Mikey Garcia duck hunting again

There is no version of Cotto that loses to Mikey. What in the hell am I reading here lol.

seriously? cotto tore his bicep later in that fight, i don't think garcia makes it out of the first few rounds. i mean come on, miguel would have like 20lbs on him.

garcia is a class above ali

There is no version of Cotto that loses to Mikey. What in the hell am I reading here lol.
Yeah well, I thought there was no version of Cotto that would lose to Ali.

I would agree, but then again I think Garcia would probably beat Ali.

Yeah well, I thought there was no version of Cotto that would lose to Ali.
I would agree, but then again I think Garcia would probably beat Ali.
Meh. Lets see him take that jump.

Theres a reason he didnt take that fight. Hed have gotten whooped vs Cotto then had to fight Linares after.

After all that crying about his promotion and then claiming he wanted Cotto and Linares he declined.

His brother even admits that he told him not to fight Cotto.

of course he did. it's a stupid fight to make, for crying out loud.

you people do understand that while cotto was undersized for a middleweight, he was still a big puncher even by mw standards, right? mikey isn't even a big puncher at 140, for fuck's sake.

we can criticise mikey for not taking big fights when he had the chance, but not when it comes to him fighting cotto.

Meh. Lets see him take that jump.

Theres a reason he didnt take that fight. Hed have gotten whooped vs Cotto then had to fight Linares after.

After all that crying about his promotion and then claiming he wanted Cotto and Linares he declined.

Garcia didnt turn down the cotto fight

of course he did. it's a stupid fight to make, for crying out loud.

you people do understand that while cotto was undersized for a middleweight, he was still a big puncher even by mw standards, right? mikey isn't even a big puncher at 140, for fuck's sake.

we can criticise mikey for not taking big fights when he had the chance, but not when it comes to him fighting cotto.
Where did I criticize him for not taking it.....?
Garcia didnt turn down the cotto fight
Yes he did. (Which was smart.)

all right, maybe i read a bit much into your post. i'm guessing your issue is with him even talking about cotto, rather than not taking it?

i'd agree there. it was stupid of him to even enter negotiations about that fight. it would've been far more stupid to go through with it, though.

oh and i blame cotto for that fight being even considered. i mean come on.

he turned down the fight over money and Goldenboy. This is different than him not wanting the fight which would indicate again he didnt duck anyone.

he beats old cotto

all right, maybe i read a bit much into your post. i'm guessing your issue is with him even talking about cotto, rather than not taking it?

i'd agree there. it was stupid of him to even enter negotiations about that fight. it would've been far more stupid to go through with it, though.

oh and i blame cotto for that fight being even considered. i mean come on.
I dont really take offense to it. Guys talk about taking fights way out of their league (or weight class) all the time. I was just commenting that Mikey wouldnt beat old Cotto or any Cotto.
he turned down the fight over money and Goldenboy. This is different than him not wanting the fight which would indicate again he didnt duck anyone.

he beats old cotto
He didnt want the fight with Cotto or Linares. No other fight for Mikey would have gotten the money that Cotto would so to blame it on that is really silly.

And if he would have beaten Cotto, which he wouldnt, hed have been able to dictate terms against pretty much any future opponent.

Theres a reason big brother told him not to take it. Thats far too big of a jump against far too big of a hitter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back