military service contracts... legit or no?

I went into the Marines and got pretty much everything that was put into my contract. The Air Force is really chill though, he will probably enjoy it. I was gonna go AF until a Marine recruiter sold my 17 year old ass.

Best decision I ever made though. I got out at 22 and went to college with a ton of life experience, no student debt and got a good job. Owned a home at 25.

@Phr3121 is right regarding the AF. It’s be far the nicest/cushest branch of service.

I'm retired USAF and I'll tell you this...

It was pretty D@mn sweet. Now when you deploy to lower slobovia, you're IN lower slobovia. I have taken showers in the rain because we didn't have water to spare whilst deployed. But I grew up in the backwoods of Georgia, USA so I grew up without indoor plumbing. The AF is run like a business and EVERYONE should be striving to be an asset. I retired in 2011, so I'll answer any questions you all have about Basic, tech-school, etc... Just quote me so I'll know.

Last edited:
First AF is for pussies.

Second. The AF is going to have you do whatever it needs you to do. Collect the paycheck and benefits, get some life experience, meet some good people and reenlist or don't reenlist.

I would recommend any young man enlist because it gives you 4 years to grow as a person compared to the 18 year old going to college who doesn't really have a clue what they want to do in life and will probably party too much.

Agree with all of it except the USAF being pussies part. ;)

this thread reeks of stolen valor i bet not a single one of you pussies is even in the military

I'm retired USAF and I'll tell you this...

It was pretty D@mn sweet. Now when you deploy to lower slobovia, your IN lower slobovia. I have taken showers in the rain because we didn't have water to spare whilst deployed. But I grew up in the backwoods of Georgia, USA so I grew up without indoor plumbing. The AF is run like a business and EVERYONE should be striving to be an asset. I retired in 2011, so I'll answer any questions you all have about Basic, tech-school, etc... Just quote me so I'll know.

Here's the deal with my son.
He's lazy. Super lazy.

I've tried everything to kick his butt into gear but the best results I've been able to get is to get him to do tasks when I specifically tell him to.

But if I don't tell him, he never does things, even things that will benefit him.

So, I think he might get a lot of benefit from a tough outfit like the Marines, but I also know that the Marines and army will actually fire your ass. It's not like in the old days where they own you and they'll just beat the shit out of you until you become a man. I'm afraid he'll actually flunk out. Maybe intentionally.

Plus I am afraid of the prospect of him getting deployed and coming home with no legs.

He's slightly interested in electrical stuff. Which is great because he's never been interested in anything useful before.

He's even been thinking about going to trade school to become an electrician. And I started thinking that maybe the air Force would give him training along those lines for free, and also get him out on his own where he can grow up a bit, and it should instill some discipline without being so difficult that he flunks out.

That's my story. If you can please offer any advice I'd be grateful. Am I on the right track at least?

This thread reeks of stolen valor i bet not a single one of you pussies is even in the military.

Oh, shit! How did you find out?

...but you, of course, were. Let me guess, a SEAL with Team 6? 10 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan combined? 37 confirmed kills? Yeah, you are 'hot shit' buddy. Tell us how 'special' you are...

Last edited:
Now, I'm not getting into a D1ck-measuring contest with you, but it's not like that in the USAF. At least not for me it wasn't, and I was in Pharmacy.

I know. We are both old and from another military generation. Back in the day, the Air Force was something else. Even the Army has 'watered' things down with women in combat roles. ...and don't forget my quote above:
Well, when you are a soldier on the ground taking a pounding from the enemy, those Air Force airstrikes sure come in handy. From B-1 bombers to F-16 strikes, they sure came in handy. Scary shit, you are just hoping they hit the right target and not you. I stopped calling the Air Force 'pussies' after that.

He's lazy. Super lazy.

I've tried everything to kick his butt into gear but the best results I've been able to get is to get him to do tasks when I specifically tell him to.

But if I don't tell him, he never does things, even things that will benefit him.

So, I think he might get a lot of benefit from a tough outfit like the Marines, but I also know that the Marines and army will actually fire your ass. It's not like in the old days where they own you and they'll just beat the shit out of you until you become a man. I'm afraid he'll actually flunk out. Maybe intentionally.

Plus I am afraid of the prospect of him getting deployed and coming home with no legs.

He's slightly interested in electrical stuff. Which is great because he's never been interested in anything useful before.

He's even been thinking about going to trade school to become an electrician. And I started thinking that maybe the air Force would give him training along those lines for free, and also get him out on his own where he can grow up a bit, and it should instill some discipline without being so difficult that he flunks out.

That's my story. If you can please offer any advice I'd be grateful. Am I on the right track at least?

Sounds like Air Force material to me. Lazy and likes electrical stuff. :) No offense to anyone. Yes, please keep him out of the U.S. Army and U.S. Marines. They don't want him and he certainly will not survive either the Army or Marines. No, Air Force electricians don't get their legs blown off or killed. He will be lucky there. Safe branch and MOS. Good looking women in the Air Force, and smart. They stayed away from the Army and Marines. If your son is straight, he should be getting plenty of quality pussy in the Air Force. This girl is funny, cute, and has some great advice:

Oh, shit! How did you find out?

...but you, of course, were. Let me guess, a SEAL with Team 6? 10 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan combined? 37 confirmed kills? Yeah, you are 'hot shit' buddy. Tell us how 'special' you are...
download.jpg

He's lazy. Super lazy.

Electrical apprenticeships pay as you train so that's always a good field to get into but if he's lazy he won't get past the hiring process.

He's lazy. Super lazy.

Sorry it took me a while to reply.

Ok, If your son decides to go AF, Basic Training will whip the living stew out of any laziness that he has. There's nowhere to be lazy or hide in basic. After that comes Tech school. It will be VERY regulated and he'll have to earn any privileges that he'll get. His instructors will make his main focus on completing his training and adhering to regulations that will make him a good Airman.

If he has an aptitude for his career field, then it'll be challenging but not overwhelming. His ASVAB scores will help him get selected for a career that'll be more in-line with his skills/abilities so the odds of him failing or getting washed back will be low.

The only thing that will hold him back is his attitude. If he does decide to enlist, he'll be given a great opportunity. To ensure a positive future for himself, he needs to make the most of it. His attitude WILL affect his altitude.

If you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to shoot me a message. We sherbros take care of our own.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm going U.S. Air Force. This girl has definitely tipped the scale in that direction. Lots of good looking and smart women in the Air Force. Too many 'dumb' guys in the U.S. Army and U.S. Marines. Good chance I'll get laid...

Yes, @Strychnine is the subject matter expert on the U.S. Air Force. Any advice he gives will be good since he spent a lot of years as an airman.

@Strychnine, here is when the U.S. Air Force was still part of the U.S. Army. Those B-17 boys (crew) had balls. Great movie...

@Strychnine, I went to high school with Sherry Stearns who is now married and a Colonel in the U.S. Air Force. Just found out a few days ago at my class re-union:

Yes, @Strychnine is the subject matter expert on the U.S. Air Force. Any advice he gives will be good since he spent a lot of years as an airman.

@Strychnine, here is when the U.S. Air Force was still part of the U.S. Army. Those B-17 boys (crew) had balls. Great movie...

Man! Watching that takes me back to this one time I was taking care of a B-17 commander and he was ribbing me hard... I come back at him and get him good! He looks at me and says.. "If you were in the plane with me, I'd stick you in the ball-turret!"

I tell him, "I'm too big, I wouldn't fit!"

He says with a laugh... "I've stuck much bigger than you in there!"

<30>

I worked with a few AF guys. From the outside looking in, the only downside seemed to be that promotions came around slowly as a byproduct of personnel being generally happy and wanting to reenlist.

I'd say he should do it so long as he can get an MOS that makes him happy.

You know youre on an AF base when you see all the dudes with nicely combed hair.

As an active Duty Marine my advice is...

JOIN THE AIR FORCE .... if you want an easy life with better facilities than the other branches.

Back