Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Army 2000-2015. 11B/42A/11P/92Y

Thanks for your service.
What is an 11P? Never heard of that MOS before.
Man, you went from peace-time Army to war-time Army to peace-time Army again in 15 years.

Ok. It is easier when you 'quote' and use the 'reply' button.
Four MOSs, that is interesting...
Ya. WB post limit. Got sick of seeing the supply sergeant sitting around drinking coffee while I was humping around my fucking pack as 11bang in Iraq and joined the desk jockey dark side. Shuffled around those 3 mos till I got comfortable as a recruiting command supply sergeant

I wouldn't believe that until I've seen an actual source. It was always a rumor that Airmen (and Coast Guardsmen) got extra pay for living on USMC bases.
we had Airmen get extra pay for living in our barracks in Baumholder, I worked in the Finance office and processed the paperwork myself so I know it wasn't BS in our case
they were also one man per room, as opposed to our Two. Then again, we did live in literal former Nazi SS barracks so ya. Not exactly AF 'dorm' tier

we had Airmen get extra pay for living in our barracks in Baumholder, I worked in the Finance office and processed the paperwork myself so I know it wasn't BS in our case
they were also one man per room, as opposed to our Two. Then again, we did live in literal former Nazi SS barracks so ya. Not exactly AF 'dorm' tier

As an Army guy you processed Air Force pays? (Least I thought you were Army)

I've worked with TACPs and CCTs for a long time and they've never received any extra pay to live with us. I remember having the substandard living conversation at Airborne with the AF/Navy dudes many years ago because that place sucked, like all of the sucks.

I didn't think Baumholder was really that bad at all. Nothing compared to the Ft Bragg I first showed up to. Wooden WW2 barracks, so bad some kid wrote a congressmen or senator and the IG investigated the situation, now you'll not see any of that shit there. Much different and better.

Last edited:
I went TDY to Camp Gurnsey WY and was there with Army and Marines. Everything was old as shit but we as AF didn’t get extra anything lol. But this was 2003.

First time shooting a M19 from a moving Hummvee. Be that I was only 19, that was fun as fuck.

same when i was in iceland 2004-2006. the airmen had to live in navy barracks that werent up to air force specs, so they got a substandard allowance. their singleman rooms were basically 2 man rooms for the navy..... but i guess it's a small price to pay to get airmen stationed up there.

I was one of the first AF assigned to joint duty at Landstuhl. After we were settled in at an AF dorm on Ramstein, one of the solders I knew told me that the Army had prepared a barracks on Landstuhl. He said that those rooms were PLUSH and totally kitted out.

I heard that our CO did a tour of the barracks, looked up and down and said "Nope, not good enough". So we went to live on Ramstein.

I'm at Mountain Warfare Training Center right now, talk about the cuts.
Came out the Transient Quarters last night and no shit a bear was just chilling 5' away

I'm at Mountain Warfare Training Center right now, talk about the cuts.
Came out the Transient Quarters last night and no shit a bear was just chilling 5' away
Bridgeport?

<6>

Do any of the other services screen people for recruiting or drill instructor duty who reenlist like the Marine Corps does? That was reason #15687 why I didn't. Imagine getting voluntold to do that after just reupping for another 4 years.

I wouldn't believe that until I've seen an actual source. It was always a rumor that Airmen (and Coast Guardsmen) got extra pay for living on USMC bases.

Coasties do not.

The AF MSGTs at Coast Guard Chiefs Academy are amazed they have to share a room and want to know where the gold course is...

Do any of the other services screen people for recruiting or drill instructor duty who reenlist like the Marine Corps does? That was reason #15687 why I didn't. Imagine getting voluntold to do that after just reupping for another 4 years.

Gotta apply for that in the CG.

Need a favorable command endorsement as well.

Happy 243rd Birthday Marines. Thanks for putting up with our shit to the Corpsman, the rest of our Uber drivers can get fucked. Let's kill our livers in accordance of the highest military traditions.

Watching Vietnam by Ken Burns. Just finished the episode where they interviewed the tunnel rat. The guy explaining the first guy he killed in complete darkness by crushing the other guys trachea.

I can’t even imagine.

Back