Mikey Garcia says he wants Errol Spence

I can see this fight getting made. Definitely one of the most interesting matchups on the horizon.

giphy.gif

Is it, though? If they were the same size it would be a very interesting fight (even then I'd probably still have Spence), but Spence is a big 47 and Garcia is a smallish 140. It's a mismatch.

How come he never called out Crawford? Even when he moved up to 140 to fight Broner before Crawford announced he was moving up?
He doesnt want to get his ass beat.

Give Mikey a break: he's coming up from lower weights and wants to give his body enough time to fill out and be properly sized for WW.

Either way I don't see this going well for Mikey, I'm a big fan but I don't think he's going to be too small to fuck with Spence even after a year of bulking up. Can he carry his power to WW? I don't know.

this is stupid. Mikey, nobody expects you to fight Spence. Don't pretend like you want to.

smh!! i liked mikey too but u guys are right, its getting tiresome listening to him call out opponents that he knows wont happen... fight lomo its more realistic! i hope he does fight lomo, id love to see mikey beat him!

How come he never called out Crawford? Even when he moved up to 140 to fight Broner before Crawford announced he was moving up?

No one wants Crawford. Not Mikey or Thurman or even Spence. I can't blame Thurman or Spence though. If they fight him now before he is really established at 147 it's huge risk for very little reward. If they wait for him to win some fights at his new weight and grab some fringe belts or become the mandatory for legit belts they'll have a juicy possible PPV fight lined up.

I think Crawford is a toss up against either Thurman or Spence. Once he adjusts to 147 it will be impossible for me to pick a clear favorite. Spence said maybe after he gets Thurman out of there that Crawford might be a possibility. Imagine a year and a half from now when Spence has 2 or 3 belts and Crawford has the rest. That would be some Hagler/Hearns level shit right there. Not on the same playing field as that fight but close enough for me to make the comparison.

smh!! i liked mikey too but u guys are right, its getting tiresome listening to him call out opponents that he knows wont happen... fight lomo its more realistic! i hope he does fight lomo, id love to see mikey beat him!
I'd like to see him fight Loma but for the opposite reason. But I don't think it's going to happen because Mikey doesn't seem to want to fight him.

You know, I feel like I wait around for so long between good fights that I almost don't even care how ridiculous this is. Fine, go fight Errol Spence. Loma can go fight Pac too. Just put on some damn fights.

You know, I feel like I wait around for so long between good fights that I almost don't even care how ridiculous this is. Fine, go fight Errol Spence. Loma can go fight Pac too. Just put on some damn fights.

There are good fights to be pursued for both men that I think are pretty imminent. Assuming Garcia gets through Lipinets, he has said pretty explicitly that he wants Linares in the summer (which could lead to a Lomachenko clash assuming Mikey beats Linares, or it could pave the way for Garcia to move to 40/47 permanently), which is a good fight. I'm fairly confident (not that I'm going on a whole lot) that Spence/Thurman happens in 2018, as well.

There are good fights to be pursued for both men that I think are pretty imminent. Assuming Garcia gets through Lipinets, he has said pretty explicitly that he wants Linares in the summer (which could lead to a Lomachenko clash assuming Mikey beats Linares, or it could pave the way for Garcia to move to 40/47 permanently), which is a good fight. I'm fairly confident (not that I'm going on a whole lot) that Spence/Thurman happens in 2018, as well.
Question is do you want to see mikey in with Spence?

I don't think anybody ever thought that would be a reasonable matchup. Mikey should be fighting Loma, Spence should be fighting Thurman.

No, not really. I mean, I'd be interested to see how it played out, but it's not a reasonable fight for either man at this point in time (and it probably never will be).

This. WW division has a ton of fighters, most are fighting once, maybe twice a year. They are all in their primes too.... Frustrating as a fan.

Loma fought 3 times, so I am becoming a fan of his in a sense... tho, I don't like how overtly cocky he is.

Only people who hate Mikey Garcia would be interested in seeing this fight

Someone tells him this sounds very bad before he publicly asks to fight Joshua.

this has about the same chance of happening as when lara called out golovkin which was hilarious for those that actually believed the glass-jawed cuban

i still have doubts that hes going to sign off on the hurd fight

Back