Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

insert ANA jumping jack video

those fucks
83939390.gif

my BN served as ANA Drill Sergeants in Kabul, w/ the 88M/Motor T teaching driving classes for a later course. Now me being a POG i didn't do this, but i had to constantly be out there dealing w/ shit as the Training NCO/Mayor Cell (inspections, moving connex yards, observing their crazy scavies infestations, dealing w/ bazaar issues, etc..).
I was always astonished that the afghan troops couldn't march even by the end of bootcamp. There'd always be stragglers, people literally playing grabass in formation, and all this w/ the Afghan higherups smacking the shit outta them zero f's given

i mean their dads fought off the russians, cmon son. they gotta be trolling at this pt

The Iraqis didn't look much or any better doing basic exercises either

Anyone going to be attending Cold Steel?

I have a friend in the guard who usually goes on duty once a month for training and drill locally. He says he was called in again which will be twice this month due to the conflict in Syria. Is this "normal" given the circumstances?

Last edited:
I'm torn between going active vs reserves and also what branch, navy off the table because I hate boats haha. Army or air force most likely. Air Force has security forces which sounds awful but within that they have the DAGRE and Raven programs which I would definitely do. Or is an intel type job better for me in the long wrong. Just asking anyone in here what route is better??

I'm torn between going active vs reserves and also what branch, navy off the table because I hate boats haha. Army or air force most likely. Air Force has security forces which sounds awful but within that they have the DAGRE and Raven programs which I would definitely do. Or is an intel type job better for me in the long wrong. Just asking anyone in here what route is better??
I worked with a lot of Security Forces in Montana and California. In my judgment a good portion of them disliked their job that were strictly base side cops (patrol car and gate guards). lol I could never do that job.

The guys who had more specialized jobs, like k9, convoy response force and tactical response force seemed to like their jobs more. They were motivated as fuck and seemed to get better equipment and more training than the ordinary cops. Convoy response force rolled with convoys and tactical response specialized in Launch facility recapture.

Missile cops in Montana just sat on a missile site with a maintenance team and watched them work and walked the fence line. Pretty boring. The other missile cops were mobile teams that dispatched for 1 week at a time. Then rotated back to base/home.

I don't know anything about the two programs you mentioned. Those positions might not be open to you initially as a 3 level (just out of tech school) but would be open after you build your skill set and rank. Something to ask a recruiter or someone who knows about that shit.

Edit: everything above is Air Force. Forgot to mention that.

I worked with a lot of Security Forces in Montana and California. In my judgment a good portion of them disliked their job that were strictly base side cops (patrol car and gate guards). lol I could never do that job.

The guys who had more specialized jobs, like k9, convoy response force and tactical response force seemed to like their jobs more. They were motivated as fuck and seemed to get better equipment and more training than the ordinary cops. Convoy response force rolled with convoys and tactical response specialized in Launch facility recapture.

Missile cops in Montana just sat on a missile site with a maintenance team and watched them work and walked the fence line. Pretty boring. The other missile cops were mobile teams that dispatched for 1 week at a time. Then rotated back to base/home.

I don't know anything about the two programs you mentioned. Those positions might not be open to you initially as a 3 level (just out of tech school) but would be open after you build your skill set and rank. Something to ask a recruiter or someone who knows about that shit.

Edit: everything above is Air Force. Forgot to mention that.
Thanks a lot man! What did you do in the military? If I do go the SF route, I'm gonna go hard to get a better job like you mentioned no way I wanna be a well dressed security guard haha

Thanks a lot man! What did you do in the military? If I do go the SF route, I'm gonna go hard to get a better job like you mentioned no way I wanna be a well dressed security guard haha
Missile and space systems operations and maintenance. All my time was spend with the Minuteman III weapon system. Seems like the intel field route would be better, IMO. Job prospects might be better when/if you separate in the future.

I personally would not recommend that line of thought. It takes time to make the transition into those other specialties. You might end up having to wait 2/3 years before you can move into something that interest you. Sometimes you'll be stuck reenlisting to even be able to do it. By that time you may not even have the motivation to do so, I don't know if you're even thinking past the initial enlistment, most guys do not. Plus Ravens are gay man, jesus I don't know what they do besides take up space while actual fighters are getting off to go to real shit.

Really, if you don't think you'll like being a gate guard/protecting nucs, than I would definitely not go into that career field. Don't let the recruiter talk you into it, that job sucks. But it's the largest careerfield in the USAF and they need a lot of recruits each year who think it's going to be great.

Look at a job you think you will like from the get go.

There is a shitload of intel jobs both within the Army and Air Force. Look around a little, there's also cyber warfare branches now if that's something you would consider.

Missile and space systems operations and maintenance. All my time was spend with the Minuteman III weapon system. Seems like the intel field route would be better, IMO. Job prospects might be better when/if you separate in the future.
What exactly is the minuteman system and did you enjoy your job? Did it lead to something in your civilian career? If I score high I'll go for it

I personally would not recommend that line of thought. It takes time to make the transition into those other specialties. You might end up having to wait 2/3 years before you can move into something that interest you. Sometimes you'll be stuck reenlisting to even be able to do it. By that time you may not even have the motivation to do so, I don't know if you're even thinking past the initial enlistment, most guys do not. Plus Ravens are gay man, jesus I don't know what they do besides take up space while actual fighters are getting off to go to real shit.

Really, if you don't think you'll like being a gate guard/protecting nucs, than I would definitely not go into that career field. Don't let the recruiter talk you into it, that job sucks. But it's the largest careerfield in the USAF and they need a lot of recruits each year who think it's going to be great.

Look at a job you think you will like from the get go.

There is a shitload of intel jobs both within the Army and Air Force. Look around a little, there's also cyber warfare branches now if that's something you would consider.
Appreciate the insight, if I wanna sling a gun around I'll probably do army. Yeah security forces looks and sounds so boring besides the TRF, DAGRE and maybe raven but you made it sound gay lol. I definetly only wanna do 4 years because I'm 24 already. Also why I'm considering reserves.

Appreciate the insight, if I wanna sling a gun around I'll probably do army. Yeah security forces looks and sounds so boring besides the TRF, DAGRE and maybe raven but you made it sound gay lol. I definetly only wanna do 4 years because I'm 24 already. Also why I'm considering reserves.

If you're interested in those jobs, I just looked up DAGRE, might as well just go offensive with it and go Infantry, or JTAC (TACP). I went Airborne Infantry and changed into something else later. I wouldn't want to be a leg. Just my plug.

4 years in the Infantry will be the best of times and worst of times. But you'll never forget or regret doing it. Just my opinion.

The Army's doing 2 year contracts again.

If you're interested in those jobs, I just looked up DAGRE, might as well just go offensive with it and go Infantry, or JTAC (TACP). I went Airborne Infantry and changed into something else later. I wouldn't want to be a leg. Just my plug.

4 years in the Infantry will be the best of times and worst of times. But you'll never forget or regret doing it. Just my opinion.
I don't know about that...

I don't know about that...

You're right some do regret their decision to join, perhaps for forever. At least in the Airborne/Special Operations communities its defiantly not as prevalent. Don't get me wrong life sucks as a joe sometimes but I don't know how many people I know who regret getting out.

Back