Milk bad for bones?

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by flikerstance, Mar 15, 2017.

1. flikerstance floridaman

flikerstance
  2. corpse Orange Belt

corpse
    old school guys ate everything. quality of your food is more essential than the type, i think. just avoid highly processed first world factory shit and don't stuff yourself with powders and useless magic supplements. nowadays you can find a religion for or against every food you can imagine. same with working out.

fresh raw milk is cool stuff. ultra high temperature factory cleansed antibiotics milk in plastic containers not.

3. Codger Brown Belt

Codger
    I looked into this a while back. From what I remember the main study linking osteoporosis and milk is a Swedish study on old people showing a potential link between drinking something like 3 glasses a day and a pretty decent rise in breakages. However Swedish milk is fortified with Vitamin A which, on it's own, is linked to osteoporosis in excessive amounts. The other possible culprit is the galactose in milk. That isn't present in such large quantities in milk products like cheese, yoghurt or butter and no bone risks are associated with those.

If you're really worried about bone density in old age then protein could be a concern. Some studies linking high protein intake to bone density loss

Overall, like Corpse says - just eat a varied diet and don't worry about individual foods too much.

As for that website. Despite their "unbiased" and "scientific" claims, their articles are not actually unbiased at all and they use shady internet marketing tactics to sell commonly available information at stupid prices with odd figures - $397 for a programs. https://saveourbones.com/program/ - what a joke. I would not give that sort of site any credence at all. Not saying they're wrong about everything, but I'd look elsewhere for primary evidence.

4. therealdope Steel Belt

therealdope
    I'm starting to think corpse is my long lost brother.

I've looked at nutrition and supplements for 35 yrs - a portion of which I was a full time athlete -- and my conclusion is that the 'old school Italian dolomite mountain diet' that I once ate is as good as any new fanggled bullshit. Secondly, anything you can buy at GNC doesn't work. What works is stuff that is illicit and listed on WADA's banned list.

Leonard Haid likes this.
  5. Clippy King of the Dump

Clippy
    My Grandfather never drank milk and lived to be 90.

6. fluffball Brown Belt

fluffball
    My dad is a doctor and recommends not drinking too much milk as an adult, however you need 1) food variety and 2) calcium.

Just eat healthy and don't worry about the retarded bro science that permeates places like sherdog "dude I eat 20 pounds of muffins every day for max gains."

therealdope likes this.
  7. flikerstance floridaman

flikerstance
    I was just curious as i love milk and a fighter needs strong bones i plan to be in ufc within the next 2 years just need a few more solid wins and i don't need anything hurting me i drink alot of chicken broth for joint strength.

8. fluffball Brown Belt

fluffball
    The benefits of milk are going to outweigh the negative effect of kidney stones you get in 40 years.

9. therealdope Steel Belt

therealdope
    This reminds of Rogan talking about all kinds of stuff and then you find out he is on TRT which kind of makes everything else he says irrelevant.

fluffball likes this.
  10. Locke91 White Belt

Locke91
    TRT means he ''only'' shoots up 200ml or something like that to get his test levels back to normal.
    Even if his doctor is shady and gives him drugs when his test level are allready normal, 200ml every two weeks is really not all that much. People blast and cruise with 500mg EW.

I'm not saying he is not telling BS from time to time tho, lol.