Crime Millennial Couple Bikes Through Tajikistan Posts ‘Humans Are Kind’...They Were Killed

So a couple of Americans get killed in a country that was labelled safe for tourists, but they made the mistake of being vegan and having a blog so let's make fun of them relentlessly and rejoice in their murder. Also let's make up the fact that they biked there to prove a point so we can make extra fun of them. v

That'd be terrible my man.

What people are saying is that these two poor souls stated their reason for going through this area was to prove that there is no evil people. That the notion of evil people is a human construct meant to degrade "the others".

They were then tragically murdered by people who are without a doubt evil.

That's like straight out of the movie dodgeball.

04dfdb7bf14103828836cfc27c105517be74c-wm.jpg

Those two people had beautiful hearts and souls, but all the good intentions just will never change reality.

That's what people are keying on and yes some cross the threshold and it's distasteful, but not incorrect.

That'd be terrible my man.

What people are saying is that these two poor souls stated their reason for going through this area was to prove that there is no evil people. That the notion of evil people is a human construct meant to degrade "the others".

They were then tragically murdered by people who are without a doubt evil.

That's like straight out of the movie dodgeball.

04dfdb7bf14103828836cfc27c105517be74c-wm.jpg

Those two people had beautiful hearts and souls, but all the good intentions just will never change reality.

That's what people are keying on and yes some cross the threshold and it's distasteful, but not incorrect.
Where did they say that their purpose of traveling was to prove that evil doesn't exist?
They didn't say that. People didn't read, or do any critical thinking here.

The article posted on the first page is clear agenda driven bullshit. Why is the author telling us these people are vegans, millennials, and that they were traveling in Taliban controlled areas(they werent)?

The quote everyone here keeps using to try and prove their idiocy is from their blog. It is one sentence out of many others. Why did the person writing the article choose that sentence for this article?

They did not say "There is no evil in the world, and we're going to prove it by going to go find some ISIS members to befriend"
People in here are running with a fake story.

You took ONE sentence from their blog and tried to use it to prove what you wanted it to prove, "that liberals are snowflake morons". And conveniently ignore all of the relevant information. They said they wanted to travel because they were tired of being in an office while missing the beauty and nature of the world, and that they didn't believe the world was as scary as it is made out to be. They were not on a mission to disprove evil. They weren't traveling in a known dangerous area. They were more likely to get in trouble in Mexico than in Tajikistan.
There's nothing correct being said by the turds making fun of these people's deaths

Where did they say that their purpose of traveling was to prove that evil doesn't exist?

The article posted on the first page is clear agenda driven bullshit. Why is the author telling us these people are vegans, millennials, and that they were traveling in Taliban controlled areas(they werent)?

The quote everyone here keeps using to try and prove their idiocy is from their blog. It is one sentence out of many others. Why did the person writing the article choose that sentence for this article?

They did not say "There is no evil in the world, and we're going to prove it by going to go find some ISIS members to befriend"

You took ONE sentence from their blog and tried to use it to prove what you wanted it to prove, "that liberals are snowflake morons". And conveniently ignore all of the relevant information. They said they wanted to travel because they were tired of being in an office while missing the beauty and nature of the world, and that they didn't believe the world was as scary as it is made out to be. They were not on a mission to disprove evil. They weren't traveling in a known dangerous area. They were more likely to get in trouble in Mexico than in Tajikistan.
There's nothing correct being said by the turds making fun of these people's deaths

Copied straight from their blog, notice how they mention their trip..

“You read the papers and you’re led to believe that the world is a big, scary place,” their blog read. “People, the narrative goes, are not to be trusted. People are bad. People are evil.

“I don’t buy it. Evil is a make-believe concept we’ve invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans holding values and beliefs and perspectives different than our own…By and large, humans are kind. Self-interested sometimes, myopic sometimes, but kind. Generous and wonderful and kind.”

“No greater revelation has come from our journey than this,” Austin wrote.

All some people are saying is that this poor couple ended up being incorrect. Evil is not a make believe concept.

Its safe to say this couples worldview is notbbased in reality, but it's a noble view of how the world should be. Maybe some great day

I don't like to argue, But you're just wrong when you say that this couple didn't say that evil is a made up concept. They also stated they chose their route to be closer to danger and they chose bicycles.....and I quote....."to be more vulnerable".

Anything of your own to add to those news stories, TS?

The comments in this thread are fucking disgusting. This is the first mass-killing of Western tourists in the history of this country, yet posters here are rejoicing in the vindication of their worldview that these attackers are representative of the average citizens of the region and that the incident can reaffirm their belief that we should all piss our pants at the thought of going to these countries.

@Kafir-kun A great example of the types of people whose offing of themselves would not upset me in the least.

The comments in this thread are fucking disgusting. This is the first mass-killing of Western tourists in the history of this country, yet posters here are rejoicing in the vindication of their worldview that these attackers are representative of the average citizens of the region and that the incident can reaffirm their belief that we should all piss our pants at the thought of going to these countries.

i havent read all 30 odd pages but i disagree. point is some places should be avoided and perhaps wandering of the beaten track is a bad idea. in saying so apparently that highway is hotspot for cyclists plus im not sure tajilstan qualifies as or atleast it wasnt known as an IS hotspot.

if you have ever followed any bloggers or watched their youtube videos you will understand that very few raise any kind of caution when travelling. this english chick even made a video about how safe india can be for solo female travellers. she was also not particually attractive yet i bet that never crossed her mind on why she was never hassled.

Copied straight from their blog, notice how they mention their trip..

“You read the papers and you’re led to believe that the world is a big, scary place,” their blog read. “People, the narrative goes, are not to be trusted. People are bad. People are evil.

“I don’t buy it. Evil is a make-believe concept we’ve invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans holding values and beliefs and perspectives different than our own…By and large, humans are kind. Self-interested sometimes, myopic sometimes, but kind. Generous and wonderful and kind.”

“No greater revelation has come from our journey than this,” Austin wrote.

All some people are saying is that this poor couple ended up being incorrect. Evil is not a make believe concept.

Its safe to say this couples worldview is notbbased in reality, but it's a noble view of how the world should be. Maybe some great day

I don't like to argue, But you're just wrong when you say that this couple didn't say that evil is a made up concept. They also stated they chose their route to be closer to danger and they chose bicycles.....and I quote....."to be more vulnerable".
Again....reading comprehension.
Where did I say that they DIDN'T say that there is no such thing as evil people?
I DIDN'T write that.

I said that their PURPOSE of traveling was NOT to prove that evil didn't exist.
Do you know what a blog is? It is not one short essay, it is an ongoing, regularly updated journal of sorts.
That was ONE excerpt from that blog. That one excerpt has now somehow been interpreted to mean that their entire purpose of travelling was to go to dangerous areas to disprove evil. That they somehow believed that there were no dangers in the world. That isn't what they said

They traveled through Africa, Europe, and then to central Asia before meeting their end in Tajikstan. Why are you attaching that one quote to their entire worldview and travel experience?

Their statement was obviously a general statement. That "by and large", people are not evil. They aren't wrong. By and large, through my own world travels, i don't think people are evil. That doesnt mean there are no bad people in the world. And they didn't deny the existence of bad people. If they had gotten caught biking in Afghanistan or Syria this would be a different conversation

This is part of the current ongoing nonsense we have today where people read a tweet, or read one quote from a conversation, and then think they have all the information they need to form an opinion.

Lol, please people of the left. Stop defending these idiots.

When I read this story, my thought was that there is a god, and his sense of humor is similiar to mine. Kind of dark and with a high appreciation for irony.

I wouldn't go through a bad neighborhood in a major American city at night for fun.

Even without the peacenik blog post, they are fucking idiots.

Want to travel, cool. Go to the beach, bring sun screen. Go the mountains bring a coat. Go to the border of Afganistan, bring a fucking gun you idiots.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/millenial-couple-isis-tajikistan/

Conservatives have no shame. This is major fake news they are pushing.

What's False -

There is no evidence Austin and Geoghegan were aware of any terrorist threat in Tajikistan, or that they travelled through that region particularly in order to vindicate their belief in human kindness. There is ample evidence that their trip was motivated by no more than a desire for adventure and life experience.

Since they didn't believe in evil, what reason did they have to believe terrorists exist?

Terrorism is a social construct, like gender.

What's False -

There is no evidence Austin and Geoghegan were aware of any terrorist threat in Tajikistan, or that they travelled through that region particularly in order to vindicate their belief in human kindness. There is ample evidence that their trip was motivated by no more than a desire for adventure and life experience.

Since they didn't believe in evil, what reason did they have to believe terrorists exist?

Terrorism is a social construct, like gender.

I lol'd

Lol, please people of the left. Stop defending these idiots.

When I read this story, my thought was that there is a god, and his sense of humor is similiar to mine. Kind of dark and with a high appreciation for irony.

I wouldn't go through a bad neighborhood in a major American city at night for fun.

Even without the peacenik blog post, they are fucking idiots.

Want to travel, cool. Go to the beach, bring sun screen. Go the mountains bring a coat. Go to the border of Afganistan, bring a fucking gun you idiots.
Please, on the right. Learn to fucking READ before you open your mouths.

Lol you always talk about "fake news" and that is the definition of this bullshit story. This couple did not go set out to travel to dangerous areas to prove evil doesnt exist. They never said that. And yet you people keep repeating this nonsense.

Tajikistan shares a border with Afghanistan to the North. The north of Afghanistan doesn't have a high ISIS presence. Tajikstan has western tourists, is secular, and was deemed a safe place to travel
You have a higher chance of getting murdered in Mexico. So should everyone be fleeing California and Texas?

Just exposing yourselves as ultimate shit lords. So much edge, guys.

Doesn't change the fact that riding a bike on any border of Afghanistan while being a white american is dumb, and having a blog post about hate being fake news, makes it dumber.
You think rapists should get community service so why would anyone care what you say?

Im constantly amazed and triggered by how proudly stupid some of you can be
<codychoke><codychoke><codychoke><codychoke>

You think it's god's sense of humor that tourists biking through a tourist-safe area get murdered by terrorists, when no other mass killings like this have happened in the area?

Sounds like you just need to rub it in that you have antisocial tendencies.

Please, on the right. Learn to fucking READ before you open your mouths.

Lol you always talk about "fake news" and that is the definition of this bullshit story. This couple did not go set out to travel to dangerous areas to prove evil doesnt exist. They never said that. And yet you people keep repeating this nonsense.

Tajikistan shares a border with Afghanistan to the North. The north of Afghanistan doesn't have a high ISIS presence. Tajikstan has western tourists, is secular, and was deemed a safe place to travel
You have a higher chance of getting murdered in Mexico. So should everyone be fleeing California and Texas?

Just exposing yourselves as ultimate shit lords. So much edge, guys.

You just don't get it. It doesn't matter if they spun the story. It is stupid on it's own merits.

It sounds like a Bill Engvall, Here's your sign joke.

Back