Mikey Garcia vs Robert Easter Jr July 28?

Easter gonna get wrecked.

He got a gift decision against his last 2 opponents.

I though Mikey was fighting Spence? Oh wait, that was Garcia's fantasy fight tournament.

Easter isn't that great. Hard to see anything but a very one-sided fight with a potential stoppage.

I'd be shocked if Mikey didn't put a beating on him. Easter doesn't seem to be on his level from what I've seen.

Mikey should take this pretty easily. I'm hearing we have Loma vs Beltran next too. So if the Pac fight falls through (and I expect it to), we'll have two unified LW champions. That'll be the next logical step.

You've got to defend yourself halfway decently to stand a chance against Garcia. Easter gets wrecked.

Easy fight.

Guess he changed his mind about fighting Spence and Danny and Thurman and Crawford and all the others guys he said he was fighting next.

The path of least resistance should be his new nickname but hopefully this fight will lead to a real fight afterwards, finally.

He needs to be fighting Lomachenko next. Should be no problem for him being the naturally bigger man at 135.

Easy fight.

Guess he changed his mind about fighting Spence and Danny and Thurman and Crawford and all the others guys he said he was fighting next.

The path of least resistance should be his new nickname but hopefully this fight will lead to a real fight afterwards, finally.
Yeah, yeah. A week ago he was a coward for vacating at 135 and was avoiding Lomachenko.

Yeah, yeah. A week ago he was a coward for vacating at 135 and was avoiding Lomachenko.

"So Mikey had the 135 pound WBC belt and the 140 pound IBF belt. The sanctioning rules only let him be a champ in one weight class at a time so he had a limited amount of time choose which one he wanted to keep and defend.

He sent an official letter to the IBF stating he wanted to keep his junior welterweight title and drop the lightweight belt. They accepted his decision and shortly thereafter informed him that he had to begin negotiations with Ivan The Beast Baranchyk who is the mandatory challenger.

Once he found out who his opponent was he contacted the IBF again and told them he was dropping their belt and keeping the WBC lightweight title instead. So now The Beast will be fighting someone else for the vacant title.

Duck, duck, goose Mikey."

So the truth is "he was a coward" for vacating his 140 pound belt after sending a letter of intent to the org saying he was keeping it because they ordered him to fight The Beast and he didn't want any of that. If you are going to quote me just to be a fucking asshole at least don't make shit up, asshole.

I'm not familiar with Easter Jr but if this gets Mikey 2 belts then it makes the fight with Loma bigger so that' fine as long as that's his plan.

Easter is a good guy (last I knew) and even tried to babysit Broner for a period, not sure if he still does. Broner brought him in/along. Anyway, he seems to have his head on straight and my guess is he will be as ready as he can be for this fight.
Easter shows 5'11" but my son is 6'2" and swears he's closer to his height than mine (5'11"). But that may be because I weigh 222, too. That he thinks Easter is taller than 5'11". lol
Mikey is what, 5'6"? Not that it means everything, but there will be a significant height/reach advantage for Easter, here. 76" to 68" on the reach. Again, it's not everything, but it's not nothing, either. Easter is a very tall/lanky lightweight for sure.

He's not Tommy Hearns, but he'll come to fight.

Can you imagine being around Broner and being Easter the fun-loving but non-mental one and finding yourself in several moments out of nowhere where you just had to walk the hell away and not look back? LOL! As a professional, you would have to start ditching him if he began to act up after trying to diffuse him. If it doesn't work, "Alright Adrien, but I'm leaving. Be safe and go home. Talk to you later".

Last edited:
Back