Mikey Garcia Beats Everyone at 135 and 140

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't see anyone coming close to him at 135 & 140. He beats TC at 140 and Loma at 135. He should that he can fight backwards and on the inside and does Not put himself in danger for anything. It sucks that TC and LOma are on HBO and we will never get to see him beat them but he proved tonight that he really is a P4P. I didn't think beating Broner would be enough to add him to the list but the guy look flawless. He style is changeable as it comes. Foot front or Back foot, inside or out, he can do it. He cuts the ring better than anyone and walks fighter into shot like Joe Louis. The guy is the best in the sport right now.

Didn't you just pick Broner to beat him?

Now he is the best guy in two weight classes...?

I think I'd take him to beat both Lomachenko and Crawford.

He beats TC at 140
Nope. Crawford won't keep his hands at home like Broner did. He also has a much better jab than Broner.

In fact, I would be confident that Crawford stops Garcia, likely on body shots.

Nope. Crawford won't keep his hands at home like Broner did. He also has a much better jab than Broner.

He will cause will mean Mikey will have more chances to counter him and break him down. Mikey cuts the rings and stays where he wants, TC wont have a choice but fight Mikeys fight.

I have Mikey over Loma, but I begrudgingly admit Crawford would probably beat him. Two amazing fights I want to see.

He will cause will mean Mikey will have more chances to counter him and break him down. Mikey cuts the rings and stays where he wants, TC wont have a choice but fight Mikeys fight.
Crawford has more tools to work with than Broner does. The biggest one is the understanding of range, both his and his opponent.

In fact, I would be confident that Crawford stops Garcia, likely on body shots.

Bidy shots would give Mikey way to mamy opening to counter. TC doesnt havr any options. Mikey looks like a perfect boxer. It will take someone like Solido, Provo to rough him up to beat him, not someone that trys to box with him.

Me too. I think Mikey has the skill to truly challenge Loma, if not outright win.

Mikey is the ONLY fighter below 140 that gives Loma a fight. Loma walks though everyone else. but a fight with Miguel Vazquez at 135 is one I would like to see Loma take cause of his style.

TC beats Mikey. That would be an awesome fight btw.

Me too. I think Mikey has the skill to truly challenge Loma, if not outright win.
Yeah, I believe Mikey is definitely special talent, and will be Loma's signature win, or will be his ceiling that stops his ascent. All three fighters mentioned in this thread are special fighters in today's ranks, really, but of the bunch (and who knows, could be the result of match making) TC looks to be the most special atm, and Im a big Mikey fan.

Didn't you just pick Broner to beat him?

Now he is the best guy in two weight classes...?

Yup. Did you read the OP? I explained why I think Mikey is the best now and explained myself in the thread, Mikey showed the albitiy to fight off the back foot beautifully.That is a something he never really shown and with that added and the added body work he added tonight, it makes him a complete fighter and something Loma or TC haven't shown yet. People can change their opinion on a fighter after seeing the fighter add things to their game, only fanboys have opinions set in stone.

People can change their opinion on a fighter after seeing the fighter add things to their game, only fanboys have opinions set in stone.

True, but you are the only guy who often gets a fight pick wrong and instantly decides the winner is the is the long lost baby that Ali had with Wonder Woman and can't ever be defeated by anyone.

Just because someone beats your fighter doesn't make him the greatest active fighter in MULTIPLE weight classes.

I think Crawford might be too much for him. Garcia seems best suited to 135. Lomachenko would obviously be a pretty big challenge, too.

True, but you are the only guy who often gets a fight pick wrong and instantly decides the winner is the is the long lost baby that Ali had with Wonder Woman and can't ever be defeated by anyone.

Just because someone beats your fighter doesn't make him the greatest active fighter in MULTIPLE weight classes.

I went 2-1 tonight and often pick wrong? Can you provide me a example of what you are claiming. I am speaking about what I wittiness Tonight.

The only other fight I have picked wrong and thought the fighter that Won was great is Ward/Kova and I still question why Ward wont fight Superman but who else do you say I have done this with

Back