Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

That shit must take a pretty immense toll on the kids psychologically.

I would think so. That dude was a Marine. He made it through Boot Camp. He graduated. Then he's just done.

I'm assuming that's what happened. During PT one day, I didn't really see what happened, but for those who went to MCRD San Diego they'll know what I'm talking about, but the portion of the PT field out by the airport there is an actual stretch of track that you do two laps around and then after that go straight down a dirt path towards the main gate. on my second lap around he was on the ground towards on one of the turns of the track and our junior drill instructor was standing over him, and the Senior Drill Instructor was squatted down next to him talking to him. Neither of them were yelling at him which was obviously unusual as we were only like 3 weeks into Boot Camp and he was basically laying on the ground. He had dark read hair, and his face and neck were the same color as his hair. That was the last time I saw him. That same Junior Drill Instructor was my Drill Instructor for the Crucible. During the Crucible they essentially break you into squads with a Drill Instructor as the Squad Leader and start to treat you a little more like humans, and actually talk to you, and I remember him talking about that kid and telling us he had like a lung or heart problem of some kind and that he had actually collapsed from running too hard.

Wow good on the DIs for recognizing that he was legitimately in trouble right away.

Can't say the same for the Navy! In Coronado some guy fried his hypothalamus during Log PT, and fell out during the run right in front of our boat crew. Instead of checking on him, the instructors ran over to him kicked him in the back, screamed at him, and drug his lifeless body over to the berm on the side of the road. ...And you guys are the ones that are supposed to be the Jarheads hah!

I would think so. That dude was a Marine. He made it through Boot Camp. He graduated. Then he's just done.

That would hurt. Earn the title and then be told you aren't "good enough" to use it and sent home with a shitty hair cut no money. I wonder what he got as far as VA benefits. Losing all or most of them would be an added kick in the teeth.

Wow good on the DIs for recognizing that he was legitimately in trouble right away.

Can't say the same for the Navy! In Coronado some guy fried his hypothalamus during Log PT, and fell out during the run right in front of our boat crew. Instead of checking on him, the instructors ran over to him kicked him in the back, screamed at him, and drug his lifeless body over to the berm on the side of the road. ...And you guys are the ones that are supposed to be the Jarheads hah!
I assume you're talking about BUD/S and not boot camp.

I caught like a 15 second window. This would have been about a half a mile into a 3 mile individual effort run, so that part had either happened already, or it was so clear right away that something was wrong that they didn't even bother Fing with him.

That would hurt. Earn the title and then be told you aren't "good enough" to use it and sent home with a shitty hair cut no money. I wonder what he got as far as VA benefits. Losing all or most of them would be an added kick in the teeth.

I would assume he at the very least gets a service connected disability, but who knows.

I would assume he at the very least gets a service connected disability, but who knows.

I would rather have the GI Bill then SCD <%50 and even then fuck being that jacked up.

@lfd0311

Something reminded me about the terps at St Mikes and I wanted to verify what I was told.

I don't think it was Comi but the other African Terp...Did you guys really forget his ass out in sector and he had to make his way back to the fob on his own?

I would rather have the GI Bill then SCD <%50 and even then fuck being that jacked up.

I swear I never saw even the legit dudes break much past 30ish from the military for retirement, I know the VA assesses differently but I don't see much out of 3 months of service.

I swear I never saw even the legit dudes break much past 30ish from the military for retirement, I know the VA assesses differently but I don't see much out of 3 months of service.

The only one I know is my uncle but he had 3 back surgeries over his 28 year carrier with a bone infection setting in on the last one. He is pretty fucked mobility wise right now and only got 80%. That job on base working for a supplier as a site manager is making up for it though.

@lfd0311

Something reminded me about the terps at St Mikes and I wanted to verify what I was told.

I don't think it was Comi but the other African Terp...Did you guys really forget his ass out in sector and he had to make his way back to the fob on his own?

Baker? I never heard that. I hope that didn't happen. Segal got his dome lopped off shortly after we left though, and from what I hear, Komi around somewhere from what I hear.

EDIT: Don't want to post too much info about the terps on the interwebz. Cause ISIS....

Yeah, and we're talking about your shins. that isn't getting better anytime soon.

Yeah, and we're talking about your shins. that isn't getting better anytime soon.

He probably hasn't been able to do any serious running since because of it.

Baker? I never heard that. I hope that didn't happen. Segal got his dome lopped off shortly after we left though, and from what I hear, Komi around somewhere from what I hear.

EDIT: Don't want to post too much info about the terps on the interwebz. Cause ISIS....

Komi was a straight G, one of the best terps I've used.

He probably hasn't been able to do any serious running since because of it.

Yeah, that was 15 years ago and he could hardly walk then. He fell out of every foot movement we did within yards. And it was SOI, so you've got an LBV, water and weapon. It's not like it was hard.

Komi was a straight G, one of the best terps I've used.

He was on one of the few terps that I actually considered to be my friend. Did you know that Baker was his cousin and that Komi straight up killed a lion with a spear back in Sudan? Or did you ever hear the story of the tribal custom for marriage purposal?

I caught like a 15 second window. This would have been about a half a mile into a 3 mile individual effort run, so that part had either happened already, or it was so clear right away that something was wrong that they didn't even bother Fing with him.

Huh. Reads like some good trainers to me. I can imagine you have a non negligible number of people that want to say fuck it and fake injuries in Marine BC.

Huh. Reads like some good trainers to me. I can imagine you have a non negligible number of people that want to say fuck it and fake injuries in Marine BC.

When I ran by him he looked like he had just gotten knocked out and was trying to get up and couldn't, He wasn't a fat body or anything, so he should not have been having anywhere near that much trouble. it was like his middle wouldnt work or something

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back