Mikey Garcia duck hunting again

The Can Opener

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So Mikey had the 135 pound WBC belt and the 140 pound IBF belt. The sanctioning rules only let him be a champ in one weight class at a time so he had a limited amount of time choose which one he wanted to keep and defend.

He sent an official letter to the IBF stating he wanted to keep his junior welterweight title and drop the lightweight belt. They accepted his decision and shortly thereafter informed him that he had to begin negotiations with Ivan The Beast Baranchyk who is the mandatory challenger.

Once he found out who his opponent was he contacted the IBF again and told them he was dropping their belt and keeping the WBC lightweight title instead. So now The Beast will be fighting someone else for the vacant title.

Duck, duck, goose Mikey.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...rweight-title-intends-defend-lightweight-belt

This is a shit thread

Mikey has stated on multiple occasions that he would prefer to unify the lightweight title. Hes not ducking anyone

This is a shit thread

Mikey has stated on multiple occasions that he would prefer to unify the lightweight title. Hes not ducking anyone
Well, flip flopping which belt hes dropping doesnt look good.

This is a shit thread

He sent an official letter stating which belt he was keeping then tossed it away like it was a hot potato when he got a mandatory.

He also "stated on multiple occasions that he would" fight Cotto, fight Crawford, fight Spence, fight Loma, fight Linares yet he decided against actually doing ANY of those things. But keep saying "he's not ducking anyone" it's cute.

Your post is as shit as your bias for a fighter who isn't very interested in fighting.

Who is Garcia meant to be ducking at the moment, exactly?

Who is Garcia meant to be ducking at the moment, exactly?

Here you go.

I'll even bold it for you.

So Mikey had the 135 pound WBC belt and the 140 pound IBF belt. The sanctioning rules only let him be a champ in one weight class at a time so he had a limited amount of time choose which one he wanted to keep and defend.

He sent an official letter to the IBF stating he wanted to keep his junior welterweight title and drop the lightweight belt. They accepted his decision and shortly thereafter informed him that he had to begin negotiations with Ivan The Beast Baranchyk who is the mandatory challenger.

Once he found out who his opponent was he contacted the IBF again and told them he was dropping their belt and keeping the WBC lightweight title instead.
So now The Beast will be fighting someone else for the vacant title.

Duck, duck, goose Mikey.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...rweight-title-intends-defend-lightweight-belt

You think he's ducking Ivan Baranchyk? Baranchyk is clearly worse than his last two opponents (last three opponents, really). He's fucking around and trying to find a big fight while talking a bit too much, but no one in their right mind thinks he is running from the likes of Ivan Baranchyk.

You think he's ducking Ivan Baranchyk? Baranchyk is clearly worse than his last two opponents (last three opponents, really). He's fucking around and trying to find a big fight while talking a bit too much, but no one in their right minds thinks he is running from the likes of Ivan Baranchyk.

It's not even my opinion. He said he wanted to be the 140 pound champ, officially. The IBF said great now you have 10 days to begin negotiations with The Beast. Mikey said oh, then 135 is the place for me! So yes he quite literally ducked him.

We talked about this fight a couple months ago. Most of us agreed it would be highly entertaining because The Beast only throws bombs and can't box for shit and that Mikey would probably win every single round. So no I don't personally think Ivan beats Garcia but he got ducked anyway.

Garcia ONLY wants big fights but at the same time he has been turning down big fights for years. He called out Loma. Loma said let's dance. Garcia said he wanted 3 other fights first. Now he says he wants Spence before Loma but he throws away the belt that is one weight class away from Spence to defend a belt that is two weight classes away.

None of what he does makes any sense these days. He has been half-retired for years and obviously wants out of the sport after a couple big paydays but he won't actually fight anyone great.

I made a thread about this before how Baranchyk is a dangerous fight for Mikey and he'll end up moving down.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/i...-to-decide-fight-the-beast-or-vacate.3726829/

What pisses me off is that WBC ordered him to fight Linares and he waits until Linares signs another fight before moving down. Unless he decides to unify with Robert Easter next, you can argue that Mikey was ducking Linares, since it is a bigger fight than Lipinetz after all.

He sent an official letter stating which belt he was keeping then tossed it away like it was a hot potato when he got a mandatory.

He also "stated on multiple occasions that he would" fight Cotto, fight Crawford, fight Spence, fight Loma, fight Linares yet he decided against actually doing ANY of those things. But keep saying "he's not ducking anyone" it's cute.

Your post is as shit as your bias for a fighter who isn't very interested in fighting.

Some of those fell through. quit being a fucking troll weirdo. He aint ducked anyone

It's not even my opinion. He said he wanted to be the 140 pound champ, officially. The IBF said great now you have 10 days to begin negotiations with The Beast. Mikey said oh, then 135 is the place for me! So yes he quite literally ducked him.

We talked about this fight a couple months ago. Most of us agreed it would be highly entertaining because The Beast only throws bombs and can't box for shit and that Mikey would probably win every single round. So no I don't personally think Ivan beats Garcia but he got ducked anyway.

Garcia ONLY wants big fights but at the same time he has been turning down big fights for years. He called out Loma. Loma said let's dance. Garcia said he wanted 3 other fights first. Now he says he wants Spence before Loma but he throws away the belt that is one weight class away from Spence to defend a belt that is two weight classes away.

None of what he does makes any sense these days. He has been half-retired for years and obviously wants out of the sport after a couple big paydays but he won't actually fight anyone great.

Making decisions now count as ducking to you hahah. What youre really saying is you dont like his decision. Oh well. Grow a pair and grow up. I like it. Brings us closer to loma and thats great

tenor.gif

Lol at Mikey Garcia ducking Baranchyk, he clearly wants to cash out before joining the police academy

It might not but are we really supposed to believe TS hes ducking this dude. Come on
It certainly adds fuel to the controversy fire of him claiming all these fights he wants but not taking them.

Whether thats actually the case, who knows.

I made a thread about this before how Baranchyk is a dangerous fight for Mikey and he'll end up moving down.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/i...-to-decide-fight-the-beast-or-vacate.3726829/

What pisses me off is that WBC ordered him to fight Linares and he waits until Linares signs another fight before moving down. Unless he decides to unify with Robert Easter next, you can argue that Mikey was ducking Linares, since it is a bigger fight than Lipinetz after all.

It reminds me of how Khan dodged everyone for years trying to cash out with Floyd and then Manny. Seems to be working just as well too.

Dudes are just delusional thinking he hasn't been ducking people. He literally called out Loma and Loma said yes than Garcia said maybe 3 fights later but I'd rather fight Spence anyway.

It reminds me of how Khan dodged everyone for years trying to cash out with Floyd and then Manny. Seems to be working just as well too.

Dudes are just delusional thinking he hasn't been ducking people. He literally called out Loma and Loma said yes than Garcia said maybe 3 fights later but I'd rather fight Spence anyway.

apples and oranges. put down the haterade please

apples and oranges. put down the haterade please

What is your fucking problem?

It's FACT he dropped a belt to avoid an opponent he didn't want to fight DAYS after saying he was going to keep the belt. You don't only duck guys who will beat you. You can duck guys for any number of reasons. When you have a mandatory opponent and throw a belt in the trash it's a fucking duck.

He said I want Loma. Loma said lets do it. Mikey said maybe 3 fights later which for him means YEARS down the road. So the biggest fight he could possibly get that he said himself he wanted he fucking ducked long term style.

He said for weeks he was fighting Cotto. He didn't fight Cotto. Now he says Spence is his main goal yet he just dropped from 140 to 135 to avoid a fight that he would be the huge favorite in. That doesn't sound like a guy who wants to fight at 147.

He said he wanted Linares but wouldn't actually sign to fight him and decided to stay at 140. Linares signs to fight Loma and now Mikey is going back to 135.

You can't be this fucking stupid.

I like watching Mikey fight. I am always hoping he fights someone good and constantly disappointed that he doesn't do it. I don't dislike him at all I just hate how he is wasting his entire career.

So what/who are his options for decent opposition now he has done this?

So what/who are his options for decent opposition now he has done this?

"The fight that interests me the most right now at lightweight is [Jorge] Linares. He's shown interest in recent times, so I wish we could get that fight," Garcia said of that potential unification fight. However, that bout is unlikely, as Linares (44-3, 27 KOs) is close to a deal to defend his title against pound-for-pound king Vasiliy Lomachenko (10-1, 8 KOs), the junior lightweight world champion who plans to move up in weight for his next fight on May 12 at Madison Square Garden in New York."

So again he wants a guy who isn't Loma or Spence that happens to be signed to a fight already. Even if Linares somehow pulled off the big upset against Loma there is supposedly a rematch clause which means Garcia would be waiting for two fights to happen and hoping the underdog somehow pulls off the upset twice in a row.

After his last win Mikey Garcia called out Danny Garcia but now that Mikey dropped his 140 pound belt the odds of him jumping to 147 to face a really good fighter are absolute zero.

Odds are he will spout off a couple of big names then fight someone who sucks like Beltran while complaining that he can't get big fights, again.

What is your fucking problem?

It's FACT he dropped a belt to avoid an opponent he didn't want to fight DAYS after saying he was going to keep the belt. You don't only duck guys who will beat you. You can duck guys for any number of reasons. When you have a mandatory opponent and throw a belt in the trash it's a fucking duck.

He said I want Loma. Loma said lets do it. Mikey said maybe 3 fights later which for him means YEARS down the road. So the biggest fight he could possibly get that he said himself he wanted he fucking ducked long term style.

He said for weeks he was fighting Cotto. He didn't fight Cotto. Now he says Spence is his main goal yet he just dropped from 140 to 135 to avoid a fight that he would be the huge favorite in. That doesn't sound like a guy who wants to fight at 147.

He said he wanted Linares but wouldn't actually sign to fight him and decided to stay at 140. Linares signs to fight Loma and now Mikey is going back to 135.

You can't be this fucking stupid.

I like watching Mikey fight. I am always hoping he fights someone good and constantly disappointed that he doesn't do it. I don't dislike him at all I just hate how he is wasting his entire career.

My problem is that you are making assumptions that are unwarranted and theyre weird bro. hes not ducking anyone. Mikey is playing the field and jumping between weight classes. If you dont like it its fine but dont jump on the hes ducking so in so, like its a bit much and over exaggerated

Back