Mike Tyson When He Was In Prison

maybe i'm a fool and a goof but i also like to think about things and not just repeat what some idiot doctor said. Not only with fast/slow twitch fibers (yes, i know about them) but with things like evolution and adaptation, some things don't make sense so I like to think about them. Why are white people white? yes, I know about the thing with vitamin d and the sunlight, but, there are plenty of people living in areas where theres even less light than there is in europe and they are dark. I like to wonder about those kinds of things and not accept some "experts" word for it. A lot of the slow twitch stuff does not make sense. especially as it pertains to boxing where you have the fastest guys who might not punch well, the slowest guys who can derail a train and opposite variations of same. Then you have guys with huge muscles who couldn't dent a tub of jello and guys with not a muscle anywhere and they are killers. then we can talk about stamina too, some guys with all the fast movement have legendary stamina and some guys with slow movements have horrible stamina. I like to think, and yes, it's true, women weaken legs ya :eek::eek::eek:, you'd know that if you ever got any.
Yes, you definitely are. You're also really funny if you think I read that essay. Please never talk about lifting again

lift lift lift, you pussy.

He was already boxing when he met bobby Stewart, I know he introduced him to cus. You don't recognise someone's boxing talent if they're doing triple jump.
I remember the story being that it was Stewart that ran the boxing program in juvie that introduced Mike to boxing. He was impressed with Mike's strength and toughness and told him to behave if he wanted to learn.

Last edited:
that's right, he also put mike down with a body shot, he also said mike had dazed him but he didn't let on because he didn't want the other kids getting any ideas about his authority. Mike also became a good student in school because that was one of the conditions.

that's right, he also put mike down with a body shot, he also said mike had dazed him but he didn't let on because he didn't want the other kids getting any ideas about his authority. Mike also became a good student in school because that was one of the conditions.

You're a funny guy.

funny thing a trainer said to me once, i asked if i had more power than this huge guy, i just wanted a reality check, he said "yes you do" I asked how could that be, i'd seen the guy press what had to be at least 400 pounds. My trainer said something which I believe is true, the muscles used to lift heavy weights are very slow contracting muscles, now, I know about all the fast twitch, slow twitch stuff we've all been fed but I also know that when I'm moving the heaviest wieght I can move, i can feel the muscles taking awhile to fully contract, punches are the opposite of that, like a seizing of the muscle for a brief moment.
Proper technique goes a long way. It doesn't matter how strong you are if you get no leverage and don't put your weight behind your punches.

Proper technique goes a long way. It doesn't matter how strong you are if you get no leverage and don't put your weight behind your punches.
ya, bodymechanics are a big part of it, not everyone has an aptitude for that no more than not everyone has an aptitude to dance. The other part is what happens at the point of contact, the seizing of the muscle is what creates the snap. different kinds of punchers, the heavyhanded type like JCC Sr and Foreman and the ones with crisp, concussive snap like tyson and edwin rosario. then, there are the kinds of guys who really don't have that much power but a crazy punch out put like aaron Pryor, I never thought of him as a bomber but he had a near 100 percent kayo ratio, same with wilfredo gomez.

maybe i'm a fool and a goof but i also like to think about things and not just repeat what some idiot doctor said. Not only with fast/slow twitch fibers (yes, i know about them) but with things like evolution and adaptation, some things don't make sense so I like to think about them. Why are white people white? yes, I know about the thing with vitamin d and the sunlight, but, there are plenty of people living in areas where theres even less light than there is in europe and they are dark. I like to wonder about those kinds of things and not accept some "experts" word for it. A lot of the slow twitch stuff does not make sense. especially as it pertains to boxing where you have the fastest guys who might not punch well, the slowest guys who can derail a train and opposite variations of same. Then you have guys with huge muscles who couldn't dent a tub of jello and guys with not a muscle anywhere and they are killers. then we can talk about stamina too, some guys with all the fast movement have legendary stamina and some guys with slow movements have horrible stamina. I like to think, and yes, it's true, women weaken legs ya :eek::eek::eek:, you'd know that if you ever got any.
It's good to think for yourself but why discount an expert's opinion off hand? I'm talking about a real studied, experienced expert. Someone who can think about these things and run experiments. Someone that's recognized and has contributed to the field. You have to be wary of self proclaimed or internet experts but recognize that there are people who know more than you do.

Experts are just humans, i think people discount their own innate intelligence and just parrot what some "expert" said. How many times have we heard some trainer talking about "core strength" he wouldn't know anything about "core strength" if it hadn't been repeated a million times before. And how many times have the guys who knew more than everyone about boxing been wrong when they've picked fights? So, listening to experts is fine but I don't think suspending your own ability to analyze and think is good. At any rate, I was just listening to "experts"talk about global warming, just trying to get some info from people who do indeed know more than i do about the subject. It's a good way to get facts without doing 20 years in school so yes, i do listen, I would say be circumspect though. There are plenty of things that doctors, priests, teachers, etc.., have believed in the past that we no longer believe. I think suspending your ability to think for yourself is about one of the worst things you can do, when you do that you're wide open to be brainwashed by whoever you run into.

ya, bodymechanics are a big part of it, not everyone has an aptitude for that no more than not everyone has an aptitude to dance. The other part is what happens at the point of contact, the seizing of the muscle is what creates the snap. different kinds of punchers, the heavyhanded type like JCC Sr and Foreman and the ones with crisp, concussive snap like tyson and edwin rosario. then, there are the kinds of guys who really don't have that much power but a crazy punch out put like aaron Pryor, I never thought of him as a bomber but he had a near 100 percent kayo ratio, same with wilfredo gomez.
I'm not sure punching power has as much to do with that as their approach to fighting. Are you looking for a clean one punch KO or are you looking to wear a guy down. Pacing yourself is important especially for big punchers that don't score an early stoppage.

i could easily see him biting nuts

46fdc1df8272a4120cd5b08b656dfa25.jpg

I'm not sure punching power has as much to do with that as their approach to fighting. Are you looking for a clean one punch KO or are you looking to wear a guy down. Pacing yourself is important especially to big punchers that don't score an early stoppage.
ya, pacing is important, many factors are important though really. timing, distance, where the punch lands. many, many factors. Guys like Pryor would throw a million punches not putting everything into any of them, you really don't have to to kayo guys. George Benton used to call it dead weight, throwing punches without losing energy, just letting the body do it without a lot of effort. Then you have guys like foreman who tried to put everything into every punch. most guys at that level know how to vary the speed and power they put into their punches, Tyson never really learned to switch gears, a skill which would have made him so much more complete.

Back