Mikey Garcia Beats Everyone at 135 and 140

TC has multiple wins over Mikey in the amatuer ranks, i doubt Mikey will be eager to get in the ring with him

Mikey is too technically sound to lose anytime soon.

with what does he beat him seriously?
he is nothing special, he is very skilled with a textbook style but absolutely nothing extraordinary nor special..

get out of here
Garcia is not Martinez or Walters plus he's a very big puncher at 135

I swear people don't know shit about boxing, all they think they need to know is who Lomachenko and GGG are and they got it figured out

Wait till Lomachenko fights next Saturday

I picked Garcia to win tonight and I still think he is an underdog against Crawford and even money against Loma at best. Both Crawford and Loma are physically more talented than Mikey and he can't count on either of them acting like a cracked-out rooster whenever he feints or forgetting to let their hands go...

I picked Garcia to win tonight and I still think he is an underdog against Crawford and even money against Loma at best. Both Crawford and Loma are physically more talented than Mikey and he can't count on either of them acting like a cracked-out rooster whenever he feints or forgetting to let their hands go...

I just really wish Loma was bigger naturally so he could fight TC. It'd be absolutely incredible.

I think Mikey fights TC close but I don't see a way for him to win. TC is so solid to go along with his freakish talent.

Mikey is too technically sound to lose anytime soon.
Oh how quickly you change your tune.
This is a favorable matchup for Broner. Mike Stafford's fighters have difficulties with pressure fighters who throw volume. Mikey Garcia is not going to pressure Broner and that will allow a chess match to take place and Broner has proven he can win those types of fights. I'm picking him to win. He also has to win the fight. If he loses again, then he might as well go away.

Oh how quickly you change your tune.

Nothing contradictory to what I said. I picked Broner to win, because I thought a more technical slow paced fight would suit him. Turns out, Garcia was still better.

Nothing contradictory to what I said. I picked Broner to win, because I thought a more technical slow paced fight would suit him. Turns out, Garcia was still better.
Sure man. You pick Broners lame ass to beat him but now hes not losing to anyone.

TC has multiple wins over Mikey in the amatuer ranks, i doubt Mikey will be eager to get in the ring with him
Thats a wild assumption. Its like me saying Crawford is afraid of Danny Garcia because he beat him once in the amateurs.

Mikey is textbook, he doesn't have the power to 1 hit quit quys at 140 and he can't crutch on his speed or athleticism because it's shit. Garcia relies on being smarter than the other guy and knowing his fundamentals and he is not smarter than Loma or Bud.

I give him a 50/50 shot against Lomachenko mostly because of his size but Crawford eats him from what I've seen, Mikey does not have the tools to win that fight. Honestly I think it'd look like a more competitive Mayweather - Marquez; elite counterpuncher who relies on his understanding of distance and timing going up against a guy who's better at both things and more athletic and significantly faster with good footwork sounds like the worst type of nightmare.

with what does he beat him seriously?
he is nothing special, he is very skilled with a textbook style but absolutely nothing extraordinary nor special..

get out of here

Yeah I just don't see Garcia beating Lomachenko. He just isn't extraordinary at anything and you need to be to beat someone like Lomachenko, that or 1000 nut shots.

I don't see why people are saying Crawford crushes Mikey. I think at 135 Loma/Mikey is a 50/50 fight. Same thing at 140 with Crawford, if anything TC might have a "slight" advantage due to his size.

because garcia won a sound decision against broner doesn't give me any indication he's all of sudden much better than lomachenko.
i already knew garcia was better than broner, as did every bookie and boxing fan in the world.

on the other hand, i did not expect walters to just flat out give up on lomachenko.

Thats a wild assumption. Its like me saying Crawford is afraid of Danny Garcia because he beat him once in the amateurs.
Strange, as far as i knew crawford had whooped Danny in the ammys too and thats why Danny has been reluctant about facing TC in the pros. Alot of men are avoiding TC at the moment.

Mikey is textbook, he doesn't have the power to 1 hit quit quys at 140 and he can't crutch on his speed or athleticism because it's shit. Garcia relies on being smarter than the other guy and knowing his fundamentals and he is not smarter than Loma or Bud.

I give him a 50/50 shot against Lomachenko mostly because of his size but Crawford eats him from what I've seen, Mikey does not have the tools to win that fight. Honestly I think it'd look like a more competitive Mayweather - Marquez; elite counterpuncher who relies on his understanding of distance and timing going up against a guy who's better at both things and more athletic and significantly faster with good footwork sounds like the worst type of nightmare.

i think mikey is special.

i wouldn't call his speed shit, he's decent. also, his timing and reflexes are damn good, broner was lightning fast and rarely caught him with anything, while mikey managed to time and counter him often.

lomachenko is a tossup indeed, but i mean, that's lomachenko. i know lots of people here disagree, but i think he's easily the best boxer in the world right now. no one at and around his weight is going to be beating him definitively. mikey could beat him, though.

and i'm not sold on crawford at all. not saying he isn't a beast, but he doesn't shock me with anything either. then again, the fuck do i know, maybe i'm just not looking hard enough.

Strange, as far as i knew crawford had whooped Danny in the ammys too and thats why Danny has been reluctant about facing TC in the pros. Alot of men are avoiding TC at the moment.
Both guys have wins over each as amateurs. The point isn't how awesome crawford is but how ridiculous your assumption was.

Not wanting to step in the ring with Crawford is a big reason why Mikey left Top Rank I really believe that.

Not wanting to step in the ring with Crawford is a big reason why Mikey left Top Rank I really believe that.
lol
Buyin' that hype.

Crawford is the guy who signed with a promoter who has no decent opponents to offer him. I'll bet at least 3/4 of the people who will watch his next fight have never seen his next opponent. You have Crawford fighting guys like Molina and Hank Lundy but its actually everyone else who is avoiding Crawford.

Back