Millender was HUGE - the new Rumble

The laughable assertion on the broadcast last night that he was in his "athletic prime". Like c'mon, son. We've all seen what you looked like when you fought Karo, Hughes, etc.

Pre USADA

Post USADA

1073970.gif

th

th

Used to my favorite fighter, but if he can’t cut 155 there’s not much left for him in the fight business.

160 would’ve been perfect for him

You posted pics of Alves in his 20's and one in his mid 30's. What the hell were you expecting TS?

I just think he was completely out matched. PRIME Alves couldn't do anything against that monster.

6 inches less reach and being at least 6 inches against this guy was a recipe for disaster.

That being said, Alves is shot. I don't see him competing with anybody in the top 10 at WW.

Prime Alves was a monster. Prime Alves would have killed that guy. He would have chopped him down and crushed him.

Prime Alves was so ENHANCED he would be in the hall of fame with Cris Cyborg, and Ubereem.

That was not a good fight to take for Alves don't matter his experience, that guy was far too physical for him at this stage of his career...

Prime Alves was a monster. Prime Alves would have killed that guy. He would have chopped him down and crushed him.

Prime Alves was so ENHANCED he would be in the hall of fame with Cris Cyborg, and Ubereem.

Yes, he was super enhanced. Unlikely he would have beaten Millender. But we'll never know.

Yes, he was super enhanced. Unlikely he would have beaten Millender. But we'll never know.

GSP was the only reason he wasn't champ at WW when he was enhanced. He was a killer in his prime. His take down defense was out of this world and his leg kicks could knock down trees.

He has a Rumble-like ground game to go with it, too.

Man, I miss old school Alves.

I don't understand. Alves was a beast at 170.

Everyone wants fighters looking like James Vick for some reason.

Looks like a LHW vs a Featherweight

Thiago got his title shot after coming in 10000 pounds over against Hughes, Fucking Hughes was such a boss, didn't even care, took the fight when he could have walked away.

For me, I'll always wonder what Alves could have been if he had avoided all those "supplements" and fought at 155 where he should have been a beast.

I don't think his career would be a whole lot different.

Back