Mike perry reminds me of phil baroni

Except it wasn't really that close. I laughed when Perry thought he would get the decision, seemed amazed that he didn't. Perry's a brawler, that's it. UFC will try to feed him low level guys with little technical ability.

He won round one, two was close but Perry getting dropped sealed it for Ponzi. Competitive probably would have been a better word choice than close.

Chris Leben was MUCH better than Mike Perry is. He is criminally underrated on here.

Leben only ever had one BIG win and that was Wand. Chris was a good gatekeeper and very exciting which made him a fan favorite but he was never really a contender.

I disagree with him being much better than Perry. They both beat and lose to similar levels of competition.

Big talker, bar room brawler who just wings hay makers with questionable cardio ,who will never beat the top guys but always put on exciting fights.

Nah, Baroni had legit boxing skills.

Baroni didn't wing haymakers until after he gassed.

His problem was that he put full power into every combo he threw early which is why he gassed out every fight.

Leben only ever had one BIG win and that was Wand. Chris was a good gatekeeper and very exciting which made him a fan favorite but he was never really a contender.

I disagree with him being much better than Perry. They both beat and lose to similar levels of competition.
He also beat Akiyama, and had a whole bunch of quality wins. Perry still hasnt beaten anyone of note, and Im skeptical that he ever will.

"I wasn't even knocked out. If you watch the fight, it looks horrible because I just collapse. He hit a part of my nervous system that knocked my motor functions out. I collapsed because I couldn't move. But I never lost consciousness."

LMFAOOOOOO I can't believe this is real.

But could Perry pull this off....

aQCt8.jpg

jpg_Phil_Baroni_6-2.jpg

closer to Leben. He has legit zombie mode.

This.

Perry has shown an incredible chin so far. That is no doubt still in part because of his youth, but it can't be denied. His cardio also appears to be decent.

Hes been reminding me of that Guido.

Dudes a total douchebag.

Aka more juice. Prime Baroni was the inspiration for USADA.

So glad nowadays thats impossible <Lmaoo> His boxing was way more technical. Regarding how late he started its crazy how far he got.
The much bigger talent then Perry.

It is a shame because he has the personality to be a star but I struggle to see him moving past the mid card.

Nah, Baroni had legit boxing skills.

Baroni didn't wing haymakers until after he gassed.

His problem was that he put full power into every combo he threw early which is why he gassed out every fight.

I miss Phil! :(

Prime Baroni would mop the floor with Perry. Better boxing,wrestling and more power. In general just more talented.

Phil looked to have had faster hands, as I recall, although most of his highlight knockouts are versus people to whom Perry likely would have done the same in some sort of time machine experiment.

Back