Mike Tyson vs Evander Holyfield prime for prime

Both in their primes, either a close decision win or TKO for Holyfield. As earlier mentioned Holyfield was never gonna be a good stylistic match up for Mike, especially with how durable he is.
Also the HW division when Mike was running through it was shite! Half the guys getting in with Tyson had lost before a punch was thrown, they were intimidated. Frank Bruno was visibly terified in both fight imo. Holyfield had to fight far better guys when he was champ than Mike did
who!!!! they were terrified of Tyson because he was a wrecking ball, holyfield went the distance with 2 grandads HOLMES & FOREMAN..BERT COOPER!!!! were Spinks and Holmes,Bonecrusher,Pinklon Thomas,Berbick shit...go back to bed<45>

Why are we discussing Tyson with white belts again. Prime Tyson was a bad man. Nobody has an easy night with him.

John ruiz is shit.

he was in 1996 but maybe not in 1991...
Question is “prime for prime”. So at their very best forms, Holyfield is the worst matchup possible for Tyson. However, Tyson at his best was a once in a lifetime, generational type fighter. His best output is just terrifying.

from 8
Question is “prime for prime”. So at their very best forms, Holyfield is the worst matchup possible for Tyson. However, Tyson at his best was a once in a lifetime, generational type fighter. His best output is just terrifying.
from 85 to 89...can you not see him overwhelming Holy with the level he was fighting at

from 8

from 85 to 89...can you not see him overwhelming Holy with the level he was fighting at
Sure. I said peak for peak its 50/50. That doesnt change the fact that Holyfield is the worst type of fight for Tyson. Hes like a tailor made fighter to take down Tyson.

In a clean fight I think prime Tyson sleeps him but no way in hell would a prime Holy fight clean. It would be headbutts and elbows and clinches of all kinds. Wear him down with wrestling and bleed him out as much as he could then he would start actually fighting when Tyson looks tired.

Sure. I said peak for peak its 50/50. That doesnt change the fact that Holyfield is the worst type of fight for Tyson. Hes like a tailor made fighter to take down Tyson.
HOLY was tailor made for Tyson in 1991...he lacked the size,power and experience to trouble him

In a clean fight I think prime Tyson sleeps him but no way in hell would a prime Holy fight clean. It would be headbutts and elbows and clinches of all kinds. Wear him down with wrestling and bleed him out as much as he could then he would start actually fighting when Tyson looks tired.
why not... grandads Holmes & Forman took HOLY the distance..its anybodys at boths prime

Prime for prime both guys end up on a stretcher. I can see either win 5 fights out of 10.

Back