Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Currently serving in the Canadian Armed Forces.

Last edited:
Does being in the infantry reserve count, don't want to belittle anyone's service with my weekend warrior era.

Re enlisted for another 6 years a few months ago. Army 37F

Just want to say thanks for all those that are serving or have served.
God bless you all.

Still active, contract almost over, looking to grad school in Fall 2017.
Until then, Cryptologic Technician Interpretive (CTI) Mandarin, Chinese

Anyone at Ramstein AB? Would love to meet up with a sherdogger. I'm a 4N0X1 (Medic) in the Air Force at Ramstein, Germany.

Anyone at Ramstein AB? Would love to meet up with a sherdogger. I'm a 4N0X1 (Medic) in the Air Force at Ramstein, Germany.

Been to Ramstein on and off for the past couple years. Mainly while we were staying at Rhine Ordnance barracks.

You got lucky man, Ramstein is one of the best duty stations in Germany now. Ever since the bases in Heidelberg and Mannheim closed there only a few good duty stations left now.

I'd say Kaiserslautern area and Wiesbaden are the only two desireable places to get stationed in Germany these days.

Army 31S. Basic-Ft Leonard Wood AIT-Ft Gordon

Then on to Mannheim Germany. Slayed much German poon in the name of the Greatest Country on Earth.

I'm no war hero but my mark was made hard and deep.

USN 97-08 GSM1 (SW).....2000-2004 USS Curts (FFG-38), 98-2000 USS Princeton (CG-59), instructor G-Lakes 04-08

Army 31S. Basic-Ft Leonard Wood AIT-Ft Gordon

Then on to Mannheim Germany. Slayed much German poon in the name of the Greatest Country on Earth.

I'm no war hero but my mark was made hard and deep.
I love stories like this. I'm not all about the whole boot, pog, and branch wars, but man...I sure wish I was able to travel the world and lay some Merica in some women instead of being in a Fucken desert for most of my time in.

A-School or Boot?
GSM A school before it went to BECC, then mostly C school (FFG platform), unfortunately i did alot in shipping the FFG side water brake to Philly for Grummen to use and shutting down the GS hotplant.

Last edited:
I never served, but I come from a family of military service. My grandfather on dad's side was in ww2, and my grandfather on mothers side was in korea. Just wanted to come in to say I appreciate and respect the hell outta you guys. Not that you're perfect, nor should anybody expect you to be, but you put your freedom on the line for me. That's alright in my book

US Navy, 2010-2014, EM2 SW/AW

Both. I was on the USS Nimitz and 29 Palms.
If I had it all to do over again, I probably would've went in as a corpsman and stayed in long enough to get a bit of time on both the green side and the blue side. It seems like the best of both worlds really.

I love stories like this. I'm not all about the whole boot, pog, and branch wars, but man...I sure wish I was able to travel the world and lay some Merica in some women instead of being in a Fucken desert for most of my time in.
Yeah I'm no GI Joe or anything but I made the most of my opportunities for international relations. Interestingly, I was initially concerned that European women would be like hairy hippy chicks but it was quite the opposite in my experience. The girls were well-groomed down to the last pube. Plus it was an interesting feeling to be railing a German girl and thinking that our grandparents may have actively attempted to kill each other, kind of a rush really.

On another note, while I didn't end up spending time in a war zone, I did take part in something important. I was part of a joint training mission between the US and British Armies where we worked out communication bugs that resulted in allied casualties in the first Gulf War. The mission was a success and I'd like to think that I was part of something that ended up saving lives.

USMC 4 Years

2/5 at Camp Pendleton, CA - Infantry Unit 0311

Back