Mike Winklejohn: "Jon may have taken some supplements to help cut weight, but they were tainted"

Isn't doing diuretics type supplements illegal?

Some diuretics are indeed illegal. If his weight-cut supplements were tainted, that's what they'd be tainted with, not turinabol. If Jones' camp wants to invent some bullshit, they should at least go for lies that make sense.

"hey this will help you with your cut - it's got electrolytes and STUFF in it"

"ok dokie, since I'm coming off suspension I'll just ingest this shit then. THANKS BUDDY! You're a real good Samaritan, stranger!!"

EDIT: I was on the fence about whether to fully condemn him as guilty (yes, because I want him to be innocent and hoped time would prove him so) but if this is where his team is on the excuses, then....... wow......

Last edited:
"hey this will help you with your cut - it's got electrolytes and STUFF in it"

"ok dokie, since I'm coming off suspension I'll just ingest this shit then. THANKS BUDDY! You're a real good Samaritan, stranger!!"

I love of Jones's fans are like "he can't be that stupid, none of this makes sense!" and his own camp is like "here is a public explanation where Jones looks like a total retard".

Omg we need to.wait on the c sample before we condemn the man

yeah, you have a point. for the betterment of the ufc as a whole, i think they should all fess up to the obvious. at least that way, a rational discussion can take place on how to approach this problem.
When there's this much money at stake, all rationality goes out the window. ;)

First it was a tainted supplement to help him rehydrate, now its a supplement to cut weight.

Better get your story straight coach.

images

I hate tainted supplements. I found a mouse in my beer one time. I thought I'd get free beer for life b/c of it but I didn't :(
ump4ds4.jpg

Kick ass with the Strange Brew reference. Fucking love that movie...
giphy.gif

seriously, how fucking stupid do these people think we are? they would do themselves a huge favor by simply admitting that most fighters are on something. this line isn't going to hold up for much longer. and they will look like even bigger fools when the next fighter from jackson/wink gets caught.

Have you seen some of the posts defending Jon Jones on this website? Some people are that fucking stupid.

Have you seen some of the posts defending Jon Jones on this website? Some people are that fucking stupid.

you're right. or maybe they're intentionally deluding themselves. who knows.

The above bolded procedures still cause basic chain of custody issues. Labeled by who? Sealed by who? Kept by who? The same 99.99% that cheat now? Nah.
The
The above bolded procedures still cause basic chain of custody issues. Labeled by who? Sealed by who? Kept by who? The same 99.99% that cheat now? Nah.
The point is that trainer can remove the issue of tainted supplements internally since supposedly this a plague. Nothing will convince the public.

I love of Jones's fans are like "he can't be that stupid, none of this makes sense!" and his own camp is like "here is a public explanation where Jones looks like a total retard".
So damned true, man. So damned true.

Man, I was in the "let's wait until the whole fiasco concludes to form a point of view" camp, but it gets worse and worse. To hear his team putting forth literally the worst of all plausible excuses, the one that makes their fighter look like exactly what everyone says he is - a fuck up - wow.

They're fuck ups. They have nothing better than this shit to offer.

The problem I have with this is that wouldn't he know by now if Jon took something new to cut weight? Ya know, just fucking ask him. Why act like you don't know and are speculating?

So they work out and gameplan each of Jon's fights in microscopic detail but when it's time to rehydrate they're like 'Hey Jon, since you're not doing anything, why don't you go ask around and see if anyone has something so you can rehydrate quicker. Like some kind of supplement or something, whatever you can find."

Back