Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

You're right some do regret their decision to join, perhaps for forever. At least in the Airborne/Special Operations communities its defiantly not as prevalent. Don't get me wrong life sucks as a joe sometimes but I don't know how many people I know who regret getting out.
What's so special about being airborne as opposed to being a "leg?" Please don't lump the 82nd in with the 75th.

If you're interested in those jobs, I just looked up DAGRE, might as well just go offensive with it and go Infantry, or JTAC (TACP). I went Airborne Infantry and changed into something else later. I wouldn't want to be a leg. Just my plug.

4 years in the Infantry will be the best of times and worst of times. But you'll never forget or regret doing it. Just my opinion.
Isn't TACP spec ops? And what is a leg? If it takes years to do DAGRE I'd probably go for something else though. It's funny some people say never do infantry others swear by it

Isn't TACP spec ops? And what is a leg? If it takes years to do DAGRE I'd probably go for something else though. It's funny some people say never do infantry others swear by it
A "leg" is standard light infantry in the Army. Airborne guys are full retard like a lot of marines and think they're high speed ninja commandos.

I feel if I go enlisted I'd want 3 years for the post 9-11 bill
You'd have to do 3 years + 1 day.
I wouldn't join the Army or Marines during peacetime regardless.

final passed. got my stab and ballistic vests today. ojt on the island next week. one month until i get my shield and graduate

2nd this. the amount of fuck fuck games that will be played is giving me a headache just thinking about it lol. raking sand, painting rocks over and over.

A "leg" is standard light infantry in the Army. Airborne guys are full retard like a lot of marines and think they're high speed ninja commandos.
Ohhh I see. Well what did you do in the military and what do you recommend? I like advice from former military

2nd this. the amount of fuck fuck games that will be played is giving me a headache just thinking about it lol. raking sand, painting rocks over and over.
I barely survived 17 months of garrison between deployments and most that was in training

Seems worth it because I don't go to college I can pass it on to my future kid. Would be a nice thing to do. I read something about cash bonuses on the 2 year contracts too. Why is that? And the way things are going I doubt the peace will last long.

What's so special about being airborne as opposed to being a "leg?" Please don't lump the 82nd in with the 75th.

I appreciated my time in the airborne and I still jump just not static line. There's no real difference just one spends time doing airborne operations and the other doesn't. I just know doing ranger school and sljm in the 82nd gave me a lot of pride in the unit I worked with.

Seems worth it because I don't go to college I can pass it on to my future kid. Would be a nice thing to do. I read something about cash bonuses on the 2 year contracts too. Why is that? And the way things are going I doubt the peace will last long.

I probably missed it bro, but what's your reason for joining the military?

And peace not lasting long is probably a good bet. Even in "peace" time all of the branches have been deployed across the globe.

Last edited:
I probably missed it bro, but what's your reason for joining the military?

And peace not lasting long is probably a good bet. Even in "peace" time all of the branches have been deployed across the globe.
Didn't go to college (had to pay out of pocket/ didn't want the debt) so just been working and banked on being a personal trainer and loving it. Felt it was kinda gay lol. I turn 25 next year so can get grants for College but I'd rather earn it by doing the military. Also growing up it's all I wanted to do but hated the dumb ass wars. Now I realize it's kinda inevitable irregardless of who is in charge (I feel like Trump duped us). So yeah a mix of things pretty much. Of course the benefits are nice too.

Is there anyone here that has any experience with chinook crew chiefs or loadmasters as we call them in my country?

Don't they get paid a bit more?

Bunch of my friends that were Marines are working out to get back in shape to re-enlist and dragging my sorry behind along with them.

As to Airborne thinking they are tactical ninjas:

Don't they get paid a bit more?

Bunch of my friends that were Marines are working out to get back in shape to re-enlist and dragging my sorry behind along with them.

As to Airborne thinking they are tactical ninjas:

I think they only get paid more on jump status, not just for being jump qualified.
The 82nd is just another infantry unit and lumping them in with the 75th is incredibly disrespectful to the latter.

I think they only get paid more on jump status, not just for being jump qualified.
The 82nd is just another infantry unit and lumping them in with the 75th is incredibly disrespectful to the latter.
Funny, my buddy that was 82nd is always talking shit about how the 101st don't do jump missions... must talk shit back to him now.

Funny, my buddy that was 82nd is always talking shit about how the 101st don't do jump missions... must talk shit back to him now.
That's because they're Air Assault.
I'm sure the 82nd has higher standards than typical infantry units in the Army but they're full of the same type of motard esprit de corps nonsense that permeates so much of the USMC. I can't tell you how many marines I served with (from boots to SNCOs) who honestly thought that our infantry is as good as the 75th.

That's because they're Air Assault.
I'm sure the 82nd has higher standards than typical infantry units in the Army but they're full of the same type of motard esprit de corps nonsense that permeates so much of the USMC.
Lol damn.

Good to know my buddy that talks made shit essentially does what he talks shit about.

Back