle East and the world.

Lol, keep clinging to the border of Afghanistan is safe for tourists.

Seems like where they were biking there are organized tours. And that people from all over Europe join those tours too given that Europeans from other countries were part of the very same attack. I very much doubt it was right next to the border.

What I would question is what is the definition of safe? Nobody seems to want to touch the question of what is the actual statistical probability of tourists being murdered when visiting.

That's not entirely true. We absolutely understand how to do it. The American Public does not have the will to do it, because it isn't something that takes 5 minutes. Americans are too into instant gratification, and that's not how life works. They want things neat and tidy, and over when they want them over, and that isn't how it works. I honestly believe had we stayed in Iraq these last 7 years we would be looking at a dramatically different situation in both the Middle East and the world.

Yes, that instant gratification we demanded in the 17 years in Afganistan, and the decade in Iraq. (E-sarcasm)

Btw, Iraq is as stable right now, as it was under US occupation.

In fact, I have been surprised by Al-Sadr. He actually seems to view himself as a Iraqi first. For Al-Sadr's many flaws, and the fact that he is Shiite, it is good news that he doesn't just want to be a puppet of Iran.

2/3rds of Iraq are very stable right now. It is the Sunni's own fault they welcomed ISIS with open arms, and that ISIS entrenched in their cities.

Seems like where they were biking there are organized tours. And that people from all over Europe join those tours too given that Europeans from other countries were part of the very same attack. I very much doubt it was right next to the border.

What I would question is what is the definition of safe? Nobody seems to want to touch the question of what is the actual statistical probability of tourists being murdered when visiting.

Source?

If you can show me there are bike tours there, I will shut up. That would actually make the story totally fabricated.

Although I'm finding that hard to believe as a tour guide wasn't listed in the attack.

Please, on the right. Learn to fucking READ before you open your mouths.

Lol you always talk about "fake news" and that is the definition of this bullshit story. This couple did not go set out to travel to dangerous areas to prove evil doesnt exist. They never said that. And yet you people keep repeating this nonsense.

Tajikistan shares a border with Afghanistan to the North. The north of Afghanistan doesn't have a high ISIS presence. Tajikstan has western tourists, is secular, and was deemed a safe place to travel
You have a higher chance of getting murdered in Mexico. So should everyone be fleeing California and Texas?

Just exposing yourselves as ultimate shit lords. So much edge, guys.

This is perhaps the worst thread I have ever read through here, and that's saying something.

You can google Tijikistan bike tours and see pages of companies offering tours to bike there. It actually seems quite popular, and from all serious accounts, not considered a danger hot spot. In the very attack that took place, Europeans from other countries were involved.

The way the article is presented is completely set to appeal to ignorant people for political propaganda purposes, and so many people eat into it hook line and sinker. The writers know the knee jerk reaction they can get out of people by combining a country with stan in its name, a misrepresentation of a line in a blog, a couple of young world seers, and a tragedy.

This is sandy hook was crisis actors level of stupidity in how some people will disgustingly manipulate people by taking advantage of a tragedy. I've lost a lot of respect for some posters I use to have ITT.

Source?

If you can show me there are bike tours there, I will shut up. That would actually make the story totally fabricated.

Although I'm finding that hard to believe as a tour guide wasn't listed in the attack.

Simply google Tijikistan Bike Tours. There are a lot.

This is perhaps the worst thread I have ever read through here, and that's saying something.

You can google Tijikistan bike tours and see pages of companies offering tours to bike there. It actually seems quite popular, and from all serious accounts, not considered a danger hot spot. In the very attack that took place, Europeans from other countries were involved.

The way the article is presented is completely set to appeal to ignorant people for political propaganda purposes, and so many people eat into it hook line and sinker. The writers know the knee jerk reaction they can get out of people by combining a country with stan in its name, a misrepresentation of a line in a blog, a couple of young world seers, and a tragedy.

This is sandy hook was crisis actors level of stupidity in how some people will disgustingly manipulate people by taking advantage of a tragedy. I've lost a lot of respect for some posters I use to have ITT.

Dude. People go to Chicago for vacation too. Probably even biking tours.

I wouldn't recommend going to Norwood park in Chicago, without a tour guide, riding a bike.

#2 It’s a lonely landscape, but you probably won’t be alone.
Over the past few years, cycling the Pamir Highway has become increasingly popular. July and August are particularly busy with European vacation cyclists. And of course, the Pamirs are a part of most multi-year touring cyclists’ itineraries.

Don’t get me wrong. This is not Eurovelo 6 or the TransAmerica Trail, but you’ll probably stumble across at least one group of bicycle travelers each day.

Even more common are leather-clad motorcyclists on monster machines and hearty overlanders in Land Cruisers blazing across the wide open terrain.

If you want to meet up with fellow cyclists, the most popular hangout is the Pamir Lodge in Khorog. Be warned, it’s a steep climb from the city center.

well TS got banned, so the thread was good for something...

Agreed. I find this thread so disturbing. We're all gonna die, and no matter how hard we work and how much good we do in life, we have no control over how we will be remembered. The possibility that these two kids will be remembered as idiots because of fake news, instead of being remembered as lively young victims of terrorism, just like any others, absolutely crushes my heart.

Last edited:

You contradicted yourself because you have an agenda. That's fine. We all have agendas when we post here.

But your agenda in this thread is to deliberately sully the memory of two young people who were brutally murdered by terrorists. You're a genuine piece of garbage and I know this is the internet and we're all just posturing and shit, but you really need to take a look in the mirror and figure out what went wrong to lead you to where you are.

Yes, that instant gratification we demanded in the 17 years in Afganistan, and the decade in Iraq. (E-sarcasm)

This is what I'm talking about. 17 years and 10 years in the context of changing a culture and building a nation, especially out of scratch is NOTHING. They're minor blips in time, meaningless. But to the American mind their significant time periods that need the job should have been done by now.

Btw, Iraq is as stable right now, as it was under US occupation.

eh, we'll see.

In fact, I have been surprised by Al-Sadr. He actually seems to view himself as a Iraqi first. For Al-Sadr's many flaws, and the fact that he is Shiite, it is good news that he doesn't just want to be a puppet of Iran.

The Shites where always the more peaceful group in Iraq. Al Sadr's group was always more aggressive.

2/3rds of Iraq are very stable right now. It is the Sunni's own fault they welcomed ISIS with open arms, and that ISIS entrenched in their cities.

That was all that was ever going to happen. "stable" and peaceful' aren't the same thing. We'll see what the future holds.

#2 It’s a lonely landscape, but you probably won’t be alone.
Over the past few years, cycling the Pamir Highway has become increasingly popular. July and August are particularly busy with European vacation cyclists. And of course, the Pamirs are a part of most multi-year touring cyclists’ itineraries.

Don’t get me wrong. This is not Eurovelo 6 or the TransAmerica Trail, but you’ll probably stumble across at least one group of bicycle travelers each day.

Even more common are leather-clad motorcyclists on monster machines and hearty overlanders in Land Cruisers blazing across the wide open terrain.

If you want to meet up with fellow cyclists, the most popular hangout is the Pamir Lodge in Khorog. Be warned, it’s a steep climb from the city center.
That makes me less sure they were being stupid.

However, that highway is pretty long.

These people were reportedly right on the border, and close to ISIS territory.

99.9% of that country, and highway could be safe, and that 0.1% could be highly dangerous, and not where people go cycling.

If they were even 15 miles away from the border when killed, I will agree with you. Closer then that, and it starts becoming pretty stupid. I mean as unlikely as getting hit by lightning is, if you stand outside in a lightning storm with a golf club, it becomes a bit more likely, and kind of funny if it happens.

I wouldn't recommend going to Norwood park in Chicago, without a tour guide, riding a bike.
This is an inaccurate comparison.
Tajikstan isn't Norwood park. It is not a known dangerous area. This is the FIRST time a foreigner has been killed

You, and others in this thread assumed it was a dangerous, ISIS shithole country, when it isn't.

Reading the article, or at bare minimum, listening to the people in here that actually did do the reading would've saved you lot from looking like giant assholes.

It was very obvious that the original article posted here was wrtiten by some right wing twat with a bias and agenda. Why did he label the article as "millennials get killed in ISIS territory?" Why is he telling us they are vegan? Why did he misuse the quotes from their blog? He was obviously trying to paint the picture of "stupid, snowflake, crazy liberals" for a right wing audience

Back