Mike Tyson and Tank Abbott, they openly truly love just 1 guy

Yeah and I look at him now. He is competent and has some Ok guard work, but I don't see BJJ black belt even now. Maybe I'm just being harsh because of all the great black belts I've seen like Mir, Nog, Ricco, Damian etc but he screams solid blue

No offense my fellow Sherbro, but I think you're wrong. No way he's a blue belt. IMG_4716.PNG

I do agree that he never used his grappling skills, or developed them, to a huge advantage.

I don't think Carlson Gracie would have let Vitor say he was a black belt under him if he wasn't; that would reflect poorly on Carlson as soon as Vitor started getting submitted in grappling or MMA competition.

That's not true. Tank has often said that he really respected and liked Oleg Taktarov, said it was his best fight and also said he would love to meet Oleg again one day. He also says that he liked Fedor, Mark Coleman, and others.. Tank is a personable guy if you listen to his interviews
I remember what he said about Oleg and how he would love to have a beer with him one day. He also called Rizzo a ‘touch guy’ but out of respect. I’m just talking in general here. There are exceptions to every rule. Even Tank lol.

fedor_glasses.jpg

That's not true. Tank has often said that he really respected and liked Oleg Taktarov, said it was his best fight and also said he would love to meet Oleg again one day. He also says that he liked Fedor, Mark Coleman, and others.. Tank is a personable guy if you listen to his interviews
His best fight?He was gassed b4 the beginning,,,

I nearly forgot about that. I read he was actually a blue belt but was given a black belt. He never went through all the ranks. He was either that damn good or like you said, marketing. I still see him as a blue belt.
Back then, the controversy in the BJJ community was about how Vitor Gracie went from Purple to Black Belt, without even competing in tournaments.

The truth is... Rickson was trying to take Vitor away from Carlson, who considered him his most promising potential superstar and future champ.

A game of influence there...

Last edited:
I’m not sure I understand. So who do they praise?

Edit: Nevermind got it. Yeah that makes sense.

Back